Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just putting it out there, so 'dirty' little secrets may see the light of day!

Frig sakes!!! Mashed potatoes are from the devil...loaded with sour cream and butter and beaten to a nice fluffy consistency and then topped with swiss chalet gravy you make at home yourself...Gawd!!! Yah im on purees/soft foods...but man oh man..mashed potatoes and gravy..1/2 cup plus 4tbsp of gravy...goes down WAYYYY too easily!!!! Never seem to get full on it!! I think im going to ban mashed potatoes..Now i wonder if fries would end up causing the same issue!!!

Ssssssslider....

Have you ever had smashed potatoes with sour cream and dill.....with a pork roast to die for....sorry I brought that up!!!! :(

Big ole piece of cake, with nasty thick icing. pretzels. Fried wontons. All in the last hour. Frig!!!

Earlier, cheese sandwich crackers.

Not my day.

Tomorrow will be better.

LOL This has been my favorite thread to read. I guess I have been pretty good, but have done some bad things as well.

Drank 3 bottles of wine in one night & got so drunk that I ate 2 pieces of cake

Ate a donut from Krispy Kreme (I dont even like donuts)

Smoked some "green" and ate 3 crunchy tacos from Taco Bell (munchies haha)

I do occasionally eat chips & salsa, but my limit is 6 chips.

This is candy corn. Pretty much pure sugar! One of my favorites :-)
mmmm candy corn let me help you to finish it..

I'm only 2 months out. And not eating fresh veggies is driving me nuts! So I ate tomatoes without the seeds and I took a few bites of a pickle because I needed to have pickle! I used a tortilla as a vessel to squeeze my Beans up to my mouth while driving... And yeah I took a small bite of the tortilla! But was already full with the few bites of beans it looked like I threw away the whole bean burrito. Oh and I drink green tea iced threw a straw..

Last night I downed three Oreos from the mini bar in my hotel room. Hey, it was either that or m&ms! Or the copious amounts of liquor, wine and beer....at only 2.5 months out I was afraid of the alcohol.

Last night I downed three Oreos from the mini bar in my hotel room. Hey' date=' it was either that or m&ms! Or the copious amounts of liquor, wine and beer....at only 2.5 months out I was afraid of the alcohol.[/quote']

I'm afraid if alcohol too, but I never drank much to begin with.

Oh goodness, so many secrets, so little time ... LOL

I drink soda ...

I eat carbs ...

I ate real food three days early ...

I eat sugar

I know there are more, LOL, but I can't think of any!!

I'm afraid if alcohol too, but I never drank much to begin with.

Oh yeah! Alcohol!! LOL I drink hard cider, wine, beer ...

I get tipsy a lot quicker though, and I learned the hard way that it's a lot easier to overindulge ...

Oh yeah! Alcohol!! LOL I drink hard cider' date=' wine, beer ...

I get tipsy a lot quicker though, and I learned the hard way that it's a lot easier to overindulge ...[/quote']

Lol I can imagine it is.

So, I understand this is a
venting thread
AND this is something done
RARELY
and not a habit, but remember, people only change when they make a change. Bottom line folks, I don't want to see any of y'all crying 6 months from now that the scale isn't moving, yet these same behaviors are continuing. If someone is struggling with weight loss 6 months from now, I'm going to point them to this thread.

Just like I wouldn't advise an alcoholic to just have a shot on a rare occasion, IMO, this is a dangerous thread.

Yeah, we don't have issues with food, do we?

OK, y'all can flame me now.

As you appeared to miss the point of the thread, I'll repeat it for you....

"Okay, so, since I've been frequenting this virtual bariatric world, there appear to be a few issues which seem to ignite much debate and throw the most meekly devised threads into huge ego-centric 'flaming' exercises. Not only do I, personally, find this predictably boring; it is also deeply unhelpful. We all know that this process changes or should change, how we do and view things to do with food and wider health issues, forever. As such, it takes a bit of getting used to.

The prospect of having to adapt our long-held behaviours is scary and our little food related rituals? They are tough bleedin' Cookies to break. (My apologies for mentioning the 'C' word there)

Consequently, I'm a big believer in the adage that 'skeletons in the cupboard' are no longer 'skeletons', if they are dragged out into the light of day. (Normally kicking and screaming with the neighbours looking on in horror)

So, roll-up, roll-up. Consider this an online bariatric confessional!

There'll be no 'Hail Mary's' or 'Our Fathers' and flagellation will NOT and should not be forthcoming.

I want you to tell us your 'dirty' little bariatric secrets.

What did you do? Why did you do it? (and I will refrain from asking 'with whom?' you did it!) How did it make you feel afterwards? Did you resolve to never do it again - or indeed, did you think that actually, everything in moderation is not so bad after all? "

No flaming required. I think the last paragraph makes the objective patently clear...

I did not miss the point of the thread ... I think you missed the point of my response. Are you unable to see the point of my response objectively? You seem to frequently think I am attacking you, but nothing could be further from the truth.

So, let me ask you ... how well are people responding to the last paragraph? Like you said, it was patently clear, but can you not see that the responses have strayed away from the original post? Have you been reading the responses, even?

Madam, I am not attacking you or your original post, so please don't get so defensive.

Objectivity, please.

Maybe it's your turn of phrase...

"Just like I wouldn't advise an alcoholic to just have a shot on a rare occasion, IMO, this is a dangerous thread."

Maybe it's your overlooking this statement:

"There'll be no 'Hail Mary's' or 'Our Fathers' and flagellation will NOT and should not be forthcoming"

and coming forth with a statement of this nature:

"Bottom line folks, I don't want to see any of y'all crying 6 months from now that the scale isn't moving, yet these same behaviors are continuing. If someone is struggling with weight loss 6 months from now, I'm going to point them to this thread.'

I understand the genuine motive behind your post - and it is laudable. However, due to the primary reason this thread was composed, I found your well-intentioned post ill-placed.

If people have chosen to not delve too deeply into 'why' they have chosen to consume something and 'how' it made them feel afterwards - that is their prerogative. The core tenet still remains, that it's a place where there is no judgement - rightly or wrongly - for the occasional strays they have. There is comfort in knowing you're not alone in your struggles - it is what makes us human, after all.

That, I believe, is objectivity...

Urgh just when I thought I found a funny, non-judgemental thread on here.....