Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

Good Saturday Morning, Violets...

Cute doggies!

What a fill story!

Glad you're back w/us, Tracy!

Truck thing doesn't sound good...

Sorry to write responses like that, but I am so lightheaded! Whoo! I am drinking enough + getting in my pro, but man I am weak & lightheaded. The only thing I've done since Tuesday is lounge around the house, which has been nice but boring. Today i actually have to get out there & do a couple things... + tomorrow... & then next week kicks in like a "normal" week again. Go see the doc on Tues... then 1 more week of liquids (ack)...

My incisions are "beautiful" I've been told, no redness, no swelling... just the big one itches a bit... I even slept kinda sorta on my side last night!

I drink in little sips all the time... takes forever to drink a pro shake! I feel best in the a.m., and then as the day goes on I feel more bloated, gassy & full... by the eve, when I drink I feel chest pain... so I don't drink!

I think my mood is ok... still a bit freaky deaky about having the band in there & not knowing how it'll be when I finally go to actually eat something again...

Ok... so now I need ya'll to tell me that I'm perfectly normal (if not even ABOVE normal) and that I'm doing great & I'll get used to all this. K?

TGI..S!

Before I get to my excitement, anyone else have like stomach aches and diarhea in the morning? Seems to be my new morning routine.. it feels like anxiety pains or something.. I wake up and I get a flutter like butterflies, then I have gas and diarhea.. (not in bed of course). This isn't normal for me until after banding, curious if anyone else has this. I'm going to have to look into the lactose intolerance post-band information.. I normally have a cheesestick for my late night snack.

Soooo tonight fiance is takin me to a fancy restaurant.. one with reservations and no prices on the menu :heh:

He is trying to make up for the not-romantic-proposal, so I'm curious to see how it goes!

So what better day than today for me to get on the scale and see it....

299!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :clap2::faint: :o

I did a little dance as I took the dog out this morning!

lauraj23- Welcome to Twoserville (I think that is the expression!

Wow! That is wonerful! You are doing it even with all the exciting stresses.

TracyK - welcome back. My husband, Ira, was addicted to buying tools. It used to drive me nuts (and bolts). I agree it is hard to combine two people's life passions (yours for a house and his for trucks). Do you think he is sabotaging the house hunt because he doesn't want a house? Maybe he doesn't even know why he does it. Ira also kept adopting inappropriate dogs and bringing them home to his house before we got engaged. It was his way to say, he just wasn't ready.

Ira died 6 1/2 years ago, I miss him everyday, not the crazy tool buying, but the sounds of the machinery in my garage. Not the mess of sawdust but the smile on his face when he was making it.

So, I know it sucks, maybe you guys can compromise and be happy. Like next "truck" is a house..... hugs to you.

Ladies I loved the doggie pics. I will try to include one that shows my two Shih Tzus, Sammi (female) and Teddy. They are so sweet, my babies.

Happy Saturday!

Laura-YAY for YOU!!!!! I am so happy for you!

DynamoMini-sorry about your loss. That has to be hard to deal with. I will be fine. Thanks for the words!! You made me realize that I am lucky to have him here with me...truck and all :o

Good afternoon all!

Just stopping by to say hi!

WHOOHOOOOO!!! Laura!!!!! 299!

I have been doing yard work today and took a bunch of stuff to goodwill. This house needs to be DE-Cluttered especially if we are putting it on the market in the next 6 months... OVERWHELMING feat as the kitchen is currently under construction.

I hope everyone is out having a great day!

Hi everyone,

I am being banded by Dr. Kuri, Mexico on June 12th!!!!! Anyone else by chance lol!

I am currently on the pre op diet, hasn't been too terrible so far. Been very tired, a little weak like another lady had said but other than that okay considering I haven't eaten in 5 days and mighty proud of myself too lol.

Just thought I'd pop by and introduce myself :nervous

Can anyone explain this ticker thing to me???? I tried to add one (being so happy that I've lost 5 lbs so far lol :clap2:), but when I tried to paste the information that ticker factory gave to me in my signature, it wouldn't work????? :help:

Hi everyone,

I am being banded by Dr. Kuri, Mexico on June 12th!!!!! Anyone else by chance lol!

I am currently on the pre op diet, hasn't been too terrible so far. Been very tired, a little weak like another lady had said but other than that okay considering I haven't eaten in 5 days and mighty proud of myself too lol.

Just thought I'd pop by and introduce myself :nervous

Can anyone explain this ticker thing to me???? I tried to add one (being so happy that I've lost 5 lbs so far lol :clap2:), but when I tried to paste the information that ticker factory gave to me in my signature, it wouldn't work????? :help:

Hi Terranne-- Welcome and best wishes on your new journey!

Let me walk you thru the ticker thing.

1. click on someone's ticker - it will take you to the website to create yours.

2. click the box that says: "Create your own ticker"

3. click the "WEIGHT LOSS" or "EVENT" (your choice if you want to track the weight loss or count down to the surgery -- or count from the date you had surgery.) I am going to assume you clicked "WEIGHT LOSS" for the following steps.

4. click the ticker bar you wish to have as yours (there are 13 pages of designs to choose from - to see another page just click the page #) once you have decided - click "NEXT"

5. click the ticker slider you wish to have as yours (there are 7 pages of designs to chose from) once you decided - click "NEXT"

6. complete this page with your options - password; tracking by change of weight or showing actual weight and lbs lost; your target and starting weight; current weight and weight date; your height - click "NEXT"

7. highlight the code in the first box - starts with "[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/..." copy it (right mouse click - copy)

8. goto your "EDIT SIGNATURE" on your lapbandtalk and paste it (right mouse click - paste)

9. preview signature -- then add spaces and additional content as you wish.

Let me know if you need more help -- or if you have questions regarding these instructions.

Good Luck!<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

<o:p> </o:p>

GR8-I have struggled with this ticker thing and I re-read your instructions and finally got it!! Thank you so much!!

TracyK,

What part of Houston do you live in?

As for your DH...start putting money in an account that he can't access so you can get your house.

Rho-Z

I live outside of Houston (thank God) I could not handle Houston traffic every day!!!

I live in Dickinson over towards Galveston.....and you?

TracyK,

I live in Webster, close to the mall.

Did you say you were a Spivak patient?

If so, would you like to carpool to Dr. Spivak's support meetings sometime?

GR8-I have struggled with this ticker thing and I re-read your instructions and finally got it!! Thank you so much!!

No problem. Glad you are back.

40lbs -- you are doing great -- :welcome::o:Banane40:Gina

Good evening fellow Shrink'n Violets..

Grandson Ethan turned 1 today and there was a cook out party for him. DH sipped his Green Tea and I had a quarter cup of baked beans.. It was tough, but we did it!! I finally was able to get in the pool today. The Water temp was 82! Did my exercises and then when the air cooled down I jumped into the hot tub. I LOVE my water stuff!! Now it's time to relax and enjoy my last glass of Crystal Light lemonade for the day. Tomorrow DH is installed as Pastor Emeritus in the church where he pastored for 19 years. They are having a cake and fruit, neither of which he can have, but it's not about the food. They put a really nice article in the paper and I'm really proud of him. It will be a great day tomorrow. Then Monday we head down for my fill on Tuesday at 8 a.m. I'm a little nervous, but I'm sure everything will be fine.

Everyone have a great evening.. and remember to follow those bandster rules!!!

Laura,

I reached 298 two days before my surgery, so I know what it means!!! I hit my high of 349 in August of 06. Now, you may jump up in weight a little bit, so don't let that phase you!!!! Congrats on your accomplishment!!!!!!!!!!

Jane