Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April 2006 Bandits' February Challenge

Glad to hear that your all moved in Julie, you've got a lot going on all at once. Oh, to have that kind of stamina again......BTW...how is your body feeling since the fall?

Thanks for all the well wishes and invites over to this thread.. I am as I type this in my jammies ready for bed ... I have caugth the crud that my 3 year old has had for the last two weeks.. LOVELY!

THANKS AGAIN, I'll be back!

Julie, congrats on your decision! Now you can plan! Go for the surgery!!! It is exciting. And your work is all going to pay off in St. Barts. Last year I splurged on a gorgeous swimsuit and cover in Maui ($500...yikes). I knew I looked large, but felt glamorous walking around the hotel and pool. I'll never fit it again, but have no regrets. I know you are on the verge of a TT and will lose more, but splurge on a great suit! You have accomplished SO much. It will make the vacation even more glorious to show it all off.

I would LOVE to share my good fortune, but I can't on here. :mad: I don't want to go public with my surgery. I WILL send a private e-mail to anyone who is curious, though. My identity is not too private for our group, just too private for a public forum.

Amourette, sometime when you are in L.A. could I come and workout with you?? Wouldn't that be fun? I could come to your hotel, to make it easier on you. Or we could run on the beach.

THANK YOU, ALL, for your kind words about my husband. I realize that I AM in TOTAL denial!!

Happy Valentine's Day XOXO

I got in 4 miles on the tread today -- not too shabby because I got in 4 miles yesterday too. I'm hoping to break into the 00's before I leave for St. Barts on Saturday, so I'm getting in as much exercise as possible. I was on the cusp of 211-212 this morning, so it could happen.

Roberta, I'm feeling fine after my fall -- thanks for checking. I bruised something awful, but the pain is gone. I took 6 days off running to let my ankle heal and it's felt 100% the last 2 nights at the gym. Plus, I went to the doctor to have my PS bloodwork done and I don't have any Vitamin deficiencies, so the bruising must just be me being klutzy getting used to my new frame.

Tracy, welcome to our thread! We hope you'll join us in an exercise challenge in a few months. Until then, let us know what we can do to help you in any way through the next couple of months until you get your band. You're going to love it....

Boo, I hadn't thought of getting a nice swimsuit. I borrowed several from my Mom (who has I'm not kidding 200 suits -- she lives at the beach and is very "hip" and "young" for a Mom, so I like her things) that will tide me over. If I see the perfect thing, I promise to buy it and not care that it won't fit for long....

Go Julie...............have fun in St. Barts.........enjoy your new home.........I'm going to enjoy your PS as much as you do - oh, for a hard, young body!..............you lucky kid you! It's fun being a grammy and living through you young guys..........like doing it all over.

Alan and I are going to the Seattle Splash this week-end.........we can use a week-end away!

Boo, I'd love to hear about your new stuff with a private e-mail.......keep us posted about your hubby.

Got to the gym today to do my NIA class.

Hi all---

Late night here---has been a busy day, but very enjoyable.

Julie--glad you are in, and getting settled. I was sad for you that your Mom had to leave early, until I read that you will be together in a few days time for vacation. Good she got out while the going was good!

Boo--yes message me too!!! Curiosity killed the Kat........if I wasn't curious about it before, now I am!!! I did the same thing when I would go see my DD (they were stationed in Hawaii). I was big, but I would buy a suit I loved, and it gave me the confidence to wear it! They are no longer there, but DH and I are going on an island cruise--the end of august, so I plan on wearing swimsuits then, and not stressing!!!

Tracy--welcome to our beautiful bunch! Hope you feel better soon!!! With kids around it seems someone is Always sick!!! Feel better!

Amourette---hope you too are feeling much better, and ready to fly off on new adventures! Seen the "snogging" new boyfriend again???

Roberta--are you feeling any restriction? I see where you had no Fluid found, and they re-filled you---does it feel like it is in place? Did they say why they found none? I must have missed all this...of course I have slept since then!!!

Blue---what's going on with you? I can't scroll back any further to catch myself up, and my brain is mush tonight!!!

Which probably means I should go to bed. Not any real exercise today---eating sucked, I got sweets today---not all chocolate, but chocolate/toffee covered almonds and pecans---and I gorged! Will work it off tho---was a fun day.

DH is on a 4 day off stretch, not sure what is planned, don't worry about me if I go MIA---I kinda like my captor!!!

Kat

Sadly, Kat, my Mom won't be in St. Barts with me. My parents divorced when I was 3 and it's my Dad's family that's going to St. Barts. Don't worry though -- Mom comes to NYC about 6 times a year and already has a trip planned for May, so it's not too sad that she left early. Plus, I'll see her next month as she'll come help with my PS recovery.

