Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Well... I'm a band to rny revision. I had my band for 2 yrs 2 months and 25 days. It was 2 yrs, 2 months and 25 days to long. I'm not negative about the band in general, just my band and body did NOT get along.

I went into the RNY at 260 pounds, and am down officially to 189. That's HUGE for me. I was like 13 or 14 when I was last this low, and I hit 40 just a few weeks post op. It's awesome.

Teri

Well... I'm a band to rny revision. I had my band for 2 yrs 2 months and 25 days. It was 2 yrs, 2 months and 25 days to long. I'm not negative about the band in general, just my band and body did NOT get along.

I went into the RNY at 260 pounds, and am down officially to 189. That's HUGE for me. I was like 13 or 14 when I was last this low, and I hit 40 just a few weeks post op. It's awesome.

Teri

Hi Teri,

I haven't had the surgery yet, but I too will be a band to RNY conversion. Congratulations on your weightloss! It is awesome - I agree with you...I too didn't "get along with my band". I guess itially I did, but after about a year I started having complications (other than port revision six weeks out). I hope this board gets up and running, LBT is a good site - hope this one will grow as well.

I look forward to chatting with you - I may have tons of questions...:rolleyes:

Leslie

Me three! My band was a nightmare from the beginning. For two solid years I ate nothing but Soup, salad and oatmeal because all I did was puke, and they never did figure out why. When I finally got my band emptied of all fill, I promptly lost 8lbs merely because I could eat things like chicken again and didn't end up drinking my calories. My band is coming out end of August and I will not shed a single tear over its loss. I will cry over the fact I was a self pay and will continue to pay even though it's gone from my body.

Me three! My band was a nightmare from the beginning. For two solid years I ate nothing but Soup, salad and oatmeal because all I did was puke, and they never did figure out why. When I finally got my band emptied of all fill, I promptly lost 8lbs merely because I could eat things like chicken again and didn't end up drinking my calories. My band is coming out end of August and I will not shed a single tear over its loss. I will cry over the fact I was a self pay and will continue to pay even though it's gone from my body.

I did pretty well with my band (the first year), since then its given me nothing but problems. I'm now to the point everything I eat gets stuck in my throat, I end up sneezing, and coughing and then throwing up (most solids). I know we aren't supposed to drink with our meals but the only way I can get my food (even mushies) to go down is to drink a soda with my food - it expands my pouch enough for the food to go down. It is the lesser of the two evils. My esophogus has stopped working and I have horrible gerd (which the soda doesn't help) - but at least I can eat something that way. I can't wait to have it removed and get on with my life. I was lucky for insurance to pay for mine - but am now trying to come up with all of the co-pays for the hosptail and my doctor. Are you going to get a revision to band?

I never did good with the band. I Lost like 30 pounds total (counting in loosing it multiple times). Then it slipped slightly, they'd empty it. Add back, it's slip again. I got tired of the routine. Ended up being empty the last 8 months I had it, I gained another 30 pounds. It wasn't pretty. But I feel great now that it's gone.

teri

This is awesome that they RNY is working so well!

I'm looking to join the RNY side of weightloss. I too hope this site gets up and going. I just noticed that it just started in June so ......how will they get the word out?

I'm looking to join the RNY side of weightloss. I too hope this site gets up and going. I just noticed that it just started in June so ......how will they get the word out?

I've e-mailed Alex recently about promoting the site and getting it up and going. Wondering why there aren't very many members. I think the few are here are here because of LapBandTalk (the link). He said right now the RNYTalk is in Beta Form. I still can't upload picture (it lets me browse, but there is no upload button). He did reassure me that they are going to start promoting soon. I hope it gets up and going as well - I always like LBT. He also encouraged me to spread the word to members of other forums that aren't happy there...so very little exposure so far (so I percieved).

Problem is if you go to say Obesity dot com and promote this site you'll get chastized for sure me thinks. I look forward to it growing though and I'm glad there are some folks here that are active. We can definitely help each other.

I just had rny surgery on 01/11/12 and I'm looking forward to chatting with you all as well! I've lost 23 lbs so far and I'm looking forward to more and more and a new me for 2012!

I did pretty well with my band (the first year), since then its given me nothing but problems. I'm now to the point everything I eat gets stuck in my throat, I end up sneezing, and coughing and then throwing up (most solids). I know we aren't supposed to drink with our meals but the only way I can get my food (even mushies) to go down is to drink a soda with my food - it expands my pouch enough for the food to go down. It is the lesser of the two evils. My esophogus has stopped working and I have horrible gerd (which the soda doesn't help) - but at least I can eat something that way. I can't wait to have it removed and get on with my life. I was lucky for insurance to pay for mine - but am now trying to come up with all of the co-pays for the hosptail and my doctor. Are you going to get a revision to band?

You do know with a RNY you can't have soda... some say ever, some say for a year

I just had rny surgery on 01/11/12 and I'm looking forward to chatting with you all as well! I've lost 23 lbs so far and I'm looking forward to more and more and a new me for 2012!

You are exactly a year behind me.

I hope you are doing well. The first recovery for me was easy. Then another surgery 6 weeks later made it difficult, then another major surgery in October, and my loss hasn't been all it should be. But I'm getting there. Slow and steady wins the race right?

HI: I am 4 weeks post opp, had a conversion from lap band to RNY by-pass. Had nothing but trouble with the band from the beginning. Could not eat anything but puried foods and even those gave me trouble. Was 210 lbs before surgery and 189 now. Feeling great and eating small amounts, no indegestion, no nausea and no vomiting but a very dry throat/mouth. Anyone have the dry throat/mouth syndrome?

still working on getting my RNY. Have to lose 20 pounds and now with an insurance change I have to start over. UGH. Hopefully I'll get there by June this year. What a long journey. I wish you all the best with yours :)