Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2012 Post Op Group

Hi everyone' date=' let me first start by saying You folks are amazing!!! Y'all all have done so well. So proud of you all and the accomplishments you all have done. Even with the stress and problems you have had in your personal lives you didn't get discouraged and you came through this life change amazingly .

Now I am not looking for sympathy or anything like that. More of a good swift kick in the ass. I know when we all started our journey in December some of us had high weights, I was 307 day of surgery 287. I have been a slow loser which has been fine. But I am having problems with the pouch . It just doesn't seem to get full. So far my lowest has been 230. Today I weighed in at 246. I am so pissed at myself. I don't eat potatoes. I think I have 3 times since surgery but have cut them completely out.

I drink alot of Water and sugar free tea or I use alot of the water enhancers that they have and they are sugar free. I do drink a small dt dr pepper about every 2 weeks like from sonic so it's not canned soda. But I know it's bad. I eat some fruits with fat free cool whip not alot but use it for a dessert type thing. I eat veggies alot. I hardly eat much bread at all. Do I get my Protein in? Not like I should. I do try to drink a Protein Drink once a day. Atkins or ensure. I eat Protein Bars too. I eat natural almonds. Not so much anymore. I don't eat foods that have creamy sauces on them never really liked them. I think alot of it is not watching my carbs. I just can't seem to balance it out. I hate to cook. Some days I think I do ok then dammit I snack constantly. I want my stomach to go STOP freaking eating!!!!!!

But it isn't happening. I have heard that if you go to the herbal store and get chia seed and sprinkle on your foods that it helps your stomach to get full faster. Has anyone tried that? I move so much more now. I make my house cleaning fun by dancing with my broom or mop or just dance around I really enjoy it. I have been spring cleaning this week. And I sleep alot. My days and nights ate flipped backwards sometimes I don't go to sleep till 5 am and get up between 1 and 2 . Not working right now.

So I know I get my sleep in. I usually don't eat pass 9 pm. I have only a few times with maybe a Protein Bar or some type of fruit or maybe cheese crackers from lance we call them nabs.

What do y'all do.? Besides exercising like fiends what do you have for Breakfast, lunch, dinner, Snacks, I have to get back on track. When you have caught yourself gaining what did you do to get back on track. Y'all are all I have. I can't talk to anyone about this at all but you folks. We all started this journey together in December 2012.

I just need some serious help. I don't want to see that fat woman again. Besides I am going on a cruise in November I have got to try and get alot more closer to my goal of 170. Do I have to eat? Can I survive on just Protein Shakes and protein bars Meal Replacements? Please advice.

I am 56, I am 5'8 my goal is to get to 170. I need to lose 60 more lbs. yea I know it's better then 130 like it was.

Maybe I chew to slow. No I don't drink when I eat. But I do sip 10 mins after I eat.

Any advice, thanks y'all.

Janice[/quote']

Every one is different. I have to eat every four hours. It works for me. I don't drink anything till thirty minutes after eating. I try to walk every day. Don't exercise as I should!

Thanks Shaunda,

I got me some chia seed powder that you sprinkle on yogurt Or any food. Had a good time at the herbal shop. Got some melatonin to so that i can sleep better hope it works. Bought several jack link Jerky. And some extra gum. Polar ice and spearmint.

Today was a good day, i got my area set up at the salon i will be working at. I am a nail tech have one more test to take to get my license so excited. I will start work Aug 6th.

I am also going to have permanent eye liner tattoo on my eyes. I hate that when i put on eyeliner i have to pull my eye. I dont have many wrinkles because i have always taken good care of my skin. My aunt talked me into it so i said why not. Lol. We will see how it goes.

Thanks again for all your great advice and tips!

Wow gratz on getting to those goals. I must have been the heaviest in the group. Most all of you are in the 100s now i still have 40 lbs to go. When i read all of yours progress i wonder if i am doing it. But when i put on my old clothes i know i have lost alot. I do wear size 22 and or 2X pants' date=' jeggings. I used to be 28 and 4 or 5 X . Also shirts where 4 or 5 X or 28. Now down to 2 X

I dont like anything tight on me because i do have a rolely tummy. Lol last to lose from.

I havent given up thats for sure.

Thanks for the encouragement[/quote']

Not sure about the stats for everyone else-but it sounds like you've done great! You ARE doing it!

Not sure about the stats for everyone else-but it sounds like you've done great! You ARE doing it!

Thank you. I guess we all do get stalls. Some of us are faster losers guess that's metabolism I am trying to rev mine up.

This month long stall might kill me. :(

I had a month long one too. It will pass. :)

I had a month long one too. It will pass. :)

Nah, it'll get better.

Really freaking out!!! I am down to 160lbs and have been here for over 1 month! I have went down in inches but still stressing over it not going down in numbers! Will this ever stop!

Hw 256 sw 233 dos 12/11/12 cw 160 pg 135 drg 120

Really freaking out!!! I am down to 160lbs and have been here for over 1 month! I have went down in inches but still stressing over it not going down in numbers! Will this ever stop!

