Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

Jenn... You could drive here & we could drive the rest of the way together!

Ahhhhhhhhhhh... daydreaming! :clap2:

holy hannah.....you gals are an active bunch. they say "watch what you wish for" ha!

i think i have too much restriction. i can drink Water and broth. but i cant eat yet. also i have to stand to take much in. i've had a problem from the beginning in that i have to walk around to eat...weird right???

they checked my band position this week and they keep telling me...."perfect!"

oh well i can deal with this till the weight comes off. last time i had a fill the saline left pretty quickly so i'm just going to go along with this. i can drink Protein Shakes and water so i wont be in trouble.

terri: if you look at the % you've lost....you are doing great. starting out you had less to lose then alot of people that are putting out big nbrs. have you kept your measurements...i bet that is where you are showing results. you are really hitting the gym hard

tracyinKS: i know i want to buy clothes half price but sizes are changing like crazy. (i'm not complaining). you made me laugh with the b*^tch slap comment

teachlady: i agree with you about counting pre-op weight loss...it is definitely related to the band and probably harder to do.

tracyk: the more i see of the TT operations...i am more open to them. there is a girl on the before/after pics that is having everything done and she looks good. she has been giving a blow by blow description of what she is going through. i think her father did the operations.

hi lunasa, jennifur, mdrai, chica chula, bubbles, janiebug, puddy, househuntress

have a terrific thursday

OK Michelle - I'm on my way... I'll have to pass right by you

I'm going to do some research when I get home, off for real this time, be back about 11

Josie, I just noticed that you're in Katy. I'm in Tomball. We're practically neighbors! I'm sorry that you have to walk when you eat. How does that look when you're at a restaurant? he he he... Did you tell your doctor about the walking while eating?

I think we pretty much have all had our 1st fills (or those that needed them). I've had 3!! ;)<!-- google_ad_section_end --><!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

I haven't had a fill yet!!! I have my first one scheduled for Aug. 9, and I am sure hoping that this gives me a boost!

I really need to drop as much as possible by Aug. 27 (so I may move up my fill date) because I am going to court for a case that will be in front of a jury and I want to look as good as possible for the jury. That may sound silly, but I know that there are people out there who unfairly judge people on being overweight. When we get closer to trail, I'll be asking you all for specific prayers (involves adopting my foster child).

Tomorrow is my three month band-a-versary. I've only lost 32 pounds since surgery. The other 7 I lost before surgery. How's everyones weight loss just SINCE surgery?

I lost 20 # on pre-op diet, and 30 # since April 16 banding.

I am down a total of 31 since I started my pre-op on 4/1/2007...... I daydreamed about being close to ONEderland by Labor Day but my backsliding while not filled really took that away.

JulieNYC is the person giving the detail about surgery SHE IS AWESOME she is like Kat and an April06'r who tend to be our mentors.... Julie gives me real hope that I can actually get down to goal. She is lucky to have a father who is a plastic surgeon.... although he had to look at her adult fanny YIKES!

I am so ready to get out of here...........

hi chica,

i just moved here in october so i'm still finding my way. where is tomball?? i'm getting good with the circles altho' i dont get the "nicknames" for them straight ie. beltway = ???

i do know out here near katy ha! i have 2 gps's and i still get lost. ha!

actually i have a funny story...i went on eharmony before i moved here just to see what type of guys are around. so far they sent me 400 guys and i've only spoke to 2. currently i am speaking to 1 of the 2. so we are just at the talking in person stage. of course i dont want to see him until i lose 40 more lbs (dont ask...i've been talking about this is therapy for 12 yrs ha!) so i wont go out with anyone being heavy.

i figure i can hold him off until mid august. but i told my sister in law i was worried if he asked me to dinner. when i go out with them i have a ritual of walking around after i swallow something. oh well i guess i will worry about that if the time comes.

tracyinKS...i was wondering about my own father doing an operation on me...ewwww.

schexy: one look at you and your loving way with those adorable kids of yours...you wont have anything to worry about...but i will still pray...

see ya later

Josie, the Houston freeway system is easy once you've driven around and gotten lost a few times! Tomball is just east of Katy but I don't know of any quick way to get there. I have to take the Beltway then I-10.

