Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Albany, New York....?

<Tap, tap tap>

Is this thing on???

LOL - It's quiet in here... here... here...

Well, after an almost three year hiatus, I went back to work this week. I am working downtown on Elk Street from 9-2 and I love it. It was a great week. I walked the concourse a lot and dropped another three pounds this week, bringing my total to 60 pounds since surgery!

A couple weeks ago, I saw a courtesy post on a local dog adoption site about a blind pit bull and I fell in love. I couldn't stop thinking about her. My daughter and I went to meet her yesterday and she is amazing. She was born without eyes so she's never known sight. She has no idea that she's different. Things are looking good for us and I hope to bring her home to be with us within the next couple of weeks. There's a process, especially with a blind dog, and we're using the help of an animal behaviorist/trainer.

<Tap, tap tap>

Is this thing on???

LOL - It's quiet in here... here... here...

Well, after an almost three year hiatus, I went back to work this week. I am working downtown on Elk Street from 9-2 and I love it. It was a great week. I walked the concourse a lot and dropped another three pounds this week, bringing my total to 60 pounds since surgery!

A couple weeks ago, I saw a courtesy post on a local dog adoption site about a blind pit bull and I fell in love. I couldn't stop thinking about her. My daughter and I went to meet her yesterday and she is amazing. She was born without eyes so she's never known sight. She has no idea that she's different. Things are looking good for us and I hope to bring her home to be with us within the next couple of weeks. There's a process, especially with a blind dog, and we're using the help of an animal behaviorist/trainer.

I was thinking the same thing LOL!

Any updates from anyone?

Anyone?

Why hello there! I don't have much to report. I go for my 3 month follow up tomorrow and will get my Vitamin levels and blood work results. I have no issues with foods at all which bothers me BC at least if I had an issue I'd be able to avoid certain things. NOPE!! Still haven't had a salad yet but I think after tomorrow that's the first thing I'm hitting up!! On my scale at home I am down 37 lbs in 3 months. Kyle has really helped me a lot, I was getting so damn frustrated from being at a stall for an entire month I was ready to throw my towel in. But now I'm getting a better grip on things and the scale moved a whole lb! Better than nothing though!!! How are you feeling brick? Wth is your real name? Lol... You look freaking awesome!!

Kris, there would be something wrong if you weren't nervous! You are taking control of your health and your future and that's huge. You are going to do great!

Julie, you're doing amazing! By the way, my name is Penny. I would recommend chopped salad to start with, just so you don't have trouble with any big pieces of anything. I love salad. I had an episode today with granola, so I can safely say I won't be trying it again any time in the near future! It was terrible. I still feel woozy. It was a textbook dump. Dizzy, shaky, lightheaded, nauseated, cold sweats, palpitations... it was terrible. These things happen. I'm not quite 4 months out and I am still learning.

Anyone heard from Kyle lately? Is he still in the hospital?

Hey all!!!

I haven't checked into BP since my surgery week in February. I would have to say I have come across two issues since the surgery.

1. I have become just terrible at getting my fluids in. Pre-surgery I was a diet soda/coffee drinker. On the plus side all my headaches are gone.

2. I have no found the optimal calorie intake for weight loss. I can go days with 600 calories and no loss but then one day have two pounds off with no rhyme or reason. Can anyone suggest a good NUT? I am not going back to Lamanski.

What Support groups is everyone attending?

It's been great hearing everyone's success.

I had an episode today with granola, so I can safely say I won't be trying it again any time in the near future! It was terrible. I still feel woozy. It was a textbook dump. Dizzy, shaky, lightheaded, nauseated, cold sweats, palpitations... it was terrible. These things happen. I'm not quite 4 months out and I am still learning.

I had two episodes of dumping two years before surgery. Both times were from eating something high in corn Syrup and nothing else for too long (one was Dum Dums).

Since surgery I have been religious about reading labels so I figured I wouldn't have a problem WRONG!!!!!

I mixed Kashi Go with a Dannon Lite & Fit. WHOLLY CRAP!!! That was a terrible experience. Never again. Live and learn I guess.

I'm so nervous, I have an appt with Lemanski coming up and I should have lost 8 to 10lbs by now and I'm ONLY down 1lb!

I'm afraid I'm going to be yelled at :-\

I only recently saw the dietician, wish I saw her earlier

I'm so nervous, I have an appt with Lemanski coming up and I should have lost 8 to 10lbs by now and I'm ONLY down 1lb!

I'm afraid I'm going to be yelled at :-\

I only recently saw the dietician, wish I saw her earlier

Don't feel too bad. I ended up rescheduling my appointment.

I would suggest you reschedule also. It's going to be pointless to see him if you haven't completed your goal. He isn't going to give you any good pointers.

Hello Albany members..Even though I have been lurking on this site for a few months, this is my first post. Just wanted to introduce myself. My lap-band will be removed on 4/14 and my sleeve will be done on 5/19. This has been quite the whirlwind for me. I had my band placed in Oct 2008 and lost 45 pounds during the first year . I have been able to maintain the weight loss mainly because the band made me bulimic - unless I ate slider foods. I did not go for a follow-up almost 2 years because I knew I was not on track or following the program. I also had multiple ankle surgeries over 2011 & 2012 which put my band on the back burner) So in Jan 2014 I decided to go for a follow up just to make sure the band was not slipped etc.I had no issues other than the ability to eat anything of substance. That was 1/30 and two months later I am scheduled for band /sleeve revision. I had no intention of doing this sleeve when I went to see my dr ..I really did not even know what it was. But after a lot of research I have decided this was the path for me. I decided to stop lurking in the shadows because I wanted to thank everyone for posting their stories and taking the time to answer everyone's questions. This forum was an incredible resource for me !!

Hi Julie...

I read a bunch of your posts and they provided a lot of info & encouragement- so thanks for that !

I have my pre-op appt. this week at Albany Med for the band removal surgery- can't wait for step one to be over !