Betty, have a great time at the Splash. Would you give us some details when you get back? I'm not sure if a bash is something I'd like to do or not. Your experience might help me decide! Big hug to Alan. By the way, even with "youth," I'm not going to have a hard body. My thighs are a mess. I can't believe I can't have them fixed at the same time. Dad says breasts, tummy and thighs is too much at once. I go back and forth about the breasts versus the thighs. Both are important, as I learned trying on swimsuits last night.

On a happier note, the scale moved this morning. YEA. Swim to the right, fishy-ticker-thing! Swim to the right!

Kat: I do have restriction after the refill. I have no idea where the other fill went since it didn't go in my Band. I'm not sure I even want to know...needless to say, that PA will NOT be giving me any future fills.

Roberta

Julie- congrats on the scale!!!! That little fish is going to swim

Everyone seems to be doing great.

I will weigh myself tomorrow. I have been stuck at 202 for 2 weeks so I want that scale to move on down!!!

Today I had a tough run... really tough, but worth it. I ran 5.3 k this morning and it was cold and windy but I wanted to make it to 5 k today (blizzard predicted for tomorrow so I won't be able to run). It took me 50 minutes to do the 5.3k, but I am happy that I can say I did it- with a coat and mitts and all!!!

So, wish me luck for tomorrow on that scales and I will let you know!!

Dawn

banded April 4th, 2006

Montreal

358/202 (still)/ 179

Exercise this month= 11 sessions

Today I had a tough run... really tough, but worth it. I ran 5.3 k this morning and it was cold and windy but I wanted to make it to 5 k today (blizzard predicted for tomorrow so I won't be able to run). It took me 50 minutes to do the 5.3k, but I am happy that I can say I did it- with a coat and mitts and all!!!

:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

Go Dawn, go Dawn -Go-Go-Go- Dawn!

Alan and I walked in pouring rain this morning...............felt just like Dawn (except it was only about 55 deg!). Would not have done that last year......a couple of drops would have put me to shame and was a good excuse to veg.

Planning on going to my NIA class in the morning before we leave for Seattle - have already logged it - so have to go!

Everyone have a great week-end.................Julie go..................I expect to see the 00's when I get home................just got a feeling.......you are awesome!

My weight has plateaued.............I'm looking good (not at all conceited am I)........feeling great..............still wanting to do some more, but I can wait a while.................I know how to maintain 170-174 lbs.............and when all is settled with my "one and only" I'll go and get a fill - I think I need one to continue on my way.

Kat - hope you're having a great "captivating" time............plan on doing the same with my guy this week-end! Us oldies still have "it"!

It feels just like the New Year's Eve countdown! I can hardly wait to cheer for everyone crossing over into the "onderland."

Julie, I noticed a '0' in your "fishy ticker thing"!!! Your mom must be super-cool if she owns 200 suits! Enjoy your Dad/family and your success!

Dawn, I can't believe you run with polar bears (and I am freaked out by raccoons).

Betty, I'm with you. I am maintaining and look good, but am ready for another round of weight-loss. A fill is definitely in my future.

(At least Roberta has some restriction now!)

Enjoy my hometown, the "Emerald City." I am also interested what a "bash" is like. I think we could have our own bash. I care more about our own little group.

My exercise goals are to complete this challenge, but also to prepare for a 5K in March. Slow and steady is the way I want to run. Also, I would like to beat my last time.

Wow ST Barts Julie, how exiciting, I have heard of it but not sure exactly where it is...........Delta Dawn, I keep thinking about those polar bears and realisticly how well your running times would have improved with one of those beasts chasing you, I keep laughing to myself, all I am worried if someone will recognise myself running around the neighbourhood red-faced, but how dumb when you have polar bears perhaps chasing you, hehehe!!!

I arrived back in NZ today, things are going good, haven't had a 'snog' again for those interested, he is away at moment, but got a valentine message ( I think)!!!!!

How do I change my ticker to show my profile better and keep track of my weight loss.

I know it is cold you end for most of you, but it is humid down here and I am swimming at beach most days.

Boo where are you exactly I see the So, but not sure were that it is.......Solvang?

No workout today but yesterday 55 mns cardio and 20 mins weights

love to you all

Amourette XXX:D

Okay... here we go, I never put in the decimal for weight, but today I will. I weighed in today and it was

Yep, it is finally here and I am feeling really emotional about it. I didn't expect that, but I was crying this morning. I am just darn proud.

Beside that I had a great work out this morning and I hope to run tomorrow if the weather holds.

Julie- when do you leave for St. barts? I hope it goes great!!

Boo- good luck on your training for your 5 k (I am planning - hoping to do one in March too) How was your last time? Yesterday on my own I did 50 minutes... but that is slow

Kat- how goes it?

Guysis- congrats for walking in the rain!!!

Anyway have a great weekend all!!!!!

Dawn

Banded April 5th, 2006

Montreal

358/ 199.2/179