Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My main ones at home now are matrix mint cookie, big train chai tea fit frappes, and nectar unflavored. When I'm on the road I sip on muscle milk lite choc.

HW 358 SW 344 CW 270 RNY 4/11/2013

Hello everyone' date=' What brands and flavors of Protein Shakes do you use and like? I know we all have different tastes but, it would be interesting to know the brands that are most popular. Where did you purchase them?[/quote']

I use whey Protein isolate vanilla creme flavor, I also put in veggies and fruit in it

Just wanted to share that i found this absolute best tasting Protein drink!..Does not have a hint of protein flavor to it...If you LOVE ice coffee...then you will love this!!! http://www.drvita.com/product/syntrax-nectar-whey-protein-isolate-powder-cappuccino-2.2-lbs/8664. I fill my shaker bottle up with 16 oz of Water and ice with two scoops of this. I keep it in the fridge and sip on it throughout the day. For 16 oz it's only 180 calories and 46 grams of protein! I was drinking it all at once...but learned that the body can only absorb a certain amount of protein at a time. Go check it out if you love coffee flavors!!!!

My surgery is scheduled Jan 8. I start my pre op diet in 2days! My husband got me syntha6 Protein Powder. I had no idea how to chose. I feel like it might not be ok. I haven't heard anyone say anything about it. We are on a military base so it seems to be popular for the guys that workout alot but idk if it's right for my needs.

Just wanted to share that i found this absolute best tasting Protein drink!..Does not have a hint of protein flavor to it...If you LOVE ice coffee...then you will love this!!! http://www.drvita.com/product/syntrax-nectar-whey-protein-isolate-powder-cappuccino-2.2-lbs/8664. I fill my shaker bottle up with 16 oz of Water and ice with two scoops of this. I keep it in the fridge and sip on it throughout the day. For 16 oz it's only 180 calories and 46 grams of protein! I was drinking it all at once...but learned that the body can only absorb a certain amount of protein at a time. Go check it out if you love coffee flavors!!!!

I LOVE this too!

My surgery is scheduled Jan 8. I start my pre op diet in 2days! My husband got me syntha6 Protein powder. I had no idea how to chose. I feel like it might not be ok. I haven't heard anyone say anything about it. We are on a military base so it seems to be popular for the guys that workout alot but idk if it's right for my needs.

Make sure it is whey isolate and it should be good.

Make sure it is whey isolate and it should be good.

Thanks! My Dr hasn't said a thing about Protein Drinks. I just want to have everything I need when I am out of the hospital.

Thanks! My Dr hasn't said a thing about Protein drinks. I just want to have everything I need when I am out of the hospital.

Don't get too much though because your tastes can change. Things may be too sweet. Try Nashua Nutrition 's or Bariatric Advantage website. You can order single serving samples. I had ordered many samples and was glad I had a variety. Best wishes to you!

Don't get too much though because your tastes can change. Things may be too sweet. Try Nashua Nutrition 's or Bariatric Advantage or my bariatric pantry website. You can order single serving samples. I had ordered many samples and was glad I had a variety. Matrix and Syntrax Nectar both have awesome flavors that dont taste too much like Protein. Best wishes to you!

I am wondering about the requirements of Protein Shakes, such as grams of carbs, Protein and sugar limits. What are the guidelines?

Thanks

Your body can only absorb 30 grams of protein at a time so anything over that is not necessary. The shakes I buy are all around 5 grams or less of sugar, but I look for 0 grams. Some will have 20 or more grams of sugar and you definitely need to stay away from those. Read every label! ;) Here is the nutritional facts from 2. Hope this helps!

post-189874-0-23545600-1388597028_thumb.png

[ATTACH]39446[/ATTACH]

post-189874-0-55339700-1388597074_thumb.png

[ATTACH]39447[/ATTACH]

Edited by Dorian

I use NOW Foods 100% whey isolate...unflavored. I mix it with Vitamin Water and freeze until icy. There are many choices for protein..I don't like sweets, so flavored shakes grossed me out.. Talk to your nut. to see what their programs requirements are...I'm supposed to get 80 grams of Protein each day. I drink 3 unflavored protein drinks each day...20 g.protein in each one. If you go to GNC, they will let you sample protein drinks. Some protein makers have sample packs. Stay away from Protein Shots, as the protein us not digestible. I hope this helps!

I use NOW Foods 100% whey isolate...unflavored. I mix it with Vitamin Water and freeze until icy. There are many choices for protein..I don't like sweets, so flavored shakes grossed me out.. Talk to your nut. to see what their programs requirements are...I'm supposed to get 80 grams of Protein each day. I drink 3 unflavored protein drinks each day...20 g.protein in each one. If you go to GNC, they will let you sample protein drinks. Some protein makers have sample packs. Stay away from Protein Shots, as the protein us not digestible. I hope this helps!

Where did you get it from i want something that dont have to mix with milk

I order from amazon...also unsure makes unflavored,as well as other manufacturers. I just order mine from Amazon because I get free shipping. If I were you, I wouldn't order large amounts pre op..your tastes may change. Also, mix powders thoroughly to get rid of lumps. I also freeze mine so there's no lumps.

Most Protein powder can be mixed with just Water. I have a mocha Cappuccino one now and it tastes great with water. I used to mix with milk but I find it too heavy. I think it is mostly a matter of taste.