Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

Good morning violets!!

Plateaus?? hmmm, I have hear several long time bandsters say to eat more than you normally would for a day or even two...then get back one liquids and mushies for a day or 2 and that will kick start it again. I am too chicken to try that though!! But, they swear it works....kinda like shocking the system.

Judy-it is supposed to rain here today too . I really hope you get the sunshine you need for your garage sale.

Laura-what beautiful pics! what a cute couple you 2 make. I still can't get over the hundred dollar slot:eek: I've seen them, but never done it!

Oh well, I need to check the weather radar & forecast....I was going to bring the kids swimming today (and get some exercise in for me too believe it or not) but this just sucks!!

Terri-hangover this morning?? lol

To anyone I may have missed talking to, sorry, I am only on my first cup of java

Have a great day! And remember what Judy always says!!

Laura! -- You are BEAUTIFUL in the PICTURES! You look wonderful and hubby and you look so happy together - dream come true -- absolutely WONDERFUL! (I love the way you grouped the pictures as well).

Judy -- I am hoping and praying for SUNSHINE for you! Oh and lots of dough from the sale as well.

Denise822 -- Maybe I missed it -- but what are your stat's (High/Surgery/Current/Goal)-- maybe that will help us determine the next step to getting over the plateau. Are you close to your goal? Are you following the RULES as Judy reminds us -- Correct food choices - getting enought Protein each day -- Water -- and so on? Great job on exercising!

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!

Gina

OMG Ya'll....I just spent some time looking at the pics and posts from the LBT cruise they took in June!! They had such a blast. WE HAVE GOT TO MAKE THIS HAPPEN!!

And NO, TracyK...I am not hungover! ;) I only had 2. I don't drink much anymore but these were my beading buddies and if I had not had a cocktail or two they would have thought I was seriously ill.

Can't decide what to do today. DH is at the golf course (in the rain, of course) and the kids are with their dad. The house is clean. I suppose I could clean out my closet AGAIN. I can' t believe the amount of clothes that are just too big. And I already gave away 5 garbage bags full!!!! I've got at least another 1 or 2. Don't feel like messing with Ebay, but probably ought to put them on consignment. Too lazy. :bored I think I'll make some Breakfast, let it digest then go spend a couple of hours at the gym.... weights, swimming, cycling and sauna. That sounds so nice to just have time to do whatever I want there. I'm usually trying to cram my workout into an hour. OH!! I'll go to the spinning class!! I haven't done that yet...and it starts in 45 mins. Gotta go!! :o

Oh!! Wait!! I had to get back on to tell Laura how absolutely beautiful you looked in your wedding dress!!!!! Thank you so much for sharing your pictures with us. Ya'll look so happy! I loved the picture of you peeking over someone's shoulder....that was cool. I'm really happy for you, honey and hope you two have a wonderful, blissful life together!!! XOXOXO!!

Laura you are a knock out!!! WOWSER!!!!!!! I can only imagine how pretty you're going to be once you lose all of your weight...your hubby is one lucky guy!!! Of course he's very handsome too. You look absolutely stunning in your dress!!! Congratulations! :o

Just want to say good morning gals. I am going to look at Laura's pics that I'm sure are stunning.

finally, got to sleep in

Denise? I was told yest by a trainer that I got the the gym too much. what do you do there 6 days a week, that could have a lot to do with it!

Laura - you are absolutely stunning! I love the black & white's (they are always my favorites for some reason)

I need to have that princess and frog sign...

Love your Dad's shirt!

Laura, I loved your dress! You looked just like a princess!

Well, it's raining here. We've postponed our garage sale. I think I'll sit down and watch a movie. House is a mess but I really don't feel like doing anything.

Have a good day today...

I was told yest by a trainer that I got the the gym too much.

HUH??? Gym Nazi no understand.

Ahhhhhhhhh the end of Garage Sale Part I has arrived.. It rained all morning and cut down the amount of people, but I made $125 and will be having the Great Garage Sale Part Deux next Friday. I still have a ton of clothes left, but got rid of a lot too. The funniest one was a "fluffy" lady who came in and bought a few of my things. One in particular was a cute denim dress with pleating on the bodice and little pink flowers. Nice dress. She says, as she brings it to me to pay for it, "I make denim quilts and I'm always looking for denim and this one is particularly BIG so I'll get lots more Patches out of it". That was ego deflater #1.. BUT morale booster #2 was a lady saying.. "somebody must have lost a LOT of weight or you got these clothes from somebody else". Made my day. And DD observed.. "ya know mom, it's funny. The fluffy ladies come in, look at the clothes and end up buying the cook books!!" Hope everyone is having a good day. I'm going to take a nap!! Catch ya'all later!