Hw 256 sw 233 dos 12/11/12 cw 160 pg 135 drg 120

I had a one month stall as well-focus on the inches and how you feel. It will help you get through until the weight shifts. You're doing awesome! :)

You are all so inspirational! I dropped the balls ages ago, have lost twenty five kilos, about fifty five to sixty pounds. Feel pretty good, only want to lose about fifteen kilos more. (thirty five to forty pounds).

Does anyone else still struggle with head hunger or thirst verses real hunger? Pretty sure I've stretched my pouch, but I'm not gaining so I'm happy for now, but would like better control on intake at times.

I have had times where I've had dumping syndrome, very few, as they take too long to overcome to be honest, so I avoid them like the plague! Struggle big time with bread so don't eat it, have had a little success with burrito wraps or mountain bread, lots of salad and a bit of chicken or ham. Once a week is enough for me and my craving for bread is dealt with with that.

On the whole am very happy with the bypass surgery, verses lap band which I had first, and it almost killed me after eight years, causing so many problems I was virtually forced into the bypass, I was terrified, but I am so very very grateful now. My life is better, I'm healthier, happier, I wear a size sixteen to eighteen Australian sizing, I have a lot of excess skin which I'm looking into having it surgically removed from my belly to be honest, it just hangs there and no amount of dieting will remove it or make it go away, and I'm sure many of us are the same? I'd like to tighten up other areas, but on the whole, have the tummy apron removed will make me feel very happy.

Something else that makes me feel very happy? Seriously? Knowing you are there for me to contact should I have a question. Or I just need to share a victory, or just need to know someone is listening. I know most of you are in America, and I am in Australia but we have all started this journey together, at the same time. We have all struggled with weight issues, with the bypass surgery, some have blitzed it afte the surgery, or some were like me and had five or more surgeries or more to correct closures and needed stretches done to reopen them, you have all been there for me, and I'm thankful for that. I'm thankful for each and every one of you, for the support you offer to me, the joy you share with me too, and when I struggle, you listen and offer ways to overcome. I'm very thankful you guys are there at the end of the forums and answer my needs and questions. I have lots to be thankful for.

Hey guys so sorry it's been so long since I posted... I'm doing great I've never felt this good in my life... I've lost 192lbs... I started at 376 and I am currently 183... I bike 25-30 miles at a time 3-4x a week because I LOVE it... My job (I own a feed store) is sooooo much easier now... I can deliver twice as much in a day... My marriage is stronger than ever... I'm a better father to my daughter than I've ever been... I've never been this happy in my life... I hope all the December peeps are doing as well as me... Had my 6 month dr appt last week and he called me a poster child for the desired results from this surgery... Don't want to brag but if anyone is struggling remember follow the rules and work hard everyday and you can be exactly where you want to be....

post-27432-13813812653481_thumb.jpg

You are all so inspirational! I dropped the balls ages ago' date=' have lost twenty five kilos, about fifty five to sixty pounds. Feel pretty good, only want to lose about fifteen kilos more. (thirty five to forty pounds).

Does anyone else still struggle with head hunger or thirst verses real hunger? Pretty sure I've stretched my pouch, but I'm not gaining so I'm happy for now, but would like better control on intake at times.

I have had times where I've had dumping syndrome, very few, as they take too long to overcome to be honest, so I avoid them like the plague! Struggle big time with bread so don't eat it, have had a little success with burrito wraps or mountain bread, lots of salad and a bit of chicken or ham. Once a week is enough for me and my craving for bread is dealt with with that.

On the whole am very happy with the bypass surgery, verses lap band which I had first, and it almost killed me after eight years, causing so many problems I was virtually forced into the bypass, I was terrified, but I am so very very grateful now. My life is better, I'm healthier, happier, I wear a size sixteen to eighteen Australian sizing, I have a lot of excess skin which I'm looking into having it surgically removed from my belly to be honest, it just hangs there and no amount of dieting will remove it or make it go away, and I'm sure many of us are the same? I'd like to tighten up other areas, but on the whole, have the tummy apron removed will make me feel very happy.

Something else that makes me feel very happy? Seriously? Knowing you are there for me to contact should I have a question. Or I just need to share a victory, or just need to know someone is listening. I know most of you are in America, and I am in Australia but we have all started this journey together, at the same time. We have all struggled with weight issues, with the bypass surgery, some have blitzed it afte the surgery, or some were like me and had five or more surgeries or more to correct closures and needed stretches done to reopen them, you have all been there for me, and I'm thankful for that. I'm thankful for each and every one of you, for the support you offer to me, the joy you share with me too, and when I struggle, you listen and offer ways to overcome. I'm very thankful you guys are there at the end of the forums and answer my needs and questions. I have lots to be thankful for.[/quote']

Great work! I struggle with head hunger a lot. The flavored gum helps me as well as doodling in a sketch book. I have been writing my feelings down and it has made me feel better. Congrats!