Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

Okay, it sounds like I'm right on track then. I think what throws me off is the fact that alot of you started a pre-op diet and lost quite a few pounds on that. So when I see the tickers and I see like 50 or 60 pounds lost, that makes me feel like I'm way behind. I didn't have to do a pre-op diet at all but I did mimic some of the post band way of eating and I managed to lose 7 lbs pre-surgery.

I know, I know, this is not about the scale. But for me it is, just a little. Well alot. ;)

Thank god there was NO pre-op diet for me! I had Clear Liquids the day before and that's it! Although I'd probably be a lot thinner now if I would have....

<TABLE class=tborder style="BORDER-TOP-WIDTH: 0px" cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR title="Post 514429" vAlign=top><TD class=alt1 align=middle width=125>chica chula</TD><TD class=alt2>Josie, the Houston freeway system is easy once you've driven around and gotten lost a few times! Tomball is just east of Katy but I don't know of any quick way to get there. I have to take the Beltway then I-10.

So does Eharmony work? I mean do they actually pair you up with someone that is sooooo compatible with you?</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

hey chica

actually considering they sent me 400..and i only wanted to speak to 2....not really

altho' maybe in your age range it would.

when i was in my early 30's like you....i did something like match.com and had a blast....

eharmony sends you people a few at a time...you cant "walk through the candy shop" to view all the flavors ha!

i live south of I-10 off grand pkwy

Josie, the Houston freeway system is easy once you've driven around and gotten lost a few times! Tomball is just east of Katy but I don't know of any quick way to get there. I have to take the Beltway then I-10.

So does Eharmony work? I mean do they actually pair you up with someone that is sooooo compatible with you?

I did eharmony and yes I did meet several guys that I had a lot in common with.. it was weird though because each of them had different things in common with me and were all different.... I emailed and talked on the phone and 3 I actually went out with....

I gave them all nicknames.... one was a lawyer, one was a massage therapist, one was a cowboy....... lawyer and I just didn't have chemistry.. 3 boring strikes.. (I kept HOPING.. I mean he was a LAWYER opening his own practice, but sadly no..... ) Massage therepist, he was a nice guy and WOWWWWWWWWWWWW what a Valentines as he was the most romantic...... he started just showing up uninvited and that was a big no no, as I did not let ANYONE meet my son..... and in the process I was falling for the cowboy....... I nicknamed him chickenglenn because he ran.... and thank god he did, because he would of turned out to be a hardheaded pain in the ass... he actually asked me to wait until his contract was done and then .... wth..... that one kind of hurt a bit... a beautiful cowboy (I was at my thinnest too) He actually contacted me to tell me he came back and by that time I was dating dbf.. who by the way I met on Yahoo and is by far THE most compatible... but the other yaahooo on yahoo gave my computer a virus from us getting into an Instant messenger argument... (he was a computer guy for sprint and his job was testing firewalls) NOTE TO SELF DON'T PISS OFF A DIVORCED COMPUTER EXPERT! LOL......

Overall my year of online dating was a fun one.......... and it is important to note that when I started my year plus of dating I was around 230 and I had FUN! GO FOR IT.......... BUT JUST BE CAREFUL.... create a fake email and never give out a house phone... use a cell that can't be traced and can be easily changed.....

<table class="tborder" style="border-top-width: 0px;" align="center" border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="1" width="100%"><tbody><tr title="Post 514429" valign="top"><td class="alt1" align="center" width="125">chica chula</td><td class="alt2">Josie, the Houston freeway system is easy once you've driven around and gotten lost a few times! Tomball is just east of Katy but I don't know of any quick way to get there. I have to take the Beltway then I-10.

So does Eharmony work? I mean do they actually pair you up with someone that is sooooo compatible with you?</td></tr></tbody></table>

hey chica

actually considering they sent me 400..and i only wanted to speak to 2....not really

altho' maybe in your age range it would.

when i was in my early 30's like you....i did something like match.com and had a blast....

eharmony sends you people a few at a time...you cant "walk through the candy shop" to view all the flavors ha!

i live south of I-10 off grand pkwy

I met my hubby on yahoo in a chat group. He is SO SOOOOO wonderful...I can't believe that I found someone like him online!!!

TracyinKS, I see your weight creeping downnnnnnnnnnn!!! I bet by Monday you're in the 230's!!!!! WOOHOO!!!

Denise: WHOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOO 227! way to go girl.

Pamela: Where the hell are you??????????????????

OK going to bed................. praying for 239.5......... please please please... stay tuned

hi tracy,

actually when i moved here i thought a nice cowboy in 501 levi's and a cute cowboy hat would be fun.

the 1st guy on eharmony that i spoke to seemed like a cowboy....i thought he was nice...but he was expanding a new business and worked 7 days a week till 9-10 at night. the one thing i have on my hands is time....

this current one...was ok to look at but i liked his profile.

he got a little weird when i changed the time to talk on the phone....

then my niece (a college kid of course) asked me if i googled him and i didnt even think about it. so we did...

he's a surgeon ha!

but i spoke to him last night and i'm already finding fault. he was bragging (which i hate) about his 100 acre ranch and his 6000 sq foot house...blah blah blah. i could care less about any of that.

so i almost sent an email today telling him i thought we werent compatible.

but instead i am looking at this as a practice session since i havent dated in a long while.

i did make the mistake of giving him my nbr. he kept pushing for it which i thought was weird....

anyway i will keep you posted...

the dating being heavy thing is a hard one for me...my therapist laughs when i go into why i cant date being heavy and then i dont lose weight. (before banding) it's a viscious circle.

oh well...if i keep on track this may become a non issue.

i have to say i do feel sexier losing just a little weight. i really kept the weight on as a shield....to keep people away.

anyway...i'm so glad i came to this thread. i feel like i have support for the 1st time since i was banded....i like that we talk about everything

have a good night

Denise: we were posting at the same time............:)

What I meant to get accross on the online dating thing is that I was in 16 or 18's when I went on my first online date I was not a skinny size 12... so don't feel you need to wait on your WEIGHT ... get out and live life NOW! ENJOY IT..... GO FOR IT...... its all about the attitude

ok.......... going to bed now

Josie -- we are pretty close to each other! I work near I-10 and Highway 6! We should meet for a drink some night...or uh....coffee! I live on the NW side, near Barker Cypress & West Road...but you prolly don't know where that is.

Hell, we could have our own Violet support group in Houston. I think there's 4 of us here, right? Haydee, me, Josie and TracyK. Maybe Househuntress too? Who else?

TracyK -- My husband would NEVER let me go to Vegas without him! I was definitely planning on bringing him! I'll bet our guys would have fun meeting each other too! Wouldn't it be funny if we went to a restaurant together?? The guys would all order meals and the girls would all be ordering appetizers! The waiter would think we're some sort of penny-pinching-coupon-clipping club! :)

Oh, I hope we can pull this off!!

Did Judy go to bed even EARLIER than usual tonight?

Note on a Carnival Cruise in March or April, I have had a couple customers go on Carnival cruises then, and they did not like it because so many spring breakers were on board the ship and were either really young and screaming and running around, or they were older and totally drunk all the time. I have no personal knowledge of this, just heard from a number of different people.

Weight loss since 4-17-07 band date is 38 pounds. Lost 51 pounds before the band was placed. But, like was stated earlier by someone, I have a lot of weight to lose, probably twice as much as some of you, so I am going to lose this faster, but probably percentage wise, you may be actually beating me with your weight loss.

Jane

Another great topic tonight I missed. I am a big huge (ok not as huge. lol) chicken to do the online dating thing.

My friends would make fun... I am a fat ass and think no one in the entire world would want to be seen with me... and then there are the freaks who just want cybersex!

So although I feel so much better about myself, I don't know, but then again, will I ever see myself as a person that someone would want to be seen with.

you gals seem to be pretty happy with your others... makes me wonder ...hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I didn't meet my DH online, I met him in line.....he was in front of me several places, and he was causing trouble, not wanting to pay....he was a troublemaker then, and remains so at times. You hear about seeing trouble dancing in someones eyes, it was in his I saw what that meant---his bright blue eyes, were just sparkling, and he was laughing, and making gross jokes, and impressing all his buds.........we were in 4th grade!

We attended school together, from 4th grade to graduation--yes we both made it! We were friends, tho not close, I was quite good friends with his best friend. Only because the best friend and I had last names very similar, and any alphabetical seating charts had us sitting together!! I knew him and liked him ok, but was serious with my now ex husband and he with his now ex wife!! We went our separate ways, and married the wrong ones. Fast forward a few years and a few kids later (!!), and we ended up sitting at tables next to one another in a bar!! When my friend got up to dance, I saw someone headed my way I was avoiding so I slid over to their (he and his best friend) table and talked to them. He tells me (yes tells, not ask!) Let's dance....we did. OMG!!!! I kept telling myself, 'you can't be feeling that or thinking that, this is Rick...!!!!' Didn't work! He did the same thing. We dated every night for the next 18 days! Then he moved away, went off to college, and we did long distance for awhile...til it got to be too much, and we moved in together, first there then here....and here we are. We finally made the families happy not too long later and made it legal, and got married!!! He still makes my heart beat faster---especially when we dance.

I would have been out of luck if I had relied on computer dating, he is just now willing to use it for anything other than ebay!!! So in my case it was thank goodness for the lunch line!!!

Kat

Good morning Violets!!

Finally back to 219 again...Ok, so the scales do matter. funny how when it goes down they matter and when they don't I try to blow it off and just keep on keeping on. :)

Terri-you crack me up....the coupon clipping penny pinchers club!!

lol

I had just assumed that they guys weren't invited, so as long as they are, I have alot better of a chance of going. I am sure I am making my DH sound like a monster that never lets me do anyting, but that is not the case. We are just the type of couple that does everything together...and like it that way. Corny, huh? lol

Kat is right anyway, who would carry the luggage? LOL

Everyone have a great Friday!! And remember what Judy always says....

Kat- that is the most romantic thing ever... how nice

Morning all - very very tired, don't know why i got up... ok yes i do because I know kids will be up withing the next hr and by time i got back to sleep they would be jumping on me. so I'm going to have my coffee and watch the news in quiet.

TracyK - I'm back down to 219 this am too and I am still retaining last nights 4 bottles of Water.< /p>

so I worked the ovens last night 3 hours straight without a break 8hrs in total. Hot is an understatement and 3 different heights. does that count as a workout?