Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

i cant get Protein shakes down thats why i eat the bars instead.

rny 4/6/12 <br />hw 255/cw 215/ gw 140

PB2 is mostly online in my area but can be found in stores

I have tried doing half a shake and still cant. I am only 9 days post op so j cant have bars. Wish I could

I have tried doing half a shake and still cant. I am only 9 days post op so j cant have bars. Wish I could

Does anyone have a problem with dumping from the sugar in Protein drinks?

I was advised that the diet Protein Drinks I was on pre-op are too high in sugar post op. I'm only 5days post op so don't have the personal experience. My friend who is 3.5 years post op, has had the dumping from the higher sugar shakes. Have ordered and am waiting on some bariactric advantage products, including Protein and shakes powders and a protein based vege Soup. I'm in New Zealand, and we are going into winter now, so something warm sounded good. Has anyone else tried this brand. It comes from the states.

Really??? I bought the Protein Shots 4 boxes. The rating was great & ppl that had WLS recommended it. :(

Well they could probably be fine if recommend by others that have gone before or surgery staff. I'm from New Zealand and we don't have all the same products over here.

I just got boost, high Protein, chocolate flavor. I'm new to these so I am going to try a few different ones..

I had the lapband March 31 2 years ago and it didn't work for me but I love the choc truffle Protein power I add it to soy milk. I'm getting the gastric bypass June 6th got my date today.

Just a little info I found about why it's better to by the whey Isolate instead of the whey Protein

The primary difference between isolate Protein and concentrate is that the isolate is more pure. In other words, isolate contains more protein with less fat and lactose per serving. Based on whose figures you go by, whey isolate usually contains between 90-94% protein while whey concentrate has a protein ratio of 70-85%.

Onyx :)

I too heard the Protein Shots had the wrong type of Protein in them. It's not easily digested and used by your body. I was told the protein should be soy or whey based. Mami you might want to check with your provider to see what they recommend.

Does anyone know if muscle milk is ok to drink for a woman. I guy friend said that i couldnt but he didnt make sense to why lol. So if anyone else is drink this pre op let me know i jave yet to try it just in case. Im calling my doc tomorrow lol

Does anyone know if muscle milk is ok to drink for a woman. I guy friend said that i couldnt but he didnt make sense to why lol. So if anyone else is drink this pre op let me know i jave yet to try it just in case. Im calling my doc tomorrow lol

I have been drinking Muscle Milk for quite some time and my dietician said you can also but what I find is the scoops are pretty big. So to get the 32g of Protein with 2 scoops you have to make a bigger shake otherwise it's mega sweet.

Onyx :)