Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just got the statement!

So just got the itemized statement for my procedure on 10/17. I had RNY with the da Vinci robotic surgical system. Stayed in the hospital for 4 days.

$57,746!!!!

My insurance covered all but the $275 copay for my inpatient procedure and $25 for the nutritionist.

Crazy bill!

wow wow that is a bunch of money so glad you part was so small.

Amazing. My first surgery was 50k. Not sure about the second.

Crazy huh??? I think mine was something like 50K but what the ins. acutally pays is less than half. Who cares....let them work it out as long as you don't have to pay - LOL :)

Mine was 20,000 my ins cover it all but I pay 175 nutrionist & the nut

Mine was $27,700 and 35 to dietician and psych

Insurance paid everything but my $400 copay to the hospital and the $35 for other visits

my insurance paid every penny of surgery and NUT and psych evaluation. only 100 deductible that was paid in January and no co pays.

I saw my bill online today. It was $60,000+ and all I will have to pay is $9 for "room & board".

My surgery was Dec 3' date=' 2012 & I just got my bill statement today and my total bill was 98,019.49 yeah it sucks thank god for insurance[/quote']

Holy moly

Got my bill the other day..57,099.26. Thank The Lord for insurance even if did have to get a medical loan for my 15%, that they told me about at last minute.

Holy moly

Yeah that was due to my extra time in the operating room it went from a 1.5 hr surgery to a 7.5 hr surgery because of my complication and also I was in ICU which was $4500.00 a day then a regular room for $1300.00 a day so in all I stayed 8 days plus everything else yeah its really expensive

Yeah that was due to my extra time in the operating room it went from a 1.5 hr surgery to a 7.5 hr surgery because of my complication and also I was in ICU which was 4500.00 a day then a regular room for 1300.00 a day so in all I stayed 8 days plus everything else yeah its really expensive

Oh ok I was like its like winning the lottery. Now it sounds better but damn staying in extra days really add a lot if money.

Oh ok I was like its like winning the lottery. Now it sounds better but damn staying in extra days really add a lot if money.

Just think of the swanky resort we could stay at for that amount of money...