Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

South Beach Diet Bandsters???

Hi everyone!

I have a cold and didn't feel like going to a party that I was invited to. Plus I didn't want to deal with all the forbidden foods that would be there.

Wouldn't you think being on a liquid diet would be the same as Phase 1? While I was on the liquid diet, I was using Slim Fast Low Carb which has 3 grams of carbs.

I need to go grocery shopping to start the South Beach diet. I am having a problem though because my doctor doesn't want me to eat fresh veggies until 6 weeks post op. And no red meat. But I can still do meat and cooked veggies. But that means no salads. I don't know what his reasoning would be for no salads for 2 more weeks. The problem is I don't feel well from this cold so I don't feel like going grocery shopping. So far today all I have had is a slice of deli turkey and a slice of Provlone cheese.

Last night for dinner I had a lean cuisine chicken that had chicken and cooked spinach. Besides that, I had a can of slim fast. I got 64 oz of Water in.

I haven't lost any more weight in the last week. I am not happy about that. It was so nice to see the scale moving down.

Audree Congratulations! I knew you would have had to have lost at least as much as I did, from being on liquids.

I am anxious to get my first fill. I have a medication that I sometimes take for sleep, because I have horrible insomnia. It is known to cause weight gain. It makes me crave sweets horribly.

Well, another weekend here. I am glad I don't have little kids in the house eating sweets in front of me. I feel like I don't have much willpower left.

Yesterday I wanted a cookie really badly!! I hope I lose another lb soon. If I don't, I get in that mood "I might as well eat since I am not losing anyway" That's old thinking.

I am glad all of you are here. It's encouraging to have all of you, and being able to read the board.

Hey Guys!!

I started solids today! I don't know how I am going to east enough!

WHAT I ATE TODAY:

coffee with Splenda and 1 cup low carb soy

5 small bites of an egg,

1/4 cup of tuna with mayo, onion and Tomato,

1 string cheese stick

1/2 cup of lean steak with mushrooms for dinner

1/4 cup black Beans with melted cheddar cheese

(Ate all with no problems; no pb's)

Liquids: 24 ounces crystal light

supplements: 1 tbsp. Glacial Milk liquid Vitamin

It is hard to get the liquid in because I had to eat lots of little meals to get food in. I felt dizzy earlier. I think I will have to drink my first 24 ounces upon rising. Get 24 in the middle of the day and 24 ounces 1 hour after my last meal.

I did not take my quickslim30 since I am not hungry. I didn't PB and stopeed when I felt like I had to take a deep breath. I didn't want to push things. I have heard a PB can feel like a heart attack!:omg:

The good thing about South Beach is you don't have to count calories, carbs, etc....

But, I am kinda keeping a count in my head because I know I need to get at leat 1000??? I have heard so many different things about the calorie intake. Some say there doctors say to have about 600-800 and others say 1000-1200, then some others say over 1200. I have only had about 400 calories today!!

I am going to ask my own nutrionist and see what she says, but I feel free since I hate counting calories!!!!

Hi BGB,

I am going to start South Beach today, I have been banded since Oct18, 2006 and have lost 40# so far. I am happy with how things are going but feel that I could do better. I've done Atkins before and did well but gained it back after a year. I didn't like that you couldn't have fruit so I think South Beach will be good for me. I'll check back in later today with my food diary.

This is day 2 for me on solids and South Beach.

I felt very tight in the morning so I had coffee for Breakfast. I think I didn't drink enough Water yesterday and it made me feel like someone was squeezing my stomach.

This is what I ate so far:

Breakfast: 1 cup of coffee with 1/2 cup plain soymilk (60 calories)

Lunch: 2 crab cakes (370 calories)

I will not be counting calories later as on the South Beach diet as you don't need to. But, I want to make sure I get 1200 calories a day. Once I know I am getting about that much and how much food it takes to get there, I will stop counting.

Hi Audree!

I'll be joining you on the South Beach diet when I can eat solids in a few weeks.

