Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2012 Post Op Group

Tummy grumbles or bored eating? I've been "bored eating" lately so thought I might ask. If its grumbles' date=' might be time to add in a few more healthy calories...otherwise, a hobby like playing cards, crochet, reading, etc.? I have to keep my hands busy when I get like that. Good luck!! :)[/quote']

Thanks. Maybe bored eating

I've had the bored eating the last couple of days. I had been reading a lot lately but last couple days not as much. I need to pic up the book again.

Gen :-) 12/15/12

I've gotten into Halloween candy. Not like me at all. This has got to stop! I didn't buy the candy! Trick or treat at campground this past weekend. I've got to make it through holidays without losing all control. :)

I'm doing the same crap. Even worse, not logging my food. Trying to get back on track, it's the night time eating/snacking that gets me. I crochet but I can't do it all night long. I hate that I like so many different things. Can't wait until Halloween is over. Wouldn't hurt if I could get my hubby to be more supportive and less of an enabler. He knows better too, he's had the same surgery.

I am having the same trouble! I am happy with the weight I am now. I know a lot want to get smaller than me but for my build I look healthy instead of looking so boney and sick looking. So I'm scared to get any smaller. Also I never liked coffee before surgery and now I find myself dreaming of caramel frappes from mcdonalds! I'm going crazy right now

Hw 256 sw 233 dos 12/11/12 cw 142

Would have loved for my taste buds to change after surgery. Wish I was one if those that came out hating or dumping with all sweets. Wasn't in the cards for me so I have to be extra careful and stay clear of old habits.

This time of year really sucks when you're trying to lose or even just maintain a weight loss. Knowing what "needs" to be done is completely different from following through. They weren't kidding when they said this is only a tool and you have to use it to your advantage. It's not easy, the weight doesn't simply "fall" off once you have the surgery like a lot if people think. Its a lot of hard work and determination. There are so many bad choices out there-you can't just put on blinders, and even if you did it wouldn't necessarily make you successful. Eeks, I think I need a 12 step program for people who need help eating clean, high Protein foods, drinking Water and exercising.

I had two pieces of candy last night and will never do that again....face got flushed, sweaty, cramps and I couldn't puke. It was so bad for a few hours.. I had a twix bar and a package of smarties. Never again! I hope that everyone resists the candy as it is hard having to see it everywhere!

I had two pieces of candy last night and will never do that again....face got flushed' date=' sweaty, cramps and I couldn't puke. It was so bad for a few hours.. I had a twix bar and a package of smarties. Never again! I hope that everyone resists the candy as it is hard having to see it everywhere![/quote']

I wish I got sick on candy! Eating way too much. :( this has got to stop. So bad!!!

This time of year is going to be so trying for all of us! candy does not make me sick either :( I have totally 'tried' foods I would normally never eat! We are almost at our one year surgiversaries!!! That is what I am using as my inspiration to try to avoid those 'bad' foods and keep pushing forward :) Good luck to all of us during the holiday season!!!!

It doesn't make me sick either. Well actually I can't say that, sometimes it's hit n miss. Sometimes I'll have a caramel or other small piece of candy and it makes me nauseous. I don't get chocolate cravings anymore and I stay away from it. I am maintaining fairly well though. Still at 126. I went to 130 and 4 lbs fell off within a week. Trying to stay right at current weight. I am very happy with the surgery. No regrets whatsoever. I would do it all over again if I had to, very thankful. I like others am worried about the next couple of months, the holidays.

Gen :-) 12/15/12

I've got my anniversary on the eighteenth December. I have lost thirty kilograms. I'm more than happy with the surgery though I had vice strictures at first and that had me petrified for some time. I'm eating more than before, but trying to use salads and fruit salads as my main good intake now. I have fifteen kilos to go ns I'm giving myself all of next year to do that.

Hi everybody... Been way too long since I posted... I'm doing well... Hit my goal weight of 165 in early October... Have since lost 5 more and held there for a month... Total loss 215 lbs feeling wonderful living everyday loving life and my family... Hope everyone is doing well as we all near our Bari-versaries... My surgery group has asked me to do a billboard and my photo shoot is next tues the 12th I'm excited

What a difference a year makes

I got nervous didn't know RNYTALK had changed their name to bariatricpal. Thought I had lost y'all.

Hello y'all glad everyone is doing well