Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Cooking/organizing For Returning To Work

Today went to the grocery store and got so excited when I saw all the sugar free products they had like ketchup, BBQ Sauce, fruit spread, maple Syrup, etc.

I found a buch of stuff that will work in the purée phase. There are egg drop Soup packets where you just add Water and eggs and it's no carbs!!

Crab was on sale so I'm going to make a bunch of crab cakes with no bread crumbs and purée it then bake in muffin tins and freeze in gallon bags. Can be pulled out for a yummy lunch. Also going to make a bunch of quiche bites from eggface! Am going to put refried Beans with cheese and chilli in tiny containers and freeze too!

Hopefully this will be an easy way to get Protein in a hurry!

Will probably also do lots of tuna salad.

Does anyone else have money or time saving tips for returning back to work? Anything that will make out mornings or evenings go smoother would help!!

Ok I read this, got so excited even though I came home today and went to Walmart to go shopping I am huddled in the passenger seat ATM feeling like walking Walmart for over an hour first day home from hospital = bad idea :( anyway do you have a good chicken salad recipe?

Aww I'm sorry! Truth be told I rode in the little wheelchair cart when I went to the store on day5. It's amazing how much energy it takes. You will feel much better soon!

So I do have a wonderfully amazing chicken salad recipe but it involves walnuts and red grapes - more deli style. So I need to tweak it into a pouch friendly version. I'll keep ya posted.

I want to use plain Greek yogurt instead of mayo for extra Protein. I've done it with tuna and it was great!

Then do share as soon as you get em together! I can't wait for puréed :)

I can't wait either these Protein Shakes are killing me.

Any one out there have to travel after having surgery? I will be six weeks out Tuesday, and will start traveling again Monday. I am interested in some eating out ideas that you have been successful with?

Any one out there have to travel after having surgery? I will be six weeks out Tuesday' date=' and will start traveling again Monday. I am interested in some eating out ideas that you have been successful with?[/quote']

Grilled chicken sandwiches without bread

Any one out there have to travel after having surgery? I will be six weeks out Tuesday' date=' and will start traveling again Monday. I am interested in some eating out ideas that you have been successful with?[/quote']

Soups like French onion with no crouton or chilli

Fajitas with no wrap. Shrimp scampi, grilled or broiled fish, tuna salad. When I did Atkins, I found that you can order certain things that aren't on the menu at sit down restaurants like a grilled chicken breast with ranch or blue cheese. Yum!

I had a work trip 6 weeks out, though I was on the soft food stage and live/ travelled to non rny friendly places it was easy. I had Soups, the insides of a fajita, steak, cheese platters, etc and lost 6 lbs too. Just remember to go slow. And if you can just share your food with someone or make it to go

Sent from my iPhone using RNYTalk

I had a work trip 6 weeks out' date=' though I was on the soft food stage and live/ travelled to non rny friendly places it was easy. I had Soups, the insides of a fajita, steak, cheese platters, etc and lost 6 lbs too. Just remember to go slow. And if you can just share your food with someone or make it to go

Sent from my iPhone using RNYTalk[/quote']

Hi Tammy,

If your not allergic, seafood is the way to go. Crab legs take a while to eat and no one can see how much you are or are not eating. It's also the softest meat!

Hi Tammy' date='

If your not allergic, seafood is the way to go. Crab legs take a while to eat and no one can see how much you are or are not eating. It's also the softest meat![/quote']

Hi kiwi,

I hate the smell of seafood, it makes me gag. Never eaten it and never will :)

Sent from my iPhone using RNYTalk

Hi Tammy,

If your not allergic, seafood is the way to go. Crab legs take a while to eat and no one can see how much you are or are not eating. It's also the softest meat!

Great idea! I can't wait to have a great excuse to get crab legs! Around here though, the only way to eat crabs is whole with lots of old bay - can't wait to do that yumm!

Great idea! I can't wait to have a great excuse to get crab legs! Around here though' date=' the only way to eat crabs is whole with lots of old bay - can't wait to do that yumm![/quote']

I use nothing but old bay here too!!! It turned out great!!! 1 cluster will last a few meals for me

I use nothing but old bay here too!!! It turned out great!!! 1 cluster will last a few meals for me

What is old bay?

Yay I'm gonna get some steamed crabs soon :)