Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June Surgeries Updates!

Hey, I had my surgery June 7, 2012 and I was wondering how many of those that had your surgery during that month were still active in here and how you were all doing? Are you glad you did your surgery? what struggles have you had? Where are you today in your journey? etc

I am doing ok, I have passed the half-way mark and almost down 70 pounds now. I am at 192.4 and want to get to 145. I am starting to feel hunger once in awhile these days and it is weird. I still eat between 700-900 calories a day and I exercise daily of some form or the other. I strive to get in over 75g of Protein and have acheived that pretty much daily (with one or two days of not being able to), I am frustrated with the size of clothing I still have to wear. My body is holding on to the weight in my stomach, so my thighs and face etc look thinner and fit into smaller clothing but my stomach makes it so I am stuck wearing a bigger size. I just hope the bellyfat starts to go away more in proportion with the rest of my body soon!

My family is still supportive and we are getting out doing a bit more outside. I still want to be more active with them but currently most of my activity happens in the gym. Can't wait until the weather gets to be less than 100 and 90 so doing outside activities will be nicer. My husband still makes me my Protein shakes daily and likes trying to figure out ways to make them taste better, Ha-ha but no real luck yet.

I still shop at the thrift stores ever few weeks to get smaller or add to the size I still am stuck in. I enjoy that. I actually bought a pair of rock star jeans at Old Navy because I could get a pair of pants that fits my thighs for once (because the ones that fit my stomach flap in the breeze in the thigh area) even though they are a little snug in my stomach. I wear 18W and a fair amount of size 18. I could fit into a couple 16W but those are still iffy around the stomach. I love feeling good in the clothes I wear and will not go out in something I do not feel good in. That is a change for me, I did not care really before. Now I wear makeup before I go out and make sure I look the best in what I have available in my closet. I think all the compliments at work etc help in making me what to care about what I look like, whereas before even when I tried to look good, no one would notice or say anything.

I hard a really hard week last week, PMS I think, and was feeling sorry for myself and craving everything under the sun. I did not eat anything I craved but it was the worst time that way for me since the surgery. I was hating the idea of exercising even. I was feeling sorry for myself yet at the same time I knew I was grateful for the surgery otherwise I would have given in and cheated and given up, so another positive point to this surgery. I still live with the fear I won't meet my goals, or I will do something to mess this up, gain back the weight, etc.. All irrational fears to some exent but as I said it was a sucky week, and am so glad I am in a slightly better place today.

I would so do this surgery again in a heartbeat. The journey so far has been amazing, not all free of rocks or hills but doable and the rewards are better then the struggles so far. I now eat normal so to speak. I do not have to sip my Water, YAY!! and have no issues with getting in my water, that is super nice. I can eat anything healthy and am trying to expand what I eat, but doing that and getting in protein is still an issue. I need good high protein recipes that is not just a piece of baked protein. Overall I am happy with where I am and am looking forward to the next 4 months to see where I will be compared to today.

P.S. sorry this is so long!! I tend to be wordy LOL

I feel you. My SD was August 13th and I have lost 40 pounds and can wear a size 14, but my stomach is not moving that fast. I'll do some dot ups when I feel safe to do so.

Good luck to you and keep up the good work.

Glad to hear your doing good!!!! My SD was 6/5/12. Down 73 lbs. SW 306.6. Now 233.4 Stuck for the past week:( but trying not to be to hard on myself. Since I rarely excerise! I know I need to get into a routine. But work full time single parent who's kid is in sports it's hard to find the energy or time. I don't think i get all my liquid or Protein in. And started losing my hair about three weeks ago, it's not noticeable to others but is to me!!! I am still finding new clothes in my closet from the years past of my yo-yo dieting, so no real need to buy new yet. I'm glad to hear from someone else a few months out and knowing we are going through the same things! Good luck!!

My body is holding on to the weight in my stomach, so my thighs and face etc look thinner and fit into smaller clothing but my stomach makes it so I am stuck wearing a bigger size. I just hope the belly fat starts to go away more in proportion with the rest of my body soon!

I am having the same problem too, I Surgery was on 6/12 and I have now lost 61.5 pounds.

Now I wear makeup before I go out and make sure I look the best in what I have available in my closet. I think all the compliments at work etc help in making me what to care about what I look like, whereas before even when I tried to look good, no one would notice or say anything.

I NEVER wore make-up before, now I also put it on even just to run out to the store where no one knows me. I keep getting compliments everyday and I guess that is motivating me! It sounds like we were twins!

I know that the weight didn't go on overnight and that it will not come off overnight. I am off all my meds and I am not sleeping with my CPAP, although I am looking into getting an Auto PAP, starting to feel tired in the mornings again.

I had my surgery 6/22 I started at 289 and today I am 212 I am very happy with the results I love the new me I do need to buy some new clothes thow lol I feel great my only problem is I can't get more then 500 calories in a day and Protein I try sooooo hard to get it in. I go to the gym2 to 3 times a week I would like to get to 150 lbs

I had surgery 6/20 and I'm down 62 lb.

Prob would be more if I upped the exercise, but I'm good with slow and steady. Increasing protien helps me a lot. I'm the opposite of you..weight is coming off of my stomach, but thigh are still big. So far so good. :)

Surgery on June 4.

Started at 268.8

Now I'm. 196.8

Total loss. 72.0 pounds

Feeling good. I just get upset I cannot eat the quantity I use to. Not that I'm mad just frustrated.

Dizzy spells. Sciatica acting up.

But happy.

Wearing a 14. My stomach is going down my thunder thighs r still here. Lol

Surgery on 7/7

Start weight : 272

Current Weight : 210

I've lost 62 pounds and could not be happier! Sometimes I wish it was more but then I tell myself 62 pounds in 4 months is amazing. I can't remember the last time I weighed that much. My goal is 150 pounds. I'm working as hard as I can on the belly fat...it just doesn't want to leave! Haha Most of my weight came off in my upper body. My shoulders and waist are small but my lower belly just won't budge. I too have to wear 1 size bigger to accomodate the belly. I've started the Insanity program and I hope all this cardio blasts my belly! Good luck on the rest of your journey...we have long roads ahead of us!