Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Edit: double post

It makes me sad to know there are people out there that think their more entitled to something than anyone else.

Surgery Anniversary 7/30/12

Should a person with a BMI of 25 be allowed WLS? No? What do you think you're more entitled to it?

I'm defending the original poster. I didn't need to lose 100lbs or more but I was having knee issues & my asthma was getting bad. I have no other health problem. I fought for my rights & I'm a person that gets what I want. For my height 5foot I was obese at 211lbs. My surgeon says I should go down to my starting weight that's 140lbs putting me to lose 71lbs. I decided I want to be 125lbs putting me to lose 87lbs. I saw my self getting fatter each time. I have 3 kids. 15 year old 4 year old 2 year old. I didn't want to die at age 33. I did everything requested & required of me & got approved. Now at 157lbs later almost 3months I'm very happy & this was the best decision I made.

If your classify as being over weight it could be by 50lbs you can have surgery as long as you have great doctors like mine to approve you & a good insurance company to cover it. In this world you need to fight for what's right.

I believe I would be bigger by now if I didn't seek help to lose this weight & I did do many diets. This was my best & longest results & I can't stop saying I'm very happy with my decision.

Should a person with a BMI of 25 be allowed WLS? No? What do you think you're more entitled to it?

By your picture you are a large man and likely have a BMI of over 45 so we should give you WLS Becuse you cant back away From the buffet.

That's called elitism. To think that Becuse your fatter then the rest you should get special treatment then somebody with only a BMI of 40. Let's let the Insurance company and the Doctors choose.

This is a peasefull forum take your negativity some where elas.

You got questions you don't know anything about ask and we that have been though it answer it for you. There are other Fourm for those that like to stir up crap.

JUST MY OPION ( there like butts everyone has one some just spew more crap the others)

By your picture you are a large man and likely have a BMI of over 45 so we should give you WLS Becuse you cant back away From the buffet.

I suppose thats one way of putting it for every single fat person in the world. Although if you payed attention in school or had any knowledge what so ever of human chemistry, you would know that genetics and hormones, such as my high insulin trigger has much more to do with poundage being added than my time spent at a buffet table.

That's called elitism.

No, it's not. The problem is that you are apparently too stupid to know what elitism is. If we dont grant a person with a 25 BMI to get WLS surgery, does that mean we feel we are more entitled to it? Or does It simply mean that it is silly for them to get it? THINK!

To think that Becuse your fatter then the rest you should get special treatment then somebody with only a BMI of 40. Let's let the Insurance company and the Doctors choose.

The insurance company DID choose. They denied her. Are you paying attention? And their are world class RNY surgeons around the world who refuse to operate on patients with under a 45 BMI. Are they elitist too? Or just smart...?

This is a peasefull forum take your negativity some where elas.

What is an "elas"?

JUST MY OPION

What is an "opion"

I'm defending the original poster. I didn't need to lose 100lbs or more but I was having knee issues & my asthma was getting bad. I have no other health problem. I fought for my rights & I'm a person that gets what I want. For my height 5foot I was obese at 211lbs. My surgeon says I should go down to my starting weight that's 140lbs putting me to lose 71lbs. I decided I want to be 125lbs putting me to lose 87lbs. I saw my self getting fatter each time. I have 3 kids. 15 year old 4 year old 2 year old. I didn't want to die at age 33. I did everything requested & required of me & got approved. Now at 157lbs later almost 3months I'm very happy & this was the best decision I made.

If your classify as being over weight it could be by 50lbs you can have surgery as long as you have great doctors like mine to approve you & a good insurance company to cover it. In this world you need to fight for what's right.

I believe I would be bigger by now if I didn't seek help to lose this weight & I did do many diets. This was my best & longest results & I can't stop saying I'm very happy with my decision.

Make no mistake about it, the only reason you were approved is because of MONEY. You got SURGERY over 70 pounds? Unbelievable.

PS, you don't have a "right" to WLS surgery and saying you get what you want is just a nicer way of saying that you are a brat who whines until people get sick of having to listen to them. Congrats!

Make no mistake about it' date=' the only reason you were approved is because of MONEY. You got SURGERY over 70 pounds? Unbelievable.[/quote']

I'm obese. I'm not a skinny woman. What's wrong are you jealous? Should I be 300lbs to make you happy.

I have a great doctor & surgeon & I have connections nothing wrong with that. Do I want to die young wait to be 300/499 pounds to do something about it nope! I did it now & I see nothing wrong with that.

P.s. I have the right to do wtf I want with my body. You or no body is gonna tell me different. I'm not a brat but I have the right to seek help if I need it. You make it sound like I should had waited till I get a heart attack before I finally did something with my weight issue.

