Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Your not weird..at least it was Protein...I'm trying to eat Protein and every time it get nauseous and my stomach hurts even though I pureed it I think it may still be to thick.. Iggy. See I'm the weird one..lol

I thought it was just me...my pouch hurts when I eat or drink. I drink slow and eat slow I am on puréed food but it still hurts. I am trying to get my 89 grams of protein by drinking and eating. Plus 100oz of liquids. I'm 4 days out.

Urgent care. Does the urine have a foul odor or dark in color. The fact you have to urinate all the time and it burns is a sign. You can purchase azo over the counter for the pain until you get abx' date=' but it will turn your urine red or orange and note the will be unable to dip the urine in office for a quick result if you have a uti. We always asked pt to call us before taking anything like that. Call your surgeon I'm sure he will call you in something.also note along with abx some cause yeast infection so have them call you in diflucan too. Hope this helps. Make sure you don't start a fever....[/quote']

Thanks the doctor got me some medicine and I feel so much better

I thought it was just me...my pouch hurts when I eat or drink. I drink slow and eat slow I am on puréed food but it still hurts. I am trying to get my 89 grams of Protein by drinking and eating. Plus 100oz of liquids. I'm 4 days out.

You pain will go away in about 2 weeks mine did at least. It was gas on the left side also the drinks where making it worse so I had to switch to lactose free. On Thursday I will be 4 weeks out, my body just hates food. But if I don't eat, I'm so tired,I can not do anything..and I sleep all day. Good luck with your weight loss and welcome to the losers bench...

You pain will go away in about 2 weeks mine did at least. It was gas on the left side also the drinks where making it worse so I had to switch to lactose free. On Thursday I will be 4 weeks out' date=' my body just hates food. But if I don't eat, I'm so tired,I can not do anything..and I sleep all day. Good luck with your weight loss and welcome to the losers bench...[/quote']

There are times I would prefer to NOT eat as I am more comfortable with an empty pouch, but like you I am so tired if I do not eat and I know it's not good for me. Hoping this too shall pass.....

There are times I would prefer to NOT eat as I am more comfortable with an empty pouch' date=' but like you I am so tired if I do not eat and I know it's not good for me. Hoping this too shall pass.....[/quote']

Maggie, I can't tell you how good it is to hear you say you prefer not to eat because that's exactly how I feel. I am most happy when my pouch is empty and if I didn't get foggy I wouldn't eat at all. I try to get as much Protein in as I can, thats literally all I eat, no room for anything else.

Phew, I feel better now that I've disclosed that! =]

I just can't believe the differences in what the docs will allow. It blows my mind. Here I am on liquids only for 2 weeks and cookier gets mushy on day 4. And what about tacos? What do you mean tacos meats tomatoe cheese sauce and a shell really? How is that even mushy at all? Your only one week ahead of me. I didn't think tacos would be good on the post op diet plan it's not low carb. Plus what about portions? My plan calls for 2 tablespoons Protein then 2 tablespoons veggie. That's the whole meal. I start the mushy Tuesday so I will see how it goes but all this info is just making me crazy.

I'm right there with you. Its crazy the difference between doctors. You'd think there'd be this universal plan.

I will be 3 weeks in the morning. I actually tried tuna tonight b/c I was going crazy on soft foods. It wasn't good! It was white albacore tuna very dry. After s few bites it came back up! I guess we need regular tuna. I'm so excited about my document appointment tomorrow! I'm down 35 pounds!!!! Happy loosening my friends;)

K today i finally broke down after 7 days of a liquid diet and had a half a piece of grilled chicken breast anyone else do this and had no problems for surgery with a non shrunk liver?

K today i finally broke down after 7 days of a liquid diet and had a half a piece of grilled chicken breast anyone else do this and had no problems for surgery with a non shrunk liver?

The chicken had no carbs. So it will not effect the liver. . I did Atkins for two weeks before my surgery, then two weeks liquid, now two weeks pureed. Well they said also long as it was like applesauce texture.. So I've been cheating and making chicken in my ninja into the that texture..lol...not for all meals but just one..I have to have something.but I'm starting no to feel well.but out maybe from the fact I'm over working myself.

The chicken had no carbs. So it will not effect the liver. . I did Atkins for two weeks before my surgery, then two weeks liquid, now two weeks pureed. Well they said also long as it was like applesauce texture.. So I've been cheating and making chicken in my ninja into the that texture..lol...not for all meals but just one..I have to have something.but I'm starting no to feel well.but out maybe from the fact I'm over working myself.

You would think there would be a bariatric standard that all docs would follow. I ate a soft taco, meat and cheese only and only about 1/4. I chewed, chewed, chewed. Sometimes it wouldn't mash up so I would spit that part out. food doesn't taste good right now. I also managed to get about half a Protein Bar in yesterday. You have to be really careful with the chewing on anything! After I'm done chewing, I move it around in my mouth to make sure there are no pieces. I'm on puree but my doc said that didn't mean it had to be put through a blender. You can do it with your mouth just be careful!

Jess...Surgiversary 9/19/12

I am down 30 lbs and haven't moved down in 2 weeks. I'm really frustrated. Ive been having trouble getting in my Protein. I can only do 1 Protein Shake that is only 160 cal., and eat about 6 teaspoons at a time of either egg, chicken, or ground beef. According to fat secret it's about 117 for 1/4 c each . I really don't eat 1/4 a cup either it's more like 1/8. So that like 58 cal from food 7.5 grams of protein so I guess what I mean to say is I'm only usually getting 218 cal and 37 of protein. This is on a bad day someways I can push to get in that next shake. I drink about 40 oz of Water a day. I always feel full so it makes it hard to get anything in. My Dr is like if you don't get your protein your going to loose your hair. His only suggestion is to try banana with my protein or sf Hershey Syrup. And he's not happy with my reduction I need have been down more but never shot out a number. I honestly haven't asked him a lot of questions that I would have because I was so upset when he put it out there about being upset that I'm not where he wants me to be. Anyone else having these problems? Any suggestions? Thanks for hearing out my rant. :)

My Dr told me at my one week i was too dry. She said i need to get in my Protein and fluids. I'm going back to work in 2days at my 2week and she stressed that if i didn't get in my protein and fluids i would not be able to do my job (cna) since then that had been my focus. So when i wake up i take my Vitamins and make myself a Protein Shake. 20Oz of muscle milk with 48GM of protein. Usually takes me about an hour to drink that. Then i have a special k protein Water another 5GM and 20Oz which is a great start to my day. I'm not hungry like i was last week. Maybe because I'm finally getting my protein in. my plan when i switch to soft foods and go back to work is continue what I've been doing add more water and focus on eating at dinner time with my kids. That's when its hard for me now. Today I'm down 26 since surgery (10 from fluid) down 46 from start! I hope this helps.

You would think there would be a bariatric standard that all docs would follow. I ate a soft taco, meat and cheese only and only about 1/4. I chewed, chewed, chewed. Sometimes it wouldn't mash up so I would spit that part out. food doesn't taste good right now. I also managed to get about half a Protein bar in yesterday. You have to be really careful with the chewing on anything! After I'm done chewing, I move it around in my mouth to make sure there are no pieces. I'm on puree but my doc said that didn't mean it had to be put through a blender. You can do it with your mouth just be careful!

Jess...Surgiversary 9/19/12

thank you so much for ALL you information..

I'm working on my liquids thanks for the advice.