Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Maybe you should have paid more attention in school and not so mush at lunch everyday more calories out then in does not make you fat. Maybe you should have tried that and not blamed it in insulin

I didn't blame it on insulin. The doctors did when i was 4 months and was gaining weight at twice the rate a normal baby should be. When I was 2, I was in the 99th percentile for two year olds. When I was 10 I weighed 190 pounds. I was the size of a normal sized adult man at 10 years old. And it wasn't because of gorging myself. When the doctors told my parents that I would have trouble with weight, they put me on so many diets your head would spin. When I was at lunch, I was eating salads and rice crisps while my other friends were eating tacos, and juice boxes. So before you go spouting off at the mouth, you should probably know what you're talking about.

I know what elitism is and you are proof of that by your statements. You call a man stupid and you know nothing about me. Where do you get off thinking your are so much better then me ELITISM you my friend are the definition of it.

Again, you apparently don't know what elitism is. If we dont give gallbladder surgery to a person with no gallbladder issues, are we elitist?

Ok let me log on line & block him. Waste of time huh!

There ya go. Run away from your problems. Yeah... you won't gain the weight back :rolleyes:

Mami how do we block idiots like this that just want to argue.

Makes me wonder if he got turned down by his insurance company

Surgery Anniversary 7/30/12

I think we need to remind some of our members about the rules we have here on RNYTalk:http://www.rnytalk.com/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules

I debated about responding but after the "quick fix" comment I had to. Please don't be under the impression that this surgery is a quick fix. It is most definitely a lifestyle change not a quick fix. It is not easy at all! There are days I throw up everything! Days that no matter how much I try I can't eat. Days that I feel awful all day. With that said...I have no regrets and would do it again....just don't like people referring to it as a "quick fix". Also, I have BCBS (one of the largest insurance companies in the country). The requirements for surgery are BMI over 40 with no health issues and BMI over 35 with other health issue (diabetes, HBP etc). While you are entitled to your opinion (as everyone is) I think its better to leave the requirements to the surgeons and insurance companies! AND, I wish you the best in your journey to WLS but after you have the surgery....please let me know how you feel about it being a "quick fix"!

If you care less about what I am saying you wouldn't be responding. And you woudn't even care to be honest. You are only upset because you know there is some truth in what I am saying and the truth hurts.

I am not god' date=' but I do use common sense. We don't give gallbladder surgery to people who have one bout of pain in their right side. We don't give MRI's to someone who has a few headache's. We don't even open people's chests up after one heart attack. Giving WLS to someone with under a 40 BMI is ludicrous. There is a reason why their are sanctions on it. There is a reason why insurance denies it. There is a reason why world class surgeons won't operate on anyone with a BMI under 45.[/quote']

Let's be happy you are not our doctor

Um....why is he complaining about people not being able to put down the fork? It looks like he fought and lost that battle a few times...we ALL have! Why is he getting surgery??? Uh for the same reasons as most of us. Yes diseases/injuries can contribute to weight gain but I bet eating helped that along as well.

Bottom line is, we ALL have issues with weight here, we have tried other means and have decided that this is the best option for us! No one should judge because we are ALL here trying to get or have gotten WLS!

Maybe he's gotten rejected before and he's jealous...just saying.

I love this site and I hope to never see negative comments like that before.

Mami how do we block idiots like this that just want to argue.

Makes me wonder if he got turned down by his insurance company

If I was denied by my insurance company, why motivation would I have to agree with them? Common sense dude, common sense.

Um....why is he complaining about people not being able to put down the fork? It looks like he fought and lost that battle a few times...we ALL have! Why is he getting surgery??? Uh for the same reasons as most of us. Yes diseases/injuries can contribute to weight gain but I bet eating helped that along as well.

Bottom line is, we ALL have issues with weight here, we have tried other means and have decided that this is the best option for us! No one should judge because we are ALL here trying to get or have gotten WLS!

Maybe he's gotten rejected before and he's jealous...just saying.

I love this site and I hope to never see negative comments like that before.

Got approved in 12 hours the first time.

And no, my issue had nothing to do with a fork. Read above for my story.

I'm defending the original poster. I didn't need to lose 100lbs or more but I was having knee issues & my asthma was getting bad. I have no other health problem. I fought for my rights & I'm a person that gets what I want. For my height 5foot I was obese at 211lbs. My surgeon says I should go down to my starting weight that's 140lbs putting me to lose 71lbs. I decided I want to be 125lbs putting me to lose 87lbs. I saw my self getting fatter each time. I have 3 kids. 15 year old 4 year old 2 year old. I didn't want to die at age 33. I did everything requested & required of me & got approved. Now at 157lbs later almost 3months I'm very happy & this was the best decision I made.

If your classify as being over weight it could be by 50lbs you can have surgery as long as you have great doctors like mine to approve you & a good insurance company to cover it. In this world you need to fight for what's right.

I believe I would be bigger by now if I didn't seek help to lose this weight & I did do many diets. This was my best & longest results & I can't stop saying I'm very happy with my decision.

FYI at 5 feet, 211 lbs her BMI is 41....by most doctor and insurance standards she does qualify.

I debated about responding but after the "quick fix" comment I had to. Please don't be under the impression that this surgery is a quick fix. It is most definitely a lifestyle change not a quick fix. It is not easy at all! There are days I throw up everything! Days that no matter how much I try I can't eat. Days that I feel awful all day. With that said...I have no regrets and would do it again....just don't like people referring to it as a "quick fix". Also, I have BCBS (one of the largest insurance companies in the country). The requirements for surgery are BMI over 40 with no health issues and BMI over 35 with other health issue (diabetes, HBP etc). While you are entitled to your opinion (as everyone is) I think its better to leave the requirements to the surgeons and insurance companies! AND, I wish you the best in your journey to WLS but after you have the surgery....please let me know how you feel about it being a "quick fix"!

The OP did leave it up to the insurance conpany. And she was denied. That's why this thread exists.

And yes of course it isn't a quick fix but some people view it that way

FYI at 5 feet, 211 lbs her BMI is 41....by most doctor and insurance standards she does qualify.

That's the problem.

Got approved in 12 hours the first time.

And no' date=' my issue had nothing to do with a fork. Read above for my story.[/quote']

No? Then why did you start a thread asking if people's hunger and/or cravings subside after surgery. You mentioned that it was a problem for you...that surgery would not be a good option for you if those symptoms wouldnt subside! That would equal you having a problem putting down the fork wouldn't you say?

Well it's been fun but I'm off to spend some time being supportive. You should try that some time!

Enjoy your day, good luck with your surgery!

No? Then why did you start a thread asking if people's hunger and/or cravings subside after surgery. You mentioned that it was a problem for you...that surgery would not be a good option for you if those symptoms wouldnt subside! That would equal you having a problem putting down the fork wouldn't you say?

Yes... do you know what insulin does?

Wow. There are people on here who do not know basic chemistry.

Dude find another forum. Apparently you have a huge chip on your shoulder. Nothing you have Said is helpful to anyone. Maybe we aren't the right fit for the "issues" you seem to have.