Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November 2012 Members Post Op

I just can't do tuna...eeeeccckkk....i find that ground beef goes down better even than chicken...I'm not brave enough to try a boiled egg..they never used to go down very good before surgery...bananas and applesauce are a big nono for me to

I can't do chicken or eggs. Only have got sick once and it was from eggs. I too can do beef and fish, thank goodness.

Mine was 11/6/12 too!! Started at 218 and I'm 191ish now' date=' wish I was so much further along BUT wouldn't of lost even 5 without the surgery so I'll take it! I get down often but, there is no turning back so I might as well embrace it![/quote']

Yay... A surgery twin... Your right, I need to learn to taking the lost as a good thing.

I can't do beef. I can do chicken when it's really tender. I can so boiled egg only half of it. I'm still drinking the shakes even though I hate it. I need other options. I got sick off of a few things.

I can eat it all. But tuna and scrambled eggs just are not a favorite. I can keep them down but just feel weird. Like applesauce. I can eat it but don't like the feeling. Not worth it.

I stay away from the scale, and have only weighed when I was at the Dr's so that I wasn't hung up on the stupid numbers... I didn't do this for the numbers to go down, I did it to regain my health. The weight loss is just a nice benefit. I know that doing the work that I have to with eating and drinking as well as getting exercise, then I am doing what I need to do.

Had my first post op trip to golden corral tonight. I made good choices....no bread, Pasta or rice. No fried foods or sweets......so that left me with plenty of meat, vegetables and fruit. It was good but I ate too fast and ended up throwing up on the way home. Oh, and here's the kicker! They charged me the senior price of 9.99 and my hubby full price of 10.99....what kind of deal is that? I ate not even 1/4 of what he did......Smh! Anyway.....lesson learned....I'm sure that will be my last trip to the ol GC!

xo Hilary

Im so sorry you got sick!!

I have no problem paying full price in a restaurant if I can take it home and eat it later. A buffet would tick me off.

I have no problem paying full price in a restaurant if I can take it home and eat it later. A buffet would tick me off.

Thanks worm! Guess I just got overwhelmed with the amount of food that was available......

xo Hilary

Buffets would send me over deep end. I already can eat more than I would like. I wouldn't want to tempt that pouch of mine. It is already in a stall so keeping away from buffets and eating out in general for a bit.

Thanks worm! Guess I just got overwhelmed with the amount of food that was available......

xo Hilary

Thanks everybody. Looks like I am not the only one not losing what was expected. Everybody says they see a difference and I do too just not enough of one. I definitely wanted to be under 200 by now and am stuck between 205&207. It goes up and down between those weights. My calories are generally right around 400-600. I have no clue what my metabolism is I will have to ask my surgeon. I run a busy salon and even if I don't workout I burn 2500 calories in 6 hours at work. Per my polar. But I do workout. I play raquetball and burn 700-900 calories in 45 minutes. Plus other stuff at the gym. Maybe I will try going back to liquid diet too. Can't hurt I guess.

Increase your calories...with that exercise you should be at 800-1000.

When I bumped up to 800 calories I dropped four pounds. You have to shake it up or your body gets used to a number. I'm trying to stay under 700 for two days then ill jump back up. Seems to be working. I'm a slow loser so I have to do all I can. Good luck

This is the correct November 2012 group in the other november group name was spelt wrong in error so i created another with proper spelling of the groups name.

Welcome November members post op graduated group formed from November dates. This group is for members who have now had their surgery and in recovery and beyond. Just like our other group support is offered in a non judgemental group . Nothing is off limits rules are be respectful to each other and respect each others views as they may be different from your own. Support laugh compliment be straight forward and honest. If I have forgotten anything please add. Welcome everyone WhoopWhoop

Sent from my iPhone using RNYTalk

Qdfggfggydgbffffffffffyyuguyuggytfgft

When I bumped up to 800 calories I dropped four pounds. You have to shake it up or your body gets used to a number. I'm trying to stay under 700 for two days then ill jump back up. Seems to be working. I'm a slow loser so I have to do all I can. Good luck

I ate like crazy yesterday not intentional and woke up to a 2 pound lost. I had been in a stall for 4 weeks