Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

Does anyone have any problems with the area around their port being sore? My muscle is soooooooooo tender....and I have Zumba tonight!

Down 1 more pound! 233.2!!! YIPEEEE!!!! I'm loving this band!

YES!!! I have it from time to time, and after working extra hard at the gym It is very sore. I am sure it is pulling muscle

good for you. I am out of control, still bouncing from 225-226 but so busy this week I am not doing as well as I should be.

Guess what I just did for the FIRST TIME EVER.

WENT TO THE GYM AND WORKED OUT FOR AN HOUR!

:clap2::faint::first:

Did all kinds of machines, eliptical, treadmill, weights..etc

I Feel like Jello and it feels GREAT!

Morning Violets (nearly afternoon)~

Laura~ Congrats honey. You will learn to love it. I actually look forward to it to. I took yesterday off because of the naughty night w/ tequilla, but I was back at the gym this am at 6! Good for you for starting. Now, stop looking at the scale...it will not go down for a bit, but you body will be responding in

n different ways. My clothes are way baggin:clap2:.

Just wanted to pop in and say hi! Got a busy day but I hate missing my violets...have a great day everyone.

My port hurts sometimes too. Orgasms and crunches hurt it, and then sometimes, it just feels sore (like i've been punched). I did 140 crunches this am and then walked around Walmart feeling like I've been punched.

Speaking of Walmart, I found this great tuna and turkey salads in the deli. 1 sugar, 2 carbs, and loads of Protein. I had two small spoon fulls (one of each) with some whole wheat reduced fat Wheat Thins and I am stuffed. I am still working on the portion thing...and I am really bad about the drinking thing. After my lunch, I grabbed my fruit punch Crsytal Light and took two big sips...Now I feel toooooo full!!!

TTFN

Speaking of orgasms.. One thing I was thinking about putting a poll up..

Just from 'logic' stand point it seems right, so I wanted to do my own survey..

When we have sex, he bends me in all kindsa funky positions.. I joke that sex is my huge workout for the day (not after today though whew)

Well last night he had my legs up over my shoulders.. and I felt a jerk in my stomach in the port area.. wasn't bad, but afterward I felt a little bit of throbbing in there.

I was wondering if there's a correlation with weird sex positions and port flipping?

So I thought about doing a survey.. Who has had a flipped port and is sexually active in weird positions.. who has had a flipped port and does 'normal sexual activity.. who has had a flipped port and was not sexually active.. and who has done all the above without a flipped port.. just to see some numbers.. I don't know if polls can be annonymous, haven't had time to check which is why I haven't done it, I don't want anyone to be afraid to answer because they wouldn't want that info out there..

Anyway, just a thought I had last night.

Laura, There is a thread I just read yesterday called rough sex, about this exact topic. You can do a search on that.

well last night he had my legs up over my shoulders.. and I felt a jerk in my stomach in the port area.. wasn't bad, but afterward I felt a little bit of throbbing in there.

I was wondering if there's a correlation with weird sex positions and port flipping?

:omg:OMG....if this IS the case, then I am gonna be one port flippin individual.....

Hi Violets,

Just wanted to say I just got home from the gym and I fgeel great! This week I finally hit the 30 lbs mark!! WooHoo!

Theresa

Thanks Tracy! It's so funny to say finally hit the 30 lbs mark when its only been a little over two months since our surgeries! I haven't lost that fast since I was a teen! You are doing great too, by the way!

Theresa

:)

WOW.. It looks like a good day to join this group... Sex talk on the first "date" .. I love it! Well, My name is Jen and I was banded 4/30/07 by Dr. Wohgelmuth in Norfolk, Va. So far I have lost 35 lbs (ok, I calculate my weight loss starting 1 week before my surgery since that is when I started my 'pre-op' diet and lost 11 lbs the first week). Anyhow, I am still navigating my way through this website. I thought I was good at computers until I hit myspace and this website :rolleyes: -- I would love to join this "thread" and the shrinking violets group.. someone please tell me exactly how that is done... It has been interesting to see what types of post op diets there are out there... That is the one thing I find most confusing is what to be eating and how much... I take it from the fact I am losing weight I am not doing too bad, but per my surgeon I am on solid foods, but I can eat 4-5 oz right now. I drink a Protein Shake for Breakfast (which is what I was told to do) then 4-5 oz lunch and 4-5 oz dinner. No Snacks or anything in between. It is supposed to be high in Protein and drink LOTS of no sugar/carb/calorie drinks... The protein and drink intake has been hard to muster when you don't eat much and you can't drink an hour after your meals.... I feel like a 2yo just learning to eat. Which I guess in a way we are having to "re-learn" to eat... this time around healthier and smarter!! --

Well I will end my first long note for now... I am open to any positive, funny, forward, honest responses!!

Hi Violets,

Just wanted to say I just got home from the gym and I fgeel great! This week I finally hit the 30 lbs mark!! WooHoo!

Theresa

Congrats Theresa! I bet you feel fantastic!!!

I am so jealous! I finally have restriction and have been really watching what I eat. I'm not "exercising" but I am trying to add bits of more activity in my normal routine. I have only lost three pounds since surgery. I have been keeping my calories between 1200-1500. I just don't know why I'm not losing weight!!! I think I'll try to do some low carbs to change things up a bit.

Any other advice?

Laura, good luck on the second fill. I think I need another one but I had one two weeks ago, and he said past two fills he wants me to wait 3-4 weeks. I think I'll go for three and get one next week.

welcome 4mykidz, to join our group, just post here :rolleyes:

... I have been keeping my calories between 1200-1500. I just don't know why I'm not losing weight!!!...<br /> Any other advice?...
<br /> <br /> <br /> Hi Tekymom... since surgery, I did not lose a single pound for 2 weeks, twice. Both times were right before and during TOM. Afterwards, the scale dropped pretty good! So, I just have to remind myself next month to not get discouraged and keep up the good food choices and excersice and just wait it out. Could this be happening to you?

Hi all, we are home. Ablation went really well. Rick already says he feels much better. His heart rate has dropped by about half! The way he described it was breathing with a quiver, where you feel your heart beating through your breathing, as if you just had a near miss accident or something....and now there is no quiver, and the heart rate is back into the 60's!!! The Dr. seemed really happy with the results. We don't go back for 6 weeks if all goes well. Yeehaw!!!

Kinsey is still refusing to even attempt to put weight on her foot. The ortho will see her again in the morning for another set of Xrays to determine if the fracture is opening any. They said to let her set her own pace, if she can walk, let her---but she won't, she cries, not a pouty cry---a pained cry so no one of course pushes her.

Glad to see all is going well. Tracy has me wondering with all her ex's and nuns.....tell us whats going on girl!!! And where's our picture??

Laura---everything getting set for the wedding? BTW Laura---I have flipped, but my port has not for over a year!

Welcome to the new Violet! You are right, this group talks about anything----and they don't put people down for having different ideas, or different Dr.'s orders, different lifestyles, nothing. They are accepting, and supporting, and you have stumbled upon one of the best threads on the site!!! Glad to have you.

OK, I am off to inform some others that we survived the latest ordeal---will check in on y'all tomorrow!

Kat