Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The Journey Now Begins

Thanks :-) Can see my typo in the previous post, not wailing for 4+ miles but walking of course, Though feel like wailing sometimes. Fairly steady progress but the big change is I can go to a restaurant with my wife and just drink tea, which is great. Still dont need to eat unnecessarily because not hungry. Love it.

Good luck to you both. I love my new life it's a bit of a struggle in the beginning but well worth it afterwards

Glad to hear all is well!

Wow that's great.

Thanks all for your support, here is my progress report. I am 6'4" and was weighed at 368 Ibs at the op time on April 10. So 39 days later I have am 326 Ibs, a loss of 41 Ibs. My surprise is how easy it has been. I haven't been sick once. I started solid food a couple of weeks early and so far have had only 2 painful episodes when I ate sliced beef and cooked tuna too fast and without a dressing or sauce...well we have to learn. The feeling is just the same as in the old days when I ate too much to fast and it gets stuck, I was always a fast eater.

Today I had meringue without any dumping so I hope I will be able to eat small quantities of sugar without a problem, I hear some get dumping while others don't. So eating has been no problem and I enjoy a full range of foods, including sushi, risotto etc, which has proved that the gastric bypass was a much better choice than the band for me, so no regrets there. The key for me has been the walking, never less than 2 miles (at good pace) everyday. Sometimes up to 7 miles in a day, which has burnt off a mass of calories.

So my body shape has changed already and I get daily positive comments, which is a boost. Of course I get the standard question, do you feel better, which is annoying because the answer is not really, for though I look better I can't say I feel much different. Maybe its happening too fast and the body hasn't caught up as it would with a slow diet loss of the same weight, who knows. So if you are thinking of RNY, I can say that after just over a month I can say this has changed my life 100% and for me I wish I had done it years ago. Good Luck all.

Great job Tor and glad to hear that you're doing so well! I'm pretty much the same as you - people ask all the time if I feel better and truth be told, I felt great pre-op and feel great post-op so dramatic change in that regard. But I have to say mentally is another story. I'm 30 weeks out and have lost 106 and I must say it really adds a lot of zip to your do-dah! :-)

Way to go 30 weeks and 106 Ibs, congrats, that is the sort of loss I am looking for and I look forward to the do-dah bit :-). Thanks.

You're well on your way Tor! Just stay focused on following the protocol and let the weight take care of itself. I try very hard not weigh more often than every two weeks. Not always successful but I try not to. It's an amazing experience isn't it?!

I do weigh myself daily and fill in my records which monitor steps, weight, blood pressure, waist measurement, steps and results of blood tests when done at the doctor. I know this means if I go up or platform it will bother me but I like the progress records and it has allowed me to come off blood pressure and cholestral meds as the doctor trusts I am monitoring it. An yes its an amazing adventure.

Thanks all for your support' date=' here is my progress report. I am 6'4" and was weighed at 368 Ibs at the op time on April 10. So 39 days later I have am 326 Ibs, a loss of 41 Ibs. My surprise is how easy it has been. I haven't been sick once. I started solid food a couple of weeks early and so far have had only 2 painful episodes when I ate sliced beef and cooked tuna too fast and without a dressing or sauce...well we have to learn. The feeling is just the same as in the old days when I ate too much to fast and it gets stuck, I was always a fast eater.

Today I had meringue without any dumping so I hope I will be able to eat small quantities of sugar without a problem, I hear some get dumping while others don't. So eating has been no problem and I enjoy a full range of foods, including sushi, risotto etc, which has proved that the gastric bypass was a much better choice than the band for me, so no regrets there. The key for me has been the walking, never less than 2 miles (at good pace) everyday. Sometimes up to 7 miles in a day, which has burnt off a mass of calories.

So my body shape has changed already and I get daily positive comments, which is a boost. Of course I get the standard question, do you feel better, which is annoying because the answer is not really, for though I look better I can't say I feel much different. Maybe its happening too fast and the body hasn't caught up as it would with a slow diet loss of the same weight, who knows. So if you are thinking of RNY, I can say that after just over a month I can say this has changed my life 100% and for me I wish I had done it years ago. Good Luck all.[/quote']

Hey Tor it's nice to hear from you. I'm glad your doing well. I have lost 36 pounds. My surgery was April 23rd. I don't have any eating problems either. I haven't messed with sugar at all. I'm too scared. The dumping sounds terrible and I don't want any part of it. Lol.

Glad to hear your doing good.

Thanks and way to go Berniec, I remember your pre-op posts, glad it all worked. out.

Way to go tor that's awesome!!

Sent from my iPhone using RNYTalk