Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November Dates

Wow I'm upset about 2 weeks,,,, but 40 days !? I think for me the worst part is cooking for my kid and hubby, not to mention I wok at a restaurant :( I would give anything to eat healthy minus the Protein Shakes. Are allowed veges? Good luck with the diet, I'm trying not to cheat,., it is hard ....

Have a great day,

I will try lol

Sent from my iPad using RNYTalk

Lol yeah, not cheating is hard.

I think my surgeon is testing me - the bastard. though its his job to make sure I am making the right decision for me (and not just for his bank account). I can eat as many "good" veges as I like. Have been snacking on Bok Choi... its interesting how the flavour changes the length of the leaf... I like the fleshy watery bits at the bottom better than the spicier green bits.

I'm lucky I dont have to be around food too often, and can keep it out of the house. Tonight I bagged up everything I couldnt eat (including a big bag of stuff in the freezer) to give away. The cans etc will go to the city mission, everything else is going to a friend. i find it really hard to see food going to waste!

At least the Optifast bars are ok. And the coffee shake (perfect breakfast!). I havent tried the Soup yet, as I only have the vege one and I'm a bit skeptical...

Lol yeah' date=' not cheating is hard.

I think my surgeon is testing me - the bastard. though its his job to make sure I am making the right decision for me (and not just for his bank account). I can eat as many "good" veges as I like. Have been snacking on Bok Choi... its interesting how the flavour changes the length of the leaf... I like the fleshy watery bits at the bottom better than the spicier green bits.

I'm lucky I dont have to be around food too often, and can keep it out of the house. Tonight I bagged up everything I couldnt eat (including a big bag of stuff in the freezer) to give away. The cans etc will go to the city mission, everything else is going to a friend. i find it really hard to see food going to waste!

At least the Optifast bars are ok. And the coffee shake (perfect breakfast!). I havent tried the Soup yet, as I only have the vege one and I'm a bit skeptical...[/quote']

I wish I could bag my food up too. I think if I didn't see it than it might be a little easier.... So you can have optifast soup? Let ,e know how it taste... I never ad bok Choi... Is it good and where can I find it lol. I just put milk in my coffee, I'm sorry I can't drink it black... I think your right your surgeon must be testing you! Look if u have to cheat don't do it the night before surgery , a good friend told me... Well I think that's obvious....

:) Maria

Bok Choi is an asian type of cabbage... kind of. it looks more like thick spinnich though. You usually lightly steam it or chuck it in a stir fry. Its really good, you should try it! Over here it just comes in the supermarket in the vege section, you might be able to get it from a super market, but I'm not sure how available it is in the UK.

I'll let you know how the vege Soup goes... I wish I could find the chicken, apparently that one is really yummy!

My date so November 13!! Getting RNY and so excited and nervous. I'm from the Atlanta area. I start my protien diet on the 30th. Here we gooooo!! :D

Hey Nycole, what part of Atlanta are you from and what hospital are you having your surgery? Im in Atlanta to and Im going to Emory John's Creek. Surgery is day after you on Nov 14.

Hello all of my November surgery family...I havent been on much the last week or so had to move and get settled in. Started a new schedule at work last week and had to register for my fall quarter at school, so I've been busy. Noticed we have some new November dates so Congrats on everyone on this journey...Only have a little time left before we start our countdowns. I know a few if you are starting your preop diets, how's that going. I just have day before liquid diet but dont really like that. I wanted to already be training myself so after surgery wont be such a huge shock to my body. If anyone has any suggestions pls let me know, doesnt have to be all liquid or anything just something to help me get mentally prepared. Since my insurance didnt require any supervised diet or anything I really havent changed how I eat so Im definitely open to any options...

HI Guys!! And Welcome all the new November folks!

Yes, I am still waiting for my approval. It has been over two weeks. I completely fell off the wagon this weekend. Stress eating and PMS are not a good combination. Plus, I feel defeated about all of this. What is taking so long?? All Aetna will tell me or my Dr. is pending. Sigh....

Anyway, tbooks, I am thinking the same way you have been. I have been trying to cut out sugar and white carbs. I have been heavy on the Protein and that has become second nature at this point. I am thinking of doing mainly liquid and protein/veggies one week out from surgery. I am hoping that will start the weight loss. Right now I have only lost about 6-7 pounds in over three months. Well, I guess that is why I am here. ;)

still sending you positive thoughts and crossing my fingers again. This is frustrating. Hopefully this is monday and new week and you will get good news

Worm we have not forgotten about you at all. We all be here hoping and praying you hear something soon and get a date. You know if I continue to keep my eyes crossed there going to stay like this forever since its been forever already. and the legs have been crossed and the hubby is upset at that one lol . Hope that put a smile on your face. It will come through soon keep the faith and stay positve and keep postive vibes around you. Next Im gonna have to do a dance of good luck and trust me that is not pretty. Hopful this is your week. Keep us posted as I know you do.

yay I got approved and was givin a date 11/13/2012 I'm super nervous and hope it all turns out great!!! Check me out on YouTube mexicanmami411 or Falicia Gomez :)

Falicia, ya!! We are do happy for you!!!

Crstal, thank you and yes that did make me smile. :-).

yay I got approved and was givin a date 11/13/2012 I'm super nervous and hope it all turns out great!!! Check me out on YouTube mexicanmami411 or Falicia Gomez :)

Congrats

Welcome falicia, i saw your YouTube videos, feel like. Know you... :)

I JUST GOT THE CALL!!! Happy dancing all the way home today from work and then in to the night! It only took Cigna 5 working days to approve me and surgeon's office just called. I have been officially approved and set my "new life" date for November 13th. Gotta start my two week, pre-op liquid diet this coming Tuesday, gotta go shopping LOL! Sooooo, happy and excited!

November members new list as of Oct 23 2012

Welcome FatfreeinNC & Falicia004 to November

Starrlov.................,November 2, 2012

Mommy327 Maria….. November 2, 2012

ahanson82520.………..November 5, 2012

crstalww ………………..November 6 2012

Honeydue29..................November 6 2012

Vicki Loichinger...............November 7 2012

eeyoregirl1970………….November 8, 2012

Marta..........................November8 2012

Seattlelyte.....................November 9 2012

worm2872…………….....??????

Aufan.............................November 12 2012

catgirl12…………………November 13,

FatfreeinNC.................Novemember 13, 2012

Falicia004.................November 13 2012

Tbooks........................November 14 2012

ladyspl………………….November 15, 2012

Leelerbeeler................ November 13 2012

Nycole........................November 13 2012

francesmcg……………November 26, 2012

Truth85.....................November 26 2012

Nicole K……..???????

Pwnykat......................November 30 2012

Congrats to all who was approved.

Worm, I hope you get approved soon.

Does anyone have a my fitness pal account or plan on getting one?