Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

JUDY - your babies are adorable! They look like little angels. I have three Maltese. They actually do look like angels because they are all white but in reality they are little devils! I will try to find a pic to post...

Ok Gr8.. I go in for a fill on Tuesday. Your story made me smile, but I sure hope my experience isn't like yours!! Hopefully you're feeling good restriction and won't have to have another fill for awhile!!

I just got back from Curves and I've lost 13 inches since last month!!! I was thrilled:clap2::clap2:

We have a program called Let's Get Moving Northern Michigan and it started today. We record our miles online. They have the mile equivilant for various activities. Because I don't smoke and I drank 64 oz. of Water today and got 25-35 grams of Fiber and did 30 minutes at Curves , I got to post 53 miles!! No wonder I'm tired!! Actually the 50 miles is a one time bonus for not smoking. After this I should be able to log 3 miles a day at least.

Haydee: my boys are definitely angels.. as long as they're sleeping! Just like kids. :confused: They play with each other and torment each other when they are awake. I just love them to death though. They are my babies now that my real babies have grown up.

OMG- can I really be here? Can I really be posting on the best thread this site has to offer? I can't be!!! It must just be a wonderful dream...

Hi everyone....its TracyTX under a new identity. I had to join the witness protection program and change my ID to be able to post in here again...but it is worth it. Lets face it, I am not really the type to take those kinds of things lying down. ME? not be able to talk? WRONG!

I missed you all so much, I was going through withdrawels. It sucked to be able to read and not respond....so I bucked the system and re-registered and here I am. I have gone under 230 since I posted last. I was at 229 this morning!! I am SO happy :confused:

Judy-13 inches...yay you!! That is awesome! Thanks for copying my post over. I really appreciate it.

mdrai-I am so happy that you are in band-land! After the soreness wears off, you are gonna feel GREAT!

Denise-Good to see your weight coming off too! GO GIRL!!

Pamela-look at me...I am here. If I would have waited for them to fix it for me I still would not be here!! How are you?

Haydee-I live in the Houston area too and that clothes offer sounds appealing. Not the bras though, I am a member of the IBTC....lol

(itty bitty titty committee, for those that do not know what the IBTC is)

Laura...I think I am just as anxious as you for the day that you see that 2 is your first number. I can not wait for the day that we see you post that you are 2 something. Should only be a matter of a few days now...so hang in there!!

Everyone, I am so glad to be back. Take care!

Welcome back TracyK.....sometimes you just gotta do what ya gotta do!!!! Glad you found your way back to us. Some wird glitch got you it sounds like.

Back when we had the ability to "rate" one another I got kind of a nasty post/rating, I was afraid, it would boot me from the thread!!! Then I read where it happened to you---wierd!

All the pups sure are cute. I had to have my last pet, my cat Bailey put down a couple of months ago. I am afraid he was victim to the food fiasco---but he was over 16 years old, and I saw him suffering so put him down, and the following day the story broke. My vet called and I opted not to know. Prior to that, I had to put my 16 year old dog down when old age just got to be too much for her too. So far my heart is not ready to face that loss again. I keep saying I will get another one when I am 80 and it can outlive me! I miss having a pet. I know soon one will find me when the time is right. We have a big yard, and bigger hearts...so it is bound to happen. I have only had a few pets in my life, but have had each of them for long lives.....it is so hard to say goodbye. One of these days......

Kat

Kat-Thanks for the welcome back. I had to put my cat "cuzz" down the same time as you....he was 13 years old and he was suffering too. I think it was the cat food too. It broke my heart as well as my daughters. I said no pets for a LONG time. It is just too hard to deal with.

Haydee... your angels are adorable!! What are their names??

Kat.. I know what cha mean about losing pets. We have 4 dogs buried out in the back yard. Each one was loved and it broke our hearts to lose them, but we are the type that can't be without pets. BUT these two guys and our two cats will be our last. (I think..)

Tracy!! Glad to see you could sneak in under the wire here. We've missed you!!!

What cute puppies!! I love the pics! I will have to see if I can post a picture of mine. They are the sweetest when they are asleep.

Wenjea[/color];483694]...I am two weeks post op and my port site is still very swollen. It looks like a small football cut in half and laid under my skin. Do you all think it will go down with time or is there something in there that should be drained...
<br /> <br /> I had the same thing! Mine is still actually still swollen. Doc has seen it twice and thought nothing of it. It is going down, though. Used to feel like a hard mass, now it feels jiggly. But definitely has improved over the past two weeks. Hang in there! Oh- but I will mention that mine never was sore or hurt. If you feel pain there, then please see yoru doc.<br /> Well, Violets, I did not lose anything this past week. Nada. Nothing. But, it was TOM. I've been soooo good, too- that makes not losing even harder. Doc wants me to wait 90 days before fill, but I will beg for one if I have another week like this. (venting complete.)<br /> <br /> Here is my excersise challenge for June: <br /> 20 sessions of 45 minutes each. <br /> I completed 18 sessions of 30-40 min. in May, so I know I can do a little more for June. I am only doing the elliptical. Getting bored on the machine is the worst part to me. <br /> Regarding aging pets... I have a beloved cat that is 14 yrs. old and just seems absolutely miserable. He can't jump up on the bed, won't go up the stairs anymore, seems to "cry" a lot, seems disoriented and lost in our house, scared of everything, hides almost all day long... but still cuddles with me all night. It's a hard thing to think about, but I don't want him to suffer.<br /> <br /> ok, happier thoughts........ as someone else (sorry, don't know who) mentioned, I also have more energy after workin out! That is a first for me, big time!<br /> <br /> enjoy your weekend!<br />

Hi Shrinking Violets.

