Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2012 Post Op Group

So no weight loss in a few days now, bummed! I think I need to up my excerise maybe? The day of surgery I was 269, so I have lost a good 22 pounds, but I am 5.5 weeks now, I just want it all off, lol. I am excited to start regular foods on Monday! Not sure what I will eat, lol. Maybe something crunchy that has some Protein. I miss the crunch...Any ideas?

Praying for you, Gen.

So no weight loss in a few days now' date=' bummed! I think I need to up my excerise maybe? The day of surgery I was 269, so I have lost a good 22 pounds, but I am 5.5 weeks now, I just want it all off, lol. I am excited to start regular foods on Monday! Not sure what I will eat, lol. Maybe something crunchy that has some Protein. I miss the crunch...Any ideas?[/quote']

I tried kashi zesty salsa pita crisps. Yum!

DOS 12/17/12

This is a great list! I'm exactly a week out but still on liquids for another week. Doing my best to get creative at this stage' date=' and really looking forward to the next one, lol.[/quote']

I could have cream of ________ Soups strained.

That helped me a lot! Cream of mushroom my favorite!

DOS 12/17/12

Today is my first day back at work. As the day goes on' date=' I am starting to get really tired and my belly is getting sore. I hope things are better tomorrow!![/quote']

I went back last week and it was exhausting! I went to bed so early every night and felt really tired during the day because I was used to resting. It gets better though. This week has been good and it feels like I'm back in the swing of things and able to plan my meals well.

Hey guys I know it's been awhile sorry... I have been really sick in and out of the hospital plus I have my surgery in the morning I am having a feeding tube put in along with my picc line that I have had for awhile please say a prayer for me

praying for you so much. Dear God we ask that you put your healing hand on our dear friend. Please let the work the doctors are doing bring her to good health. Please give her strength and comfort and healing. In Jesus name we pray, AMEN

Hey guys I know it's been awhile sorry... I have been really sick in and out of the hospital plus I have my surgery in the morning I am having a feeding tube put in along with my picc line that I have had for awhile please say a prayer for me

I have been sick a lot too. What are you going through now? I just want to see if its the same or about the same as me

So sorry your having this trouble. I will be praying for you.

Good luck. You are in my prayers. I hope you get well soon.

Gen :-) 12/15/12

Nicole gave a very good list. My Dr and a lot of others only required a week or two' date=' our choice, with puréed foods. Thank heavens. Believe me 1 week and I was done w that.

It is good to see you over here Ash :-) I hope your recovering nicely :-)

If I didn't say it over on Jan list, welcome to the losers bench :-) Thank you for joining us here.

Gen :-) 12/15/12[/quote']

How long were u on the liquids after surgery? Im supposed to be for 2 weeks but I didn't feel like i was getting enough like that. So at a week I moved to pureed.... But ur right its awful! I cant wait to start soft foods... How long do you think if took u to get to soft?

I could have cream of ________ Soups strained.

That helped me a lot! Cream of mushroom my favorite!

DOS 12/17/12

Did you use a certain brand and what did you add to it, Water or milk?

I have been sick a lot too. What are you going through now? I just want to see if its the same or about the same as me

Praying for you both

praying for you so much. Dear God we ask that you put your healing hand on our dear friend. Please let the work the doctors are doing bring her to good health. Please give her strength and comfort and healing. In Jesus name we pray' date=' AMEN[/quote']

That was beautiful Vicki, I second that.

How long were u on the liquids after surgery? Im supposed to be for 2 weeks but I didn't feel like i was getting enough like that. So at a week I moved to pureed.... But ur right its awful! I cant wait to start soft foods... How long do you think if took u to get to soft?

I was on liquids 13 days post op. I stopped liquids the day before my post op appt. It didn't keep full at the end of it. Did 1 week of puréed and am on soft foods now. I am going to do 1 more week on soft then move to regular foods. That will be 2 weeks, 1week, 2 weeks. I could transition to regular diet but am nervous about it. My caloric intake on regular foods is between 800-1000. But I need to talk to my dietician. I have never ate 3 meals a day and just can't do it. My normal diet was a homemade fruit smoothie in the morn, snack (suck as almonds and yogurt for lunch), then a dinner. I've been trying 3 meals but it fills me up so much I haven't been getting liquids in :-(

Gen :-) 12/15/12