BTW, there is a Low Carb Friends board out there somewhere on the net where you can tips on low carb eating. Some of the people there have the band too.

Hi Audree!

I'll be joining you on the South Beach diet when I can eat solids in a few weeks.

BTW, there is a Low Carb Friends board out there somewhere on the net where you can tips on low carb eating. Some of the people there have the band too.

Cool! You can do some meal planning and be so ready in a few weeks!

I am also using Fitday.com to make sure I am getting enough Protein and Water.

1st day on South Beach and I feel pretty good. This is what I had today,

2 hamburger patties w/mustard, pickle and onion

1 8 oz. latte made with 1% milk

1 8 0z. latte made with sugar free soy milk

2 egg omelet made w/asparagus, onion and pesto cheese, yummy

15 almonds.

The first latte I made with 1% milk and the carbs were 16 gr.:cry I knew that I couldn't drink my daily latte with the carbs being so high, I went to the South Beach web site and an article there said that sugar free soy milk is good to use in place of milk for things like latte's or other things that you would add milk to. It also said that it's not that good to drink alone but if you add sweetner to it then it's ok. I had never tried soy milk before and I have to say that I was happy with the taste of my drink, I couldn't tell a difference and it was only 3 carbs. It is a little pricey but I will only be using 8 oz. a day so it will last me a week. I didn't really plan my meals today so tonight I'm going to sit down and figure out a weeks worth of meals. I didn't eat enough vegis today so tomorrow that is going to be a priority for me. Didn't do any exercising today but I will tomorrow.

You guys are doing awesome, I start my pre op diet on the 31st. I will definately join the south beach wagon when I can eat solids. The food sounds yummy and satisfying too!

1st day on South Beach and I feel pretty good. This is what I had today,

2 hamburger patties w/mustard, pickle and onion

1 8 oz. latte made with 1% milk

1 8 0z. latte made with sugar free soy milk

2 egg omelet made w/asparagus, onion and pesto cheese,yummy

15 almonds.

The first latte I made with 1% milk and the carbs were 16 gr.:cry I knew that I couldn't drink my daily latte with the carbs being so high, I went to the South Beach web site and an article there said that sugar free soy milk is good to use in place of milk for things like latte's or other things that you would add milk to. It also said that it's not that good to drink alone but if you add sweetner to it then it's ok. I had never tried soy milk before and I have to say that I was happy with the taste of my drink, I couldn't tell a difference and it was only 3 carbs. It is a little pricey but I will only be using 8 oz. a day so it will last me a week. I didn't really plan my meals today so tonight I'm going to sit down and figure out a weeks worth of meals. I didn't eat enough vegis today so tomorrow that is going to be a priority for me. Didn't do any exercising today but I will tomorrow.

I had a good day too! I had a sirloin patty with cheddar cheese for dinner. I was able to get in 1230 calories and 81 grams of Protein. The fat grams were high at 80. I don't know if they are supposed to be that high. I will have to check. I don't plan or counting calories but I just want to make sure I am getting enough calories in.

I am supposed to start going to the gym tomorrow. So, keep me accountable!

this is what I had today:

Breakfast: coffee with 1/2 cup soymilk and splenda

Lunch: 2 crab patties with mayo/relish

Snack: 2 string cheese

dinner: 1 sirloin patty, 1/2 cup black Beans with cheddar cheese

Liquids: 24 ounces crystal light (after lunch) and I plan on getting at least 24 ounces and more 1 hour after dinner.< /p>

You guys are doing awesome, I start my pre op diet on the 31st. I will definately join the south beach wagon when I can eat solids. The food sounds yummy and satisfying too!

Great! We will be here!

I remember the first time I did south beach and did the 2 week phase 1 I lost like 8 pounds!!! I wonder how much faster I will lose doing the south beach banded than if I was just eating whatever I wanted.

HHMMMMM we will just have to see!!!

I had Lasik eye surgery on Saturday morning and so I was out for the count this weekend. So Susan Beach starts tomorrow. I didn't eat much the last 2 days because I slept a lot.

But I can SEE!!! woohoo