I sure do enjoy reading all the info in your posts.

I went in for my 1st fill Thursday. What an experience!

The assistant that was assigned to me couldn't get the needle

into my port. She ended up poking me 2 times. :o She said my port was very deep and left to get Dr. Spivak. He comes in and before I could blink he had the needle inserted into my port. I didn't feel a thing.

He has the magic hands! I stood for the floroscope and drank a little bit of barium. It wasn't too bad. It was so cool seeing the barium flow through the pouch and into the lower stomach. I ended up with a 1.7 cc fill. Dr. Spivak also told me I had a 10 cc band. Before the fill, I had to eat slowly, but could eat just about anything. :hungry: Now I can only eat about a cup of food and have to chew, chew, chew to keep the stomach monster happy. The band is such an amazing tool.

OK, now I have to exercise more. I plan to walk more each day.

Ya'll have a great weekend!

HELLO ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It has been simply crazy around here and I have not been weighing til I get my fill on Monday... I can eat anything and it really stinks.

All the pup pictures are so CUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gr8: I hope my fill goes better than yours! I am so excited to finally begin my restricted journey.

Last time I posted we were heading to Columbia for dbf's job interview. It lasted 4 hours! They put us up and paid for our gas. No offer yet, but I'm betting that he gets one next week.......... if he does I will be getting hitched so that I can put everyone on my insurance for the remainder of the year.. and it also means a move to Columbia MO within 12 months (Relocation Package)......... Ya.. I know it doesn't sound all romantic like Laura impeding nuptuals, but I already had my big church wedding many moons ago (1988) and I still ended up divorced. Yes this equals me a teensy bit bitter.. but my divorce was very hard on me it has somewhat screwed up my head for life. These days its different, and dbf have the same goals and ethics about raising kids. To pick up and give up my cushy job, sell my home and move several hours away from my very closeknit family I have to be legally married.... and thats the way I see it. Heck, I may even sell my old ring and pick me out a new one.... I KNOW, I KNOW.......... where is the romance you say? Long gone and been replaced with companionship, shared goals and common sense............ Have a great day!

Hi Debra-Wehave the same Dr.:)I got my first fill on May 16th. The assistant Brenda did mine and had no problem...i didn't feel a thing either. So far the restriction is good.

Good morning Violets....boy it feels good to be able to say that!

I am kinda down this morning...:o my DH is addicted to buying trucks. We have been married for 4 1/2 years and he has had more vehicles than I can count. The last one he got was a short 6 months ago. We are trying to save money to buy a house. He knows how important it is to me. For the past 2 weeks he has had "the fever" and has been shopping around. He knows how much it bothers me, but I thought as long as he was just looking that it can't hurt. Well, yesterday he just got up, asked me if I wanted to go on a road trip and I declined. When I asked where he was going he said I am not going to tell you because you will just get mad...you always do. So, I immediately knew and said Which car lot? Long story short...he got a new one yesterday. But ya know, it is not the fact that he bought the truck that bothers me...it is that he has proved to me that no matter what I say or how I feel, he is going to do what he wants, when he wants. That surprises me because in any other aspect, he respects me and what i have to say (or at least I think so). My eelings are hurt and I do not know what to say or how to act. Everything I could think of sayin I have already said 6 months ago. It did not matter then, so why would it matter now? Of course I got the same old "this is the last one I am getting" line. I really should think of all the positive things. He is a very hard worker. He treats me very well in every other way. I just can't seem to get over the fact that he holds my feelings on this in such little regard. That cuts me to the core.

OK, thanks for listening. I will try to get off my pity pot.

Take care everyone, and have a great day!

TracyinKS-I will be thinking of you Monday when you get your fill. I hope you have as easy experience that I did.

I agree with your views on the dbf. I hope everything works out as far as his job offer. Sounds like another exciting journey in your life!!

Yeah Denise!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are well on your way to the 220's!

Laura: Congrats on the jeans!!!!

Kat: sorry to hear about the hernia

Michelle! CONGRATS ON JOINING BANDLAND BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Teach: Glad to hear that hubby is doing well!

Haydee: Man I hope I can finally feel that restriction you are talking about.

TracyK: Guess I missed what happened to you.. glad you are back.

My goal for today is drinking all my water!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TracyinKS-I had to re-register under a new name to be able to post on this thread. Strange, I could post on every other thread, but not this one. So, here I am under a new identity:)