Ryan Fischer,

Well if you have such a problem with people that are getting surgery to help them lose weight that they have most likely tried and failed a few dozen times, why are you on this forum? Everyone on this forum has different weight issues and the numbers make no difference here, we are here to HELP each other, not hurt one another.

I'm obese. I'm not a skinny woman. What's wrong are you jealous? Should I be 300lbs to make you happy.

I have a great doctor & surgeon & I have connections nothing wrong with that. Do I want to die young wait to be 300/499 pounds to do something about it nope! I did it now & I see nothing wrong with that.

Lol listen to what you are saying! Instead of putting down the fork NOW, you think you're choice is "surgery vs wait until I'm 300 pounds". That's your only option? Not eating as much isn't an option?

And yes you have a right to do what you want with your body. But surgery is a privilege not a right.

Ryan Fischer,

Well if you have such a problem with people that are getting surgery to help them lose weight that they have most likely tried and failed a few dozen times, why are you on this forum? Everyone on this forum has different weight issues and the numbers make no difference here, we are here to HELP each other, not hurt one another.

Numbers do make a difference. Someone with 70 pounds to lose should not be having WLS. I want to get the name of her surgeon and report him. When RNY was first introduced, they would have NEVER allowed that. But do you know what happened? People with mild weight issues wanted a "quick fix" and doctors wanted the $25,000 the surgery brings.

Lol listen to what you are saying! Instead of putting down the fork NOW' date=' you think you're choose is "surgery vs wait until I'm 300 pounds". That's your only option? Not eating as much isn't an option?

[/quote']

I'm supported of everyone in here. I don't judge & wow! Didn't expect to be judge in here. I love & care about people you make it seem as if I had to wait till I blew up before I did something about my weight issue. If that's you in the photo your not skinny. Maybe you should try eating less. I did many diets & well I'm slimming down & I careless what you have to say. I feel good & you should be happy for me instead of looking for a reason to judge me. We are here for support.

Stop and listen to your self. Are you god?

I suppose thats one way of putting it for every single fat person in the world. Although if you payed attention in school or had any knowledge what so ever of human chemistry' date=' you would know that genetics and hormones, such as my high insulin trigger has much more to do with poundage being added than my time spent at a buffet table.

Maybe you should have paid more attention in school and not so mush at lunch everyday more calories out then in does not make you fat. Maybe you should have tried that and not blamed it in insulin

No, it's not. The problem is that you are apparently too stupid to know what elitism is. If we dont grant a person with a 25 BMI to get WLS surgery, does that mean we feel we are more entitled to it? Or does It simply mean that it is silly for them to get it? THINK!.

I know what elitism is and you are proof of that by your statements. You call a man stupid and you know nothing about me. Where do you get off thinking your are so much better then me ELITISM you my friend are the definition of it.

The insurance company DID choose. They denied her. Are you paying attention? And their are world class RNY surgeons around the world who refuse to operate on patients with under a 45 BMI. Are they elitist too? Or just smart...?

What is an "elas"?

Sorry for my spelling Mr school teacher I bet you never make mistakes

What is an "opion"[/quote']

Sorry I'm not As great as you are and the best speller like you. You for some reson think you are better then everyone . So I'm done matching wits with a unarmed man. There is no pleasing you . Let's let the admin take care of you negativity

(Attention all that read this post please leave this person alone and maybe he will just go away don't reply to his post and maybe he will get a clue and go away)

Quick fix my a..... Don't be a hater.

I'm supported of everyone in here. I don't judge & wow! Didn't expect to be judge in here. I love & care about people you make it seem as if I had to wait till I blew up before I did something about my weight issue. If that's you in the photo your not skinny. Maybe you should try eating less. I did many diets & well I'm slimming down & I careless what you have to say. I feel good & you should be happy for me instead of looking for a reason to judge me. We are here for support.

Stop and listen to your self. Are you god?

If you care less about what I am saying you wouldn't be responding. And you woudn't even care to be honest. You are only upset because you know there is some truth in what I am saying and the truth hurts.

I am not god, but I do use common sense. We don't give gallbladder surgery to people who have one bout of pain in their right side. We don't give MRI's to someone who has a few headache's. We don't even open people's chests up after one heart attack. Giving WLS to someone with under a 40 BMI is ludicrous. There is a reason why their are sanctions on it. There is a reason why insurance denies it. There is a reason why world class surgeons won't operate on anyone with a BMI under 45.

Sorry I'm not As great as you are and the best speller like you. You for some reson think you are better then everyone . So I'm done matching wits with a unarmed man. There is no pleasing you . Let's let the admin take care of you negativity

(Attention all that read this post please leave this person alone and maybe he will just go away don't reply to his post and maybe he will get a clue and go away)

Ok let me log on line & block him. Waste of time huh!