Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

South Beach Diet Bandsters???

South Beach Diet food List

Foods to Enjoy Phase 1

Sweets * (chocolate powder, cocoa powder (baking type), hard candy, sugar substitute (sugar-free)

Sweet Treat- 75 calories a day-Sugar Free Fudgesicles, sugar free jello

I notice under the sweets section for phase 1 that Sugar Free Chocolate powder is listed, So we can have sugarfree hot cocoa then right?

I am excited to begin the South Beach journey with you all. Take care.

Gonna try to join you on the beach. Been on the band journey going on three years this month. God has been good to me and I had lost up to 140 pounds total with the band with a recent gain and need to get more focused.

I know this diet works as I have been on it before and loved the results. I fell off the wagon several months ago and got back into eating carbas and being hungry more. The best part about this SB diet is that you don't get hungry ever. I suffer from food demons attacking at night, however, so need your encouragement daily on this part.

WORST PROBLEM AND HABITS: My dear hubby works at night and I work during the day so therefore when I sit and watch TV I feel the urge to snack which is just all in my head I know as I am normally not hungry.

My goals for today:

• Drink 82 oz Water.
  • Exercise at least 30-40 minutes on treadmill if cannot get to gym.
  • Journal all my food.< /span>
  • Check this board often for encouragement.
  • Visualize me 80 pounds lighter!

Good luck to us all!

Awesome!!! I will be your daily support! We can support each other! I also did the South Beach diet before and never felt hungry and had my sugar and carb craving under control. I too want to come here and have the same goals as you.

I thank God also for bringing me to a place where I won't be in bondgage to food.

I am glad to have you!!!

This is what I have done today:

Morning: Gano Ginseng coffee with 1 cup of plain soy milk

Breakfast: 2 scrambled eggs with mushrooms and hot sauce

Lunch: 10 almonds and 2 Laughing cow

Dinner: I am going to have cod fish and steamed brocolli

Supplements: liquid Glacial Milk liquid vitamins and extra B's, 1 QuickSlim30

Liquids: 24 ounces of crystal light (goal is 72 ounces at least)

Exercise: 1 hour of elyptical!!!!:clap2:

I am feeling good and will weigh in tomorrow.

Tip: When I used to stay up late and was hungry on South Beach, I'd make myself a plate of cheese, cold cuts and Laughing Cow cheese and Jello.

Great idea about the Protein Shake. I have gotten off that for awhile and forgot that that was an option. That is what i like about this site, reminders that help us get back on track.

Last time I was on South Beach I also had Protein Shakes. I just had to find a good low carb one!

I will start looking and also check to see if the ones I am using right now are low carb! We can compare to see who finds the best low carb Protein shake!!!

I DID IT!!!

I did 1 hour on my elyptical trainer!!

I am giving myself an option of something I have to do everyday, I just have to choose.

1. elyptical machine at home

2. dance video workout

3. walk around the block

4. gym

I also tell myself I will do it for 15 minutes, but like the way I feel and the music, so I do longer!

How are we all doing???

Alright Audree, I am going on my treadmill. Just walking for me today... I am not released from my Lasik surgery yet to jog... but I am going to walk away tonight.

It is rainy and gross here. Thank goodness for the dreadmill.

I think Carnation Instant Breakfast does a low carb one. I added extra dry milk powder to up the protein

How many carbs does it have. Does it have sugar? If it is sugar free, it is okay. The purpose of sugar free is the detoxing our body is doing from sugar and white flour products. If you have sugar, you are not letting your body detox and your appetite won't go away. One thing I love about being on the Beach, is after day 4, your appetite is greatly reduced even with out appetite suppresants and that is what we all want. By the 2 weeks, you don't even crave the bad stuff anymore.

Goals Met:

I ate less than 2000 calories

I walked 1.5 hours on the treadmill

I drank 64oz of H20

Ate a decent Breakfast

Yes, I seem to have the most trouble in the mornings. It is hard for me to make enough time for myself to eat right in the morning. And if I get off on a wrong foot it seems to make the rest of the day difficult.

My goals for today:

Eat a good breakfast

Drink 64 oz H20

Eat less than 2000 calories

Walk on treadmill

Goals Met:

I ate less than 2000 calories

I walked 1.5 hours on the treadmill

I drank 64oz of H20

Ate a decent breakfast

YOU ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Maybe we can post our daily goals everyday and help each other reach them!!!

I got all my goals in too!!

1.5 on the treadmill is awesome!!!!:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Don't forget to weigh first thing in the morning!

Hello all,

I have been really sick. I finally went to the dr. and got antibiotics and feel human today.

I tried to post yesterday and typed a big long post but then I got a message saying it was timed out. I couldn't get anything to post yesterday.

Audree, I have been looking for the laughing cow cheese. I can't find it! I looked by the cream cheese, by the string cheese, and all the packages of grated cheese. What is it anyway? Is it like a string cheese?

As far as low carb Protein shakes, Slim fast has 20 grams of Protein and I think 2 or 3 grams of carbs. You have to buy the ones that say low carb. There are others with higher protein but tons of carbs. I really like it.

Is anyone else having trouble with Constipation? I have tried those Fiber caplets and they do nothing. It's getting old.

I hope I feel better soon so I can start exercising. I am sure I won't lose unless I exercise.

Hello all,

I have been really sick. I finally went to the dr. and got antibiotics and feel human today.

I tried to post yesterday and typed a big long post but then I got a message saying it was timed out. I couldn't get anything to post yesterday.

Audree, I have been looking for the laughing cow cheese. I can't find it! I looked by the cream cheese, by the string cheese, and all the packages of grated cheese. What is it anyway? Is it like a string cheese?

As far as low carb Protein shakes, Slim fast has 20 grams of Protein and I think 2 or 3 grams of carbs. You have to buy the ones that say low carb. There are others with higher protein but tons of carbs. I really like it.

Is anyone else having trouble with Constipation? I have tried those Fiber caplets and they do nothing. It's getting old.

I hope I feel better soon so I can start exercising. I am sure I won't lose unless I exercise.

I am glad you are feeling better. I find the Laughing Cow cheese in the cheese section where they have the specialty cheeses. It is a little circle, white with a cow on it. If you ask someone, I am sure they'd find it for you!!

I find if I have my Water intake, I am regular. You may try ground flax seed. It tastes like ground almonds and is good!

Hey guys! I just wanted to share what I ate today!

Breakfast: cottage cheese

Snack: 10 almonda

Lunch: cold cuts and cheese

Snack: 20 almonds

Dinner: 8 small chicken mozerella meatballs

Liquids: 64 ounces of crystal light

Supplements: 1 tbsp. Glacial Milk and 1 QuickSlim30

Yesterday, I ate good a little too good but stayed on the beach!!

Breakfast: 2 scrambled eggs, 2 sausages, 2 bacon

Lunch: 2 Laughin cow and 15 almonds

Dinner: Went to El Torito Mexican Restaurant and had a carne asada burrito with out the tortilla and Beans, YUMMY