Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Fabulous February!

Good luck everyone having surgery tomorrow!! Wish you all a speedy recovery. :D

February 20th in Virginia. I also did not have to wait. I am curious what factors play into the quick decisions v. several appeals. My blood work came back great' date=' my heart is wonderful (in fact I just had a surgery un-related and I did great). Other than the obvious BMI of 41 and having never been overweight before having kids, I have a joint issue (too many sports over the years--knees) and was diagnosed with cancer that was recently surgically removed. I had the surgery the day after Christmas (hysterectomy) and was up and running a few days later. Obesity is one of many causes related to cancer. I had already begun researching WLS before I found out about the cancer so when I found out obesity contributes to it, I was no longer on the fence about doing WLS. My insurance pre approval was submitted on 1/22 and approved on 1/24. But I read about people who have more serious circumstances than I and its awful to hear how many times or how long people have to wait to get approval. I have BCBS with the Federal Government. I wonder if some delay is related to which insurance someone has or if joint and cancer were enough to be approved so quickly. Thoughts?

10 days to go![/quote']

If dr summaries were submitted suspecting a link between the two and possible reoccurrence then it would strongly be pushed in your favor. My neuro condition and fibromyalgia were part of my documentation. The only thing that held mine up was a miscommunication Btwn Cigna and dr office re nutrition consult. They gave us a pass on that and it was approved immediately.

Okay now that I think I'm going to live....I woke up just after midnight last night throwing up my toenails.....spent the morning sleeping or clinging to the toilet for dear life. In between those 2 activities I was bawling because I knew if this didn't pass they'd cancel me for tomorrow!!!! I'm now 7 hours vomit free and drinking Water an a little juice like a crazy woman trying to rehydrate myself and make sure my electrolytes are okay for tomorrow.....think it's all going to be okay now but ROUGH MORNING!!!!! BUT it did make for the easiest day of clear liquid diet ever :)

Okay now that I think I'm going to live....I woke up just after midnight last night throwing up my toenails.....spent the morning sleeping or clinging to the toilet for dear life. In between those 2 activities I was bawling because I knew if this didn't pass they'd cancel me for tomorrow!!!! I'm now 7 hours vomit free and drinking Water an a little juice like a crazy woman trying to rehydrate myself and make sure my electrolytes are okay for tomorrow.....think it's all going to be okay now but ROUGH MORNING!!!!! BUT it did make for the easiest day of clear liquid diet ever :)

Do u have any idea why it happened? This diet even w one small healthy meal is making me too weak, insomnia then oversleeping then wake up and eat a little and sleep again. I constantly feel dehydrated. I was told my shake acts as a diuretic and when I reminded them that my neuro medicine for Fluid is a diuretic and I was concerned they never addressed it. I don't know.

Do u have any idea why it happened? This diet even w one small healthy meal is making me too weak' date=' insomnia then oversleeping then wake up and eat a little and sleep again. I constantly feel dehydrated. I was told my shake acts as a diuretic and when I reminded them that my neuro medicine for Fluid is a diuretic and I was concerned they never addressed it. I don't know.[/quote']

I'm a family practice physician assistant...I had at least a dozen patients late this week that had a GI virus.....I washed up like a crazy lady but I think they got me. With the whole starvation diet our immune systems are not what they should be so just more susceptible to catching stuff. I've been on tamiflu or 10 days trying to keep from

Catching the flu, that stuff is rampant out here!!!...the chills are gone, I'm keeping down Water, Jello, and diluted juice, and the headache seems to have passed as well....I THINK I'm home free....

I'm a family practice physician assistant...I had at least a dozen patients late this week that had a GI virus.....I washed up like a crazy lady but I think they got me. With the whole starvation diet our immune systems are not what they should be so just more susceptible to catching stuff. I've been on tamiflu or 10 days trying to keep from

Catching the flu' date=' that stuff is rampant out here!!!...the chills are gone, I'm keeping down Water, Jello, and diluted juice, and the headache seems to have passed as well....I THINK I'm home free....[/quote']

I work in a psych ward. I had a sinusitis infection a week and a half before. I wore a mask for my last week and washed my hands like lady Macbeth.

Good luck to the lucky few tomorrow. I'll be thinking and praying for you all!

Good luck to the lucky few tomorrow. I'll be thinking and praying for you all!

Lucky is right. I feel so blessed my time has finally come! Remind me of that tomorrow night :D

HW 312, pre-op (lap-band) 294, pre-op (RNY) 255, surgery date 2/11/13, goal weight 154, current weight 241.6

Lucky is right. I feel so blessed my time has finally come! Remind me of that tomorrow night :D

HW 312' date=' pre-op (lap-band) 294, pre-op (RNY) 255, surgery date 2/11/13, goal weight 154, current weight 241.6[/quote']

Yes it is a blessing. I hope to join you on the 26th. With how out of it I mentioned I am feeling, I lump it together with the past year and a half of health failing and begin to feel like I am never going to stop having these issues.

Good Luck to everyone tomorrow there's someone special watching over all of you and you dr and nurses Waiting to hear how everyone's doing in a few days ill be joining you on Thursday that's my day Good Luck and God Bless all of you

I'll see you all on the other side! I will update when I can, SoccerMomma, I'm glad you're feeling better. It's finally here!

Sent from my iPhone using RNYTalk

Terrible news.... I have an infection in my gums that has grown into a golfball size so I highly doubt they will let me have my surgery on Tuesday.... I am beyond devastated...... I am going to call the doctor tomorrow and see about rescheduling. One of the doctors is going on vacation and they aren't doing anyone for 2 weeks while he is away. I can't even believe this is happening....