Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November 2012 Members Post Op

My new Nordic Track ACT Elliptical gets delivered and assembled within the next hour and I am excited. Unfortunately I won't be able to use it til Sunday though since I dont see a Dr til then and I had open on 8/12 so I want to make sure I am ok to get on it. Also to everyone are you counting your Protein Shakes as part of your liquid requirements?

Yes, will be courting shakes as part of the liquid requirement. I don't start them until tomorrow. Glad to hear you're doing better.

Sent from my iPhone using RNYTalk

So how is everyone doing now that the month is over? I have lost 20 lbs. surgery date was November 20. I am on soft foods and doing good in general. My energy level is pretty good and I am going back to work soon.

That's great!

My doc said to count the Protein Shakes with the liquid for us newbies. My original surgery was the 19 and I'm down about 18 pounds. My body likes to hang on.

My doc said to count the Protein Shakes with the liquid for us newbies. My original surgery was the 19 and I'm down about 18 pounds. My body likes to hang on.

18lbs us good!

Hi guys!! How's everyone doing? I'm ok but getting nauseated all the time now. Need to up my Water intake. Averaging about 60 grams of Protein do that's not too bad.

Doing pretty good I am going into week four post op still get pretty tired quick. Went Christmas shopping yesterday and after two hours I was done. Also for some reason I can not sleep in past 530 I used to be able at least til seven. Anyone Walden having this.

I thought I was just losing it! Yes!!!! I cannot asleep past 5:30/6!

I usually fall asleep now around 9 and I'm up at 2. Sometimes fall back to sleep sometimes do homework sometimes go walking. But yeah,all of this post surgery! I thought it was just me.

I think it's important to note....Change of taste and sleeping patterns are known side effects of anesthesia. I have several several friends and family who, after being administered general anesthesia, developed insomnia requiring abien or other sleep aids, as well as certain once loved foods no longer tasting well. I would say that if it had just been 1 person saying this to me, I would have considered them a whiner and dismissed it, sorry I'm blunt, but with so many reiterating the same story, it must hold truth. A few of them have said the symptoms have resolved and they are able to sleep and eat "normally" again, however a few still deal with it, after 1+ years. Just thought I should share.

I've always been up at 5:30 now it's like 4:30 ugh! I put the dogs out then force myself back to bed. No real sleeping though...

Hi guys!! How's everyone doing? I'm ok but getting nauseated all the time now. Need to up my Water intake. Averaging about 60 grams of Protein do that's not too bad.

Heather. I'm so glad you mentioned this, I was getting concerned. I am too getting nauseous all the time. I have not vomited since surgery...but I do have diarrhea a lot (sorry TMI!) and sick to my stomach. My pouch is a picky little thing, I can't pin point what does it, only one I know for sure if sf pudding. I hope it passes soon...for all of us that have this problem.

My new Nordic Track ACT Elliptical gets delivered and assembled within the next hour and I am excited. Unfortunately I won't be able to use it til Sunday though since I dont see a Dr til then and I had open on 8/12 so I want to make sure I am ok to get on it. Also to everyone are you counting your Protein Shakes as part of your liquid requirements?

Nice

Haven't started the gym yet, just getting over a pulled hip and tummy muscle.... so now better hopefully treadmill time tomorrow. ... surgery was 11/28/12 gained 5 pounds After surgery, today 21.5 pounds down...yeah

It is so hard to get in my Protein. I can not do most Protein Drinks. I have tried powdered and caned. I like the boost calorie smart ones but they have only 16g of protein. I tried unflavored protein in food and it really makes me sick. I think about it and the smell. Ugh! I try to eat as much meats as I can and other protein stuff. Greek yogurt doesn't agree with me recently and I am afraid to eat string cheese after getting sick on my milk. I got a pure Protein Bar today and it has 30g of protein. The taste it good for me. Just taking small bites all day. I hope that helps me!

Stephanie