Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April 2006 Bandits' February Challenge

Hi Julie, I've been using ice and warm compresses for my left shoulder and neck. Not feeling up to any exercise other than cleaning out my drawers, washing clothes, and vacuuming. Thanks for checking on me. Now as for you...you are an amazing young woman with lots to offer. You'll know when your ready to get out there and meet someone special.

Roberta

Well, I had an "easy" workout of 60 min on the elliptical and 15 min walking on the treadmill this evening. I'm going to take a couple of more days off before I run again. The elliptical is fine for now. One month, I'm going to challenge myself to some swimming lessons, but not for the moment.

I'm going to sleep like a rock tonight, so off I go to it. Yall take care & stay warm.

Well girls I had another great date with this great guy, there has to be SOMETHING wrong with him, we ate a curry (thank god I didn't slime or pb or anything), i had been putting off eating in front of him but it had to happen sooner or later, we watched Talledega (sp?) nights, it wasnt very good, I got a snog (hehehe) and he brought me flowers, he is off to Melbourne now for two weeks:cry

Gosh girls I hope I dont muck this one up......!:phanvan

Amourette - OK I give - maybe I shouldn't ask - what is a snog? Sounds like fun - I hope!

Got my walk in today - about 3 miles....about an hour!

Roberta, hope you're feeling better soon...........just give yourself time to heal.

I wondered the same thing! I've got a fun idea, let's all guess what "snog" means!!!

My guess...hmm...kiss??

Going to the gym later tonight while I can watch "American Idol."

Hey Boo, I hope that's "only" what it means - ok - I'll guess hug! Ok Amourette - give us the truth!

I want to play! I guess it means "heated kiss" -- well Amourette?? Educate the Americans as to your playful banter! What does it mean?

I fell down a flight of concrete stairs today. (Darn 3 inch knee high boots!) I'm going to live, but I'm a little fearful for how I'm going to feel in the morning -- I'm afraid I might feel a little like I've been in a car wreck. I'm not too bad off, but I've been bruising so much lately. I'm a little worried that I might have a Vitamin deficiency from the weight loss. Or, hopefully, it's just the effects of having less padding. Is anyone else having this problem? (I'm going to the doc next week, so no worries).

I did make it to the gym. Couldn't run on the ankle after the fall, but the elliptical felt just fine. Hope your day was better than mine!

Julie - eek - please be careful with those stylish booties.............guess I should be happy I can't get my lovely old lady ankles in them! Hope you're not hurting too much in the morning. I'm the original klutz - I'm always falling down and Alan calls it my "dance step"................I think with all the weight loss - we're off balance.

:biggrin1: :) You guys are all so funny, you must have spent the day thinking I am a wanton woman or something hehe!!! A 'snog' means a kiss but not just a peck on the lips, a bit more amorous.....it was nice to be snogged for the first time in 3 (THREE!!!!!!) years.

Julie, sorry about your fall, hopefully you will be ok tomorrow. I love my boots as well, and am sure it is only a matter of time for me to fall in them also..........

I didn't exercise today but will do a run at the gym tomorrow. Have to start work at midnight tomorrow to do an all-night flight to Samoa and back, yuck!

Bye for now,

Don't do too much snogging everyone, hehehehe!!!:peace:

Ah, Julie...that is just terrible. Falling is just so traumatic. Just imagine what might have happened if you had fallen before being in such great shape. It is scary because I didn't even start wearing REAL heels until the holidays. Now I will be even more careful! I'm so sorry! Right after your big race, too! :)

At least you WON the "snog" contest!!! Or, shall I say AMOURETTE won that one?

:)

It is fun to tease with you...

LOTS OF SNOGS :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2: AND LOVE FOR EVERYBODY :love:

Life threw me another curve ball today. I think you all know from prior threads that I took a job at another firm (a lot more money and really cool travel) but that they let me have until May to start so that I could lose some more weight and have a TT before starting. Today, I found out that the entire practice group up and left the firm I committed to and joined a much larger and more prestigious firm. The larger firm has now extended me an offer. I'm not sure of the terms yet, but the money is sure to be insane. Unfortunately, there's no way I'll be guaranteed the balance of lifestyle and work that I was hoping for when I originally researched this practice group -- now that they're at the larger firm they'll have less control over that. I can definitely still stay at my current firm where I'm warm and happy (and can have the flexibility to take time off whenever I need it for PS in the future and could wait a little longer than May to truly get to goal before PS, which would be ideal).

I'm not really asking for advice (though I'll certainly take it) because I don't even really know my options yet -- just wanted to vent. Overall, it's probably a good development -- just a stressful one.

The caloric intake has held steady today, even during the stress and I'm looking forward to my time at the gym to have a release in a few hours.

Got to NIA today! Tomorrow going to a big luncheon - so no work out!

Julie - stress, stress. Just when life slows down, something always seems to come up! Hope you get a chance to think it through and I'm sure whatever decision you make will be the right one.

Today brought some stress into my life also - having a hard time even thinking about this, but my husband Alan had to go for an echocardiagram today because the Dr. last week did not like what he heard - Alan's had a heart mermur (sp?) for years and it seemed to sound worse. He had an echo a couple of years ago..............anyway the test showed that their was a larger problem and he's going in for more tests and in the worst case he might have to have a valve replacement (does this sound familiar - our son just went through this in November - of course he also had more problems).............just can't believe this might be happening.

Oh, Betty. I wish I were there to hold your hand. I know Alan's going to be fine, but it's scary and I'm sorry you're going through it. Hang in there until you get the test results. Maybe they'll decide it's been that degree for a longer time than they thought and surgery won't be necessary. I know I speak for all when I tell you we're thinking about you.

I got to the gym today for an hour on the elliptical. That's all my news....

Betty--as you know I have been in your exact shoes---and understand where you are at right now. Please know I will say an extra special prayer for both of you. And remember, as scary as him possibly having to have surgery is--at least they found it. Not knowing, and not fixing it could have had much more devastating results. I have Rick by my side, because they were able to operate on his mitral valve. And you have your son, so you know what the Dr.'s are capable of...hang on to your faith. ((((big giant hugs))))

Kat

Kat, look at that, you're at 203.5!!!! I can't wait for you to hit Onederland! So exciting.

Speaking of Onederland, I can't wait for Dawn's post. I know she's traveling this week, but I bet she's hit it.