Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April 2006 Bandits' February Challenge

Just a quick post to let you all know I finished the race (4M) -- in 48 minutes -- way better than my goal of 60 min!

Julie that is FANTASTIC!!!!:whoo: :whoo: :whoo: You never cease to amaze me.....rock on girlfriend!! How was it dealing with the extreme cold?

Roberta

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

YOU DID IT!!!

AWESOME TIME!!!!!

Woohoo, JULIE!

Roberta, I am so sorry you fell. Not only is it painful, but it is also traumatic. Lots of hugs!

HOORAY, JULIE!!!!!

Great news that you ran such a terrific race this morning, Julie! And the fact that you so far exceeded your goal, establishing a personal best, is an auspicious sign of all the success that will be yours in future races as you qualify for the 2008 New York City Marathon. You're officially on your way, girl!

Roberta, your fall down the stairs sounds painful! However did you manage to exercise yesterday with those injuries? Please take it easy! I'm such a wimp when I don't feel well. In fact exercise is always the first thing to go! I wonder if that will change as I become more & more commited to a DAILY regimen.

I took a friend with me to yoga class this morning, then we did lap swim, took a sauna, washed our hair, and now I feel on top of the world.

April 2006 Bandits February Challenge: 2 days of exercise completed

Yipeeeeee...............Julie - that is a real WOWIE! Proud of you! I've signed up with Alan to do a 5K walk @ 6AM in Seattle at the Splash!

Roberta - Oh my gosh - now take it easy for a few days please!

Boo - sorry you had to cancel your trip - the next time you're up this way please let me know..............Bluehill and I are going to have a great time and we'll be thinking of you all - she's coming to visit family and I get to have her for a day or two! Can't wait to meet her - it will be so nice to have a face and body to hug!

On an exercise spree - did my NIA class again today. The lbs have to start rolling off (don't they???)!!!!!!!! I think I'm in that mode of sameness for several weeks and then a few fall off - I hope.

No Bluehill, the exercise came before my fall; I'm not that tough. :-)

Thanks for your concern, Betty and Boo.

Roberta

I'm home!!! Glad you did so well in your race Julie---awesome job!

Oh Roberta---I am so sorry you fell!!! I am still nursing a sore knee from my fall on the porch---hope yours heals quickly!

I have people due here any minute now for the big Superbowl game...I have way too much food around here for my own comfort!!!I can hear the chips and queso dip calling my name!!

Will be back tomorrow....I have now only got 1/2 pound left to drop out of the obese range..........hope today doesn't sidetrack me!! If it does---I'll be the one to pay, and have to lose it again!!! Regardless, I will have had a good time, with family and friends!

I exercised in Denver---we shoveled enough snow to fill a football stadium it felt like! We drove up in horrid weather! Snow packed roads for over 350 miles!!! Then we left the hospital on Thursday in the middle of Denver downtown rushhour with a blizzard going on!

Friday the wind kicked up and we had snow blowing all over in 70 mph gusts!!! So when it calmed down we tried to get her place shoveled. She is getting around pretty good, we want it to stay that way!

Well my son and his family are here---I have a grandson to spoil!!! Will talk to you all soon!

Kat

Welcome home Kat. Glad you guys made it home in one piece with that horrible weather. Girl.. don't let that food trip you up in your goal. Hang tuff!!!!!

Roberta

Julie,

I am so proud of you. You should be too!!!!!

I am off to Ivujivik for meetings next week and I am not sure how my connection will be. If it is good I will post!!

Have a great week all and JULIE YOU ROCK!!!

Dawn

Banded April 4th, 2006

Montreal

358/202/179

You had a date, wow...............tell us all, I don't wanna be the only one who has to spill on my love life...........hehehe!!! Sorry it didn't go well, will you see him again, to be honest, my last date commented last week how we hadnt had a dinner out yet and I thought..............um, funny that!

Julie, congrats on your run, need to set a goal like that..........how do you warm up, I walk 5 mins then do inclines to level 5 then run after that, does that make sense to you , do you have any advice!

Girls I did my 45 mins cardio and half hour weights,, oh yes the firemen were there today.........but I was too busy looking at my own sexy body..........................hehehehe!!!!

Gals.........any other thread isnt going to compete with this..........it is too good as long as you don't mind my rants, especially when I am away I get tetchy and have to talk!!!!

hehehe

Love to you all

XX Amourette:D

Amourette:-)

yep I had a date and although I left after two hours cause the freking salmon got stuck,we managed to kiss and Im seeing him on Wednesday again:-)we are going to the movies.He is a DJ lives here in Prague and comes from Italy:-)We will see where it will lead:-)

And how is it going with your friend...I meand the flatmate and the real date:-))

Betty, I'm so excited about your 5K! You and Alan are going to have a blast.

Roberta, How are you feeling? I hope you're not too bruised up from your fall. You've had a rough spell...

Amourette, My warm-up sounds just like yours. I just do about 5 min, then go for it. If I'm in the gym, I do weights for about 15 min first because I read somewhere (whether it's true or not) that you don't burn as many calories in the first 20 minutes of exercise, so I save my running/elliptical for at least 20 minutes into my routine so that I get the most "bang for my buck." I'm not sure it really makes much of a difference.

Eficka and Amourette, I'm so proud of you for dating. I'm so confident in most areas of my life, but I've not "put myself out there" for dating yet. I think mentally I'm waiting to get under the 200 lb mark. I might even be waiting for my plastic surgery to be behind me -- I'm not sure. Dating is scary.

Thanks to everyone for your support with my race. It was a great experience. There were 5,000 runners. I ran the 4 miles in 49 minutes, which exceeded my goal, even though I was definitely among those finishing in the last third or so. Luckily, I was in an early heat, so it didn't feel like I was finishing late, even though in reality I was. The first mile was hard, the second mile was easy, the third mile was IMPOSSIBLE (my Ipod died from the cold!!) and the fourth mile was glorious (and slightly downhill). I'm so glad I did it and I'm already looking forward to the next one (March 11th).

Take care,

Julie, dont be afraid you are amazing young woman and what speaks for you is your beautifl mind AND face!!!SO dont be afraid and go for it.Nobody says you have to sleep with that guy just go out have fun and you will see what happens.I used to be desperately looking for my soulmate, and in every guy I was imagining how we would spend the life together, yep Im bit exggerateing. No need to do that we are young and its time to have fun and meet new people!! So go now and meet some nice guy:-)) Go out for dinner with him and tell us how it was!!

I love hearing about all you young ones talking about dates - we "oldies" live vicariously through you! I have a daughter who is 41 and unforturnately recently (2 years now) divorced - she also is the Mama of 2 of my 8 grandkids.............and yes she tells me about her dates - sometimes a bit "too much"............but, I have fun hearing about all her "escapades".

Kat, I can't imagine driving in all that snow and ice - you are sure brave......I'm such a wimp when it comes to bad weather and driving.

Just got back from my marathon day at the gym - NIA, core and Strengh Training.........phew! Today I was really tired - have not missed a day in a while......not bad for this 67 year old grammy. One of these days the scale will move again - please!

I've been having a hard time posting. Everytime I write a post and get ready to post it I lose the web page. Anyone having that problem?