Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Rochester New York Anyone?

I'm in Rochester. Dec 4th is my date at Roch Gen.

Sent from my iPad using RNYTalk

May God bless u tomorrow during and after ur surgery

I'm in Rochester. Dec 4th is my date at Roch Gen.

May God keep u during and after ur surgery

Jp, I hope everything went well with your surgery! Each day gets easier....remember your new life started today! Enjoy your journey!

Thanks...

I'm out and feeling great.

Sent from my iPhone using RNYTalk

Woot woot awesome ! Glad all is well

Hi everyone -

I'm from Rochester, too. I'm scheduled w. Dr. O'Malley on 12/17. I had my pre-op today. I guess it's really going to happen. To say I'm nervous would be an understatement. I'm not so worried about the surgery. I've had a few "open" surgeries, so laparscopic seems lke a walk in the park. I'm most worried about things like - what if I don't Ifeel well for the rest of my life, what if you have to vomit and your at work in a meeting, what if you get that horrible smelly gas and your at work in a meeting, or you dump while you're at work. I havent told anyone at work. Actually, Ive only told hubby and children and sister who is physians assistant. I'll probably tell my boss tomorrow. How about you guys? did you tell people? What did you find most challenging when you first got home from the hospital? What did you do to prepare? What didn't you do or have that you wish you did? I'm counting on you to help me prep :) Today I bought Protein powder from the Highland Hosp pharmacy and some Vitamins. These items are at least a few dollars cheaper there and the Protein Powder you can only get online so it saved on shipping too.

JPR - I hope that you are still feeling well and are up and around!

Hi everyone -

I'm from Rochester' date=' too. I'm scheduled w. Dr. O'Malley on 12/17. I had my pre-op today. I guess it's really going to happen. To say I'm nervous would be an understatement. I'm not so worried about the surgery. I've had a few "open" surgeries, so laparscopic seems lke a walk in the park. I'm most worried about things like - what if I don't Ifeel well for the rest of my life, what if you have to vomit and your at work in a meeting, what if you get that horrible smelly gas and your at work in a meeting, or you dump while you're at work. I havent told anyone at work. Actually, Ive only told hubby and children and sister who is physians assistant. I'll probably tell my boss tomorrow. How about you guys? did you tell people? What did you find most challenging when you first got home from the hospital? What did you do to prepare? What didn't you do or have that you wish you did? I'm counting on you to help me prep :) Today I bought Protein powder from the Highland Hosp pharmacy and some Vitamins. These items are at least a few dollars cheaper there and the Protein Powder you can only get online so it saved on shipping too.

JPR - I hope that you are still feeling well and are up and around![/quote']

Hi Cindy,

I am two and a half weeks out and doing quite well I had Dr Johnson. I wish I had known that I was going to have drain in my side until I left the hospital not that it would have changed my mind but it wouldn't've been good.

I did tell my Co workers but work in a very understanding work environment. I am back to work already and I am quite tired by the end of the day but it is do able.

I found a Protein shake at Walmart that is 14 dollars for a big container they have a pennutbutter one that taste like Snickers. Helped me get through ths first two weeks. They were pretty rough only because you are afraid to drink to fast or to much. You don't feel all that different once you get out you can't feel your stomach smaller so that is weird. If you follow the diet they give you you will be fine. I had the runs for the first week and half the after that I was fine. I think that covers most your questions. Over all I would do it all over again I have lost 19 pounds in two weeks and am down two pains sizes. My energy level has gone up and I am looking forward what the future holds.

I feel great and will be discharged today. I could have left yesterday and I should have, but felt more comfortable just to have stayed the extra day.

Another interesting thing was l never experienced any pain after the surgery. Just excited to start my new life.

Glad you are doing well jp !

I told my close friends, people at work and of course immediate family. I received 100% support and prayers.

Last day of this clear liquid nonsense and to some Protein. Hopefully these carnation Breakfast drinks a good. Still have to incorporate some Clear liquids.

Yeah it is hard to get all the clears in gets better after few weeks. Do you go on to puree? My favored puree meal is 1/4 cup puree chicken and 1/4 cup regatta warmed up with tad of butter buds and garlic yum. Anyway good luck with your next stage. How are you feeling ?

Not to sure about puréeing chicken. Looking at going tuna with hummus, cottage cheese, and some other things I'll talk over with my nutritionist.