So does Eharmony work? I mean do they actually pair you up with someone that is sooooo compatible with you?

So check out this thread, dawgs!! .... LBT in Vegas February '08

Hey ladies

if we have to fly to get to a cruise, how about leaving from VA? cheap to fly into Norfolk, or only a 9 hr drive for us who don't fly (MEMEMEMEMEM!!!) they have cheap cruises

I looked into them last year

Sounds great!

I live in the Norfolk area -- I can help. Those flying in or setting up the accomodations and activities -- the airport is Norfolk International (ORF) or alternative Newport-News/Williamsburg (PHF). There is so many choices in the area - Cruises - Beach front Virgina Beach - Jamestown - Williamsburg / Bush Gardens - Nags Head (90 miles from ORF).

Chica-Chula -- you are doing wonderful! My 3 month anniversary was Monday - I lost 25 lbs since surgery day. I just went for my 2nd fill today and lost 11 lbs since first fill 6 weeks ago. He added 2cc to my 3 cc's and said that I was loosey goosey and losing 11lbs was great being that way --- that I must understand the Lap-Band and that is 80% of the battle. Here I was thinking I was failing and missing something, thanks to you asking the question of everyone of their loses, Judy and all you wonderful Violets -- restating the rules - I know I am normal - we are all in the same boat!

Have a great evening!!!!

Gina

I can just imagine telling my DH that I am going on vacation without him...

Whatever you all do I hope you have an awesome time!!

I did just realize something though, Vegas with the DH tagging along would be great. He would hang a lip like you would not believe if I said I was going to Sin City without him LOL

Count me IN!!! But I wanna go NOW!!!! Are we there yet??????

Tracy---no one said he couldn't come! We'll need someone to carry our newer lightweight luggage!!! I am only kidding---I personally have no problem with significant others of any kind being there....some of us are lucky enough to have them as our biggest supporters, and if we want to keep them as that, maybe we ought not party without them! LOL

Took the granddaughters to see Ratatouille (sp?) today, they both loved it. They are 6 and 2. It even kept my Mom and I entertained. The 2 year old was very antsy in the pre-movie movie about some aliens---so I thought it was going to be a disaster, but the movie itself she loved! About 10 minutes into it, she says "Granny them peoples don't have eyelashes! I wanna take mine off!" 2 year olds---gotta love 'em!

Anyway, back to the subject at hand. I am willing to fly wherever. I was interested in the Vegas on the other thread, but that is about the timing I was planning to do the TT. Hmmmmmmm I love Vegas, and the variety of things to do there. We don't do tons of gambling, but are never at a loss for things to do. We went to a body museum last time, it was incredible!!! Actual bodies, freeze dried, showing blood vessels, organs, muscles....it gave me a whole new respect for how my body moves. We could have spent HOURS in there there was so much to look at! And my DD loved the wax museum!

Anyway, I'll do my best to be wherever, whenever----sounds awesome!

We have been researching beach houses in TX, in Palacios--across the Water from Port Lavaca where they are holding a a family reunion) for the end of next month---and for a 3 bedroom house, with room to sleep 11. Has it's own private pier, screened porch, fish cleaning areas---fully stocked, etc. We rented it for a week--and it was $900.00. Which ended up cheaper, when we all broke down the cost. Last time we rented a boat, and went back and forth to the reunion that way. Now we aren't even sure we are going.....so haven't made any more plans. We rent fromt eh same guy each year, and he said if we would let him know by the first of August, he would be fine with it.

Well dinner is ready (smoke alarm is sounding)---timer is dinging!

BBL!

Kat

Tomorrow is my three month band-a-versary. I've only lost 32 pounds since surgery. The other 7 I lost before surgery. How's everyones weight loss just SINCE surgery?

Haydee,

I'm approx 10 weeks out from surgery and I've only lost 27 lbs - I haven't been exercising....I also don't have proper restriction yet. I'm losing slowly but surely, so I'm not going to stress about it too bad. I think that 32 lbs is fabulous! You're not the same weight as you were 3 months ago, and you weigh 32 lbs LESS! Give yourself a pat on the back girl!!! :clap2: