Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Fabulous February!

I have the standard option. you shouldn't worry too much about costs for tier 1 and 2 meds (the hover around 5 copay). Tier 3 meds cost a bit more but its not that much. I just purchased typhoid meds (my son is headed to the Philippines in a few weeks) and the script was 71 and the copay was 20. The only other med that I purchased above tier 2 was Vancomycin which is a scheduled drug (C-diff 3 years ago) the cost was 1900 for 2 weeks and my copay was 200 which was the max on the plan at the time. Don't forget that paying double for the standard (100 per pay period v. 200 per pay period for a family) is that it is pre tax money. The savings on surgery plus the pre tax was why I chose it. I was just flabbergasted that I called the Doctor on Monday' date=' sent approval letter in on Tuesday and was approved (on my birthday no less) 2 days later. It just seemed so quick!! I was prepared for a couple months of paperwork. I also chose the standard because when I decided to do the WLS in October 2012, I was in open enrollment, and while GEHA was a good plan, my total out of pocket expense was a bit less with BCBS so I switched.[/quote']

Thanks for the info. My husband has several tier3 meds so we needed the mail order option. Do u know what your total out of pocket will be for your WLS?

God bless all who are going in today....still in a lot of pain' date=' just wanted you to know I'm thinking of you...hugs I'm sorry I haven't been on...I am really struggling. Love to all

Kat[/quote']

Hugs and prayers to you Kat. You and i had surgery the same day.

Hugs and prayers to you Kat. You and i had surgery the same day.

How are you doing misty?

Dream in color....my surgery was on the 6th

I hope everyone had an easier time than me....I had to have a hernia repair done so I have 6 Lap incisions. Lots of nausea and I am having a hard time getting fluids Proteins and Vitamins....I feel overwhelmed and frustrated., three small swallows of anything even Water and I feel like it is stuck in my esophagus..... Hugs and prayers for you all. I know everyone else will go smooth sailing.

And officially on the losers bench. All went well, a lot of adhesions to clear out and SURPRISE had a hiatal hernia that got repaired as well (no one knew I even had a hiatal hernia!!) Hitting my morphine pump on a regular basis, would kill for ice chips right now (10:00 tomorrow morning I get ice chips).

Will be heading out to walk for the first time in just a few minutes. I did end up with a JP drain and my catheter is still in. All in all doing much better than expected on night ....so happy to be done with it!!!

And officially on the losers bench. All went well' date=' a lot of adhesions to clear out and SURPRISE had a hiatal hernia that got repaired as well (no one knew I even had a hiatal hernia!!) Hitting my morphine pump on a regular basis, would kill for ice chips right now (10:00 tomorrow morning I get ice chips).

Will be heading out to walk for the first time in just a few minutes. I did end up with a JP drain and my catheter is still in. All in all doing much better than expected on night ....so happy to be done with it!!![/quote']

Great news! So glad to hear!

And officially on the losers bench. All went well' date=' a lot of adhesions to clear out and SURPRISE had a hiatal hernia that got repaired as well (no one knew I even had a hiatal hernia!!) Hitting my morphine pump on a regular basis, would kill for ice chips right now (10:00 tomorrow morning I get ice chips).

Will be heading out to walk for the first time in just a few minutes. I did end up with a JP drain and my catheter is still in. All in all doing much better than expected on night ....so happy to be done with it!!![/quote']

Hi soccermomma73 Glad to hear your on the other side of all of this now (losing side). I hope you get your JP out on discharge as I did.

I had my surgery on the 6th and same a you lots of adhesions due to the band they had to do alot of separation. Luckily no hernia or gallbladder removal.

Watch for your first bowel movement let me know if you dumped alot of old dark blood....I came home friday and my first time i released a full toilet of old blood scared the &*^*^*^*^* out of me my hubby called my surgeon as nobody said a word on discharge that this could happen! I am still dumping out some but less and less everyday.

can t seem to get 64 oz of Water in with all small sips and cant drink until 45 minutes after eat....protein drinks in between meals at least counts too. keep us posted

How are you doing misty?

I hope everyone had an easier time than me....I had to have a hernia repair done so I have 6 Lap incisions. Lots of nausea and I am having a hard time getting fluids Proteins and Vitamins....I feel overwhelmed and frustrated.' date=' three small swallows of anything even Water and I feel like it is stuck in my esophagus..... Hugs and prayers for you all. I know everyone else will go smooth sailing.[/quote']

OMG Kat77 is this you that is having the problems with fluids? You did have a hernia?

Thoughts to everyone in this process! Hang in there! No one said it would be easy, but i guess if we are being honest, the lives we live now aren't that easy either, we can do it!

And officially on the losers bench. All went well, a lot of adhesions to clear out and SURPRISE had a hiatal hernia that got repaired as well (no one knew I even had a hiatal hernia!!) Hitting my morphine pump on a regular basis, would kill for ice chips right now (10:00 tomorrow morning I get ice chips).

Will be heading out to walk for the first time in just a few minutes. I did end up with a JP drain and my catheter is still in. All in all doing much better than expected on night ....so happy to be done with it!!!

Glad to hear everything went well!

Finally got the date...February 28th

...how do I know if I have to be on a liquid diet for two weeks

My guess is your surgeon's office would have told you this if they required it. I would just call in the morning and ask to put my mind at ease. :)

How are you doing misty?

I hope everyone had an easier time than me....I had to have a hernia repair done so I have 6 Lap incisions. Lots of nausea and I am having a hard time getting fluids Proteins and Vitamins....I feel overwhelmed and frustrated.' date=' three small swallows of anything even Water and I feel like it is stuck in my esophagus..... Hugs and prayers for you all. I know everyone else will go smooth sailing.[/quote']

Kat, have they given you any anti-nausea meds? That's such a yucky feeling. Hope you feel better soon!

Surgery was a success! Can't believe I'm finally on the other side. The pain is pretty bad, I've been up all night trying to get it under control.

Sent from my iPhone using RNYTalk

Surgery was a success! Can't believe I'm finally on the other side. The pain is pretty bad' date=' I've been up all night trying to get it under control.

Sent from my iPhone using RNYTalk[/quote']

Morphine good!!!!