Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2 days post op... First day pretty painful 2nd not as bad. I was told that during my surgery Monday Dr.Hodges found that i had a hiatal hernia that was about to rupture. I had no idea. So it was a blessing my surgery was scheduled when it was. They repaired it and it is all good. I am sore now bit nothing that isnt manageable. Started my monthly on the 9th,surgery bloat from the 10th, so i have actually gained 3 pounds (up from 228 last wiegh in). So when swelling goes down,i am hoping that my body starts doing what it needs too. I am so excited for all of us. This has been a whirlwind of a week. Hugs to all. I appreciate this forum to get the support we all need.

Aila and Kerry it's our day!!!! Good luck ladies and I'll see you guy on the loser side!!! Whoop whoop!

Game time!! Prayers and thoughts going y'all way and for y'alls surgery team!! :)

Well my revision went well . Only thing is it took 7 hours . I'm still on a lot of meds I guess we will

See tomorrow

Melissa

Well my revision went well . Only thing is it took 7 hours . I'm still on a lot of meds I guess we will

See tomorrow

Melissa

Wow seven hours is a looooooong time. Glad its over for you, just take it very easy!

Wow seven hours is a looooooong time. Glad its over for you' date=' just take it very easy![/quote']

Ya the band was really messed up in there .

How are you doing since your f

Ya the band was really messed up in there .

How are you doing since your f

Im ok - a week out already!!! I think i might be doing a bit much but im trying to slow down.

I started the runny puree stage yesterday and today im hungry!! Not sure if its a mind game or not but eating slowly and enjoying taste of food again.

Your family must have been scared at such along op. mine was thank g-d done in about 3 including removiing my galll bladder. I was a zombie for 24 hours after. !!!

Hope u make a quick recovery

Well I'm still in the hospital real ready to go home ! I'm still soar I have a catheter in one of my incisions it's really weird it has Pain medicine going into my incision

So glad to hear your update!!!! So the walking helps a lot?? Do they limit how much you walk?

Nope just go till you can't go anymore I always make sure it's in between my meds so I don't have suffer after I walk I started at one then wet to two then Seven it's feels great to walk because the only thin that hurts is the gas and I jiggles it around I am so happy to be able to answer some questions now!!

ok just finished my pre ops at the hospital final weight 223.4 pre surgery, Clear Liquids allday and report to the hospital at 5:30am tomorrow. I will try to log in sometime tomorrow, if not I wish everyone that is getting surgery today and on my day 9/13 and the following days a safe surgery and a speedy recovery... .

See tomorrow

Melissa

prayer to a speedy recovery...

Hello!! I came home last night (day after surgery). If it weren't for these gas pains in my shoulders, I'd feel great. My heating pad is my new best friend. Today I'm focused on getting my fluids in. It feels great to be on the other side! I will try post some pics of me in the hospital and of my incisions, which look great! My doctor stitched under the skin so I won't have as he called it, Frankenstein dot scars. I have steristrips on top. Got to take a shower too! I must admit though, I've had two c-sections and two sinus surgeries, and this by far was worse. That said, I have improved greatly over the past 24 hours. The one thing I'm most surprised about is that I can take bigger sips than I thought and it doesn't hurt. Small victories!!!

Wishing speedy recoveries to all who have crossed over and I'm continuing to pray for those of you who will be going this week!!

Today I went to bluepoint for my dietician and doctor appointment. I have had my issues with some people at the office and today was no different. I think they just plain do not like me. Not everyone but at least two are cold curt and borderline insulting. I am an advocate for my own health care (what nurse isnt) and I ask questions. i do not know if this can be resolved but I am not taking it sitting down. When they ask me how it is going I say fine except the way certain people treat me. If I get the chance I will write them a evaluation that is truthful. I do not think I am unreasonable but maybe i am. either way BE NICE it wont kill you and it goes a long way when dealing with people having a major life changing surgery sheeesh.

Ok so I am excited and nervous but not to bad yet. I am in day three of my two week Optifast (adjust by me of course) diet. I had reduced 12 lbs per my PCP's scale then the bluepoint scale said i gained back 5 lbs. At that time i was doing less then 2000 calories a day low carb no cheating. I was like F this and had a candy bar. What is the point of being good and still gain. Not a good attitude I know. I admit the candy did not taste as good as I thought it would and I got back on track pretty quickly. my FINAL meal pre op was sunday night. I went out with the family to my old favorite italian restraunt and had Pasta spinach Soup and lovely italian bread and desert but i forgot about the brownies i had at home and didnt have one. I made my son take them the next day once I started my optifast diet. I was proud of myself for not eating those!

Today my wt at bluepoint was back to the 12 lbs reduced but the scale fluctuated to a 2 lb gain (I guess I was not being still) I about freaked out. The girl weighing me was a bit unfriendly but I think she was feeling unwell (cough or cold).

Then there is the MRSA issue. I have been concerned that I will have an active site near my surgery date and maybe get a systemic infection even though the worst one I had (left leg) that required 5 days hospitalization never cultured positive in my blood. I mentioned it to my doctor he was not concerned since I have nothing active right now. The nurse at the hospital said I must have a swab of nose and throat prior to my surgery. So I am working on that now.

editted a double post

username.date WLS...name..start wt..reduced to wt

*Debs84.....Sept 4.......? ........ ........

*Twos2many...Sept 4........? ....... ........

*Juditha....Sept 5.....Judith .....281 ...272

*Mommyhand...Sept 5...Wendy.....267.....250

*Pebbles...Sept 5......Courtney.....250-252..

*Tiffbp...........Sept 5....Tiffany..... ....

*Lqgirl.........Sept 5.....Diane...???...???

*Naturalgal518.....Sept 5...Jessica....341highest.....start 329

*september2012....Sept 7...?...???

*Landensmommy10....Sept 7....Lexi.....240

*jess929........Sept 10...Jessica...284...238

*Ciaobella......Sept 10....Maria.....225.....209

*NurseTab.....Sept 10.....Tiffany......270.....

*Amazeyem...Sept 10......Lisa........

*Momof6........Sept 10.....Kimberly... ....235.4

*Molly1978.....Sept 10.....Molly...?....?

*moffie........Sept 11....Mo....... .........

*HELWA1980...Sept 11..... Melissa....340...274

*Mustangsteve.....Sept 11......Steve......334.....???

*janelane...Sept 11......Jessica....330 ..318

*lydiajohnston611.Sept 12.Lydia... ...

*Isla.....................Sept 12.......?....? ?

*cksauve..... Sept 12....?.....???...???

*Goddessblaze...Sept 13....Leilani....240.....234

*Missyjack....Sept 13.....? ...... .........

*Tiburon..........Sept 13...Angela.....228....

*Riverbuff.Sept 14..Mark..490 now 412.goals:pre op 400 final 225

*Judeaboo.......Sept 17..Judy......331....325

*Cholosladii...Sept 18...Lilli..309 ...290

*Big Lou..........Sept 18...Lou.... .........

*uniqueladybug....Sept 19...Jessica...215...?

*Maggie0557......Sept 19.... ....???....???

*jknap01...Sept 21.....Jennifer.......370...?

*grannykathy...Sept 24...Kathy......348...310

*Stardusted.....Sept 24...? ...... .........

Mommaof4zs...sept 24...237...

*chunkypudding....Sept 25...Leslie.... .....

*Dejoseana...Sept 25..? ..... .....

*rabrijumo...Sept 25...Rachael..448..436 goal 175

*rurias...........Sept 25... Ramona.....328.....?...

*4kimmy2......Sept 26....Kim.....?....?