Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need all the information I can get

Hi everyone!

I am considering this surgery because ive exhausted all options. Ive tried every weight loss attempt from hydroxycut to advocare to slimquick to dumping all the pills and just clean eating and a hiit workout routine 6 days a week. I am a newlywed to my husband who is in the air force and what pains me the most is even though ive been with him throughout highschool and 2 years of college i cannot feel confident enough to be intimate with him without looking at myself in the mirror and wanting to throw up. I just see someone who is not me staring back at me and i wanna change. I need a life change i wanna be able to have my husband pick me up and carry me around and be someone to be proud of. Be a healthier person for me and my family and i feel this surgery is it. In the last 5 years ive gone from 150-160 to 250 pounds. Im 5 foot 9 and my family has a history of diabetes , high blood pressure, high cholesterol, sleep apnea and so forth. And im on the borderline of it all. My question is do u think ill be a candidate am i crazy for wanting this surgery? Am i too young? What do i have to do? Please all advice is much appreciated. Thank you!

First off this site is so full of information that I'm sure it will be a great help to you.The number one thing to remember is mentally you have to be ready to make the change. The sleeve is a tool not an answer, if you are mentally prepared, have researched and are willing to go through the pre op hurdles, then there is no reason you can't go to a seminar, view some support sites and determine if this is the journey you are ready to take. I'm 6 days post surgery and so excited I'm down 12 lbs. whatever decision you make good luck.

Welcome! I agree so much info at your fingertips! You will become obsessed! Can't wait to follow your journey!

research this site. See what your insurance requires pre op and will pay for. Start NOW to work on your head issues (cause the sleeve won't fix that!). AND ask any questions anytime.

Kgregory

Check out the military treatment facility options were you are stationed. I'm at McChord Field and Madigan Army Medical Center is where I had my surgery, they have pre and post op support groups that meet weekly and a whole Barriatric Education program that is available only to spouses and retirees (active duty are not authorized to have this type of surgery). Your Primary Care Physician will have to refer you to the Barriatric Surgeon, but once that has been done you are on track... If this is the choice you choose. The big sleeve book advertised on this site was one source I used when I was looking to make my decission. There are many books on the subject by both docs and patients. This site has great info and lots of people willing to talk about the good and bad...best of luck to you.

Kgregory

Check out the military treatment facility options were you are stationed. I'm at McChord Field and Madigan Army Medical Center is where I had my surgery, they have pre and post op support groups that meet weekly and a whole Barriatric Education program that is available only to spouses and retirees (active duty are not authorized to have this type of surgery). Your Primary Care Physician will have to refer you to the Barriatric Surgeon, but once that has been done you are on track... If this is the choice you choose. The big sleeve book advertised on this site was one source I used when I was looking to make my decission. There are many books on the subject by both docs and patients. This site has great info and lots of people willing to talk about the good and bad...best of luck to you.

Having the procedure and following the plan you will lose weight. Losing weight will initially address the medical issues your facing. However, long term success, the procedure will give you a great tool, the rest of the journey to a happy healthy you..is all up to you.