Judy-look at the first comment as a positive one too....she would not get near as many "patches" out of one of the dresses you wear right now, right?!! Sounds like part one of the garage sale was good considering the rain!! Good for you!

HEY..GYM NAZI....do some exercise for me :o

I would do it myself, but, I have 3 kids over here, but wait, that is exercise enough, right?

Laura--you looked beautiful, it didn't look like you were melting!!! I looked through your pictures, and how happy and relaxed everyone looked, and thought I wonder how differently it would have been if she had continued on in the BIG wedding thing it started!!?? You look like a very in love girl, and the dress is gorgeous!!! You were also right about Dads shirt tying it all together---you did a great job!

Well we seem to only be getting rain in the evening. I hit Curves this morning, and cleaned the house up---now I am just waiting for Rick to get home. We have some shopping to do for our trip next weekend, and we are meeting our friends for dinner---but between now and then I am sure he will be prepping his trailer to paint it, I won't see much of him anyway!!! Maybe I'll hunt up a new book to start!

Sorry the rain dampened (yeah---pun intended) the mood of your yard sales. Keep in mind there are those that live to yard sale, so they will be itching to get out next week too---so you should have a banner sale then!

So Tracy did the scale behave and stay where it is supposed to? Mine is back to bouncing a half pound on and off!! Oh well, I am finally getting back into the workout groove again! I needed the push so bad!!! I used to do pretty well....then life got crazy, and it is what got pushed to the side. I need to move---I feel so much better when I do, and I enjoy it---I have no idea why I let it slide.

I am suddenly having trouble eating watermelon. I hate that, because I like watermelon! But just a few bites, and it is in my throat, and I am gagging. No warning with sliming---it is just a chore to keep it down. Not going to try it again for awhile, but twice now. I thought the first time, I just ate too big of a bite or something....but little bites, and chewed well. Same problem.

I know my trainer friend is always telling me never to work the same muscle group 2 days in a row. To lift weights one day and do cardio work out the next, or the muscle will retain too much Fluid to benefit from the exercise. Or something to that idea. So that may be the same thing Jenn was told, and might be affecting your plateau. Good Luck, let us know what you are eating, we might be able to share ideas over that too!

Ok, off to cruise the site, and find a book to read. Catch y'all later!!

Kat

Ok---me again. I just went and got the mail. We got a bill from the New Mexico Heart Institute. Rick has had surgery there, plus multiple procedures, so I am not surprised. Now this is what it says.

Dear Mr. M.....

Thank you for choosing NMHI for your medical needs. We pride ourselves in providing outstanding care for our patients. Our records indicate you still have an outstanding balance of $0.00 and a recent payment has not been received. Please send payment in full or contact a Patient Account Manager at (505) 843-2922 or toll free at (800) 888-6642 for further assistance. Any information garnered on this account will be turned over to our collection agency if we do not hear from you regarding this long overdue balance.

Sincerely,

NMHI

Am I losing my mind here??? We have ALWAYS paid what little we owed after insurance in a timely manner---which is obvious in the amount owed....nothing! I am seriously considering writing them a check for $0.00 and mailing it to them, and mailing a copy of both the bill and my check to everyone involved with the Heart Institute---maybe even the Albuquerque Journal Paper---except the bill for the NEW MEXICO heart institute come from Denver CO!!!

I wonder why I get frustrated?????

Anyway thought I would share what a deadbeat I am!!!

Kat

Hi everyone,

Thanks for being willing to help me.

I do weight training only twice a week. When I started 3 years ago, I built up muscles. My legs are very firm.

I read the book "body for life" and he said after you have developed the muscle that you want, you only need to do it twice a week to keep it up.

I use the weight machines at my gym. As soon as they get a new trainer in August, I am going hire her to help me learn the free weights.

I started out at 215. My dr. told me I would lose slower than anyone who had more to lose. I lost 22 lbs the first 4 weeks on the liquid diet and it's taken me 5 months to lose 18 more. The last time I lost anything was after my last fill 2 months ago.

I drink a Protein Drink in the morning, for lunch I will either have cottage cheese with a 40 cal. Dannon lite and fit yogurt mixed in, or a spinach salad

with chicken breast mixed in. I use Walmart's 10 cal. for 2 Tablespoons of dressing. For dinner I have some sort of meat and veggies. I have a sugar free fudgesicle for an evening snack. 40 calories. I will usually have some small amount of fruit in the afternoon sometime after lunch, like a few cherries or blueberries.

So here it is, almost 7 months after surgery and I am stuck at 40 lbs loss. I don't even know what my goal is, but I am 5'2" and 175lbs and I am stuck.

I am sure I don't need another fill, because I get really full fast and stay full for hours.

If you have any suggestions, I will do whatever it takes to break this plateau.