Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

UK Local Lap-Band Support

I think we all have that fear within us. It's only natural we have taken a drastic step to regain control and no matter how much we protest. Part of us did believe that the band was the cure all.

It takes time and commitment and a lot of work to be able to use the band properly. I think that is why the docs tend to say 'it will take a year for the real results to be felt.'

It's a gentle warning and makes any big loss or change of shape that extra bit special! While, stopping us from beating ourselves up totally if we put on a lb or two!

Please let us be happy and slim!! I know weight shouldn't make any difference and I am constantly chastising my kids at school and my own children for making assumptions on a person simply from the way they look... but honestly I feel so much more confident when I'm less heavy, and like I can get on with life. This op has been drastic for me (like everyone on here) and I'm so fearful that it'll just end up being another failure for me.

"Please God, if you can't make me slim, make all my friends fat!":think

Wea re NOT going to fail...how can we with our trusty bands and each other to lean on???? :)

Dear All,

Thanks so much Saggi, wow you are near Winchester, I'm about a 2hr drive away (live in the Purbecks) thank you for offering to come and visit me, thats so sweet of you! I'm lucky as hubby and my 2 children are coming up with me on Monday, and will wait around, they'll probably go and visit the city there, then hubby will pick me up on the Tuesday. Poor you, going all the way to Belguim on your own, and with a painful foot too.

Well I am nervous guys. Today I went out and bought £10 worth of magazines for hospital, lol, my kids will probably appriciate them!!

Speak to you all soon, I'll post and let you know how I got on, just got to get through the weekend now....

Sara x

Well I had my surgery on Monday, god I ache like hell. I was in theater for 3.5 hrs, apparently they had some complications cos my liver is so big . All I know folks Im pleased to be home, cant breath properly yet, more of a shallow breathing, jut been sleeping and sleeping!

Sara x

Hi sara Hang in there its only a couple of days untill you start feeling better. I had problems with breathing but i think its because the port is near the lungs but after about 4-5 days it gets easier. try an extra pillow when sleeping

Glad to have you back Sara. sleep really is the best answer. I didn't realise it could affect your breathing. Still you learn something new everyday!

Rest up and welcome :o

Suzanne xxx

Well I had my surgery on Monday, god I ache like hell. I was in theater for 3.5 hrs, apparently they had some complications cos my liver is so big . All I know folks Im pleased to be home, cant breath properly yet, more of a shallow breathing, jut been sleeping and sleeping!

Sara x

Hei Sara.

Congrats! U r one of us now. And now there's only way your weight will go is down......down.....and further down....... Now doesnt that sounds good! Give it a week and you should start feeling better. Remember, u just had a major surgery, all the equipments poking around inside you. sleep is one way our body cope with our any major changes in our body. So sleep and relax away.

Welcome to the losing side Sara! I wish you a speedy recovery and a good shrinkage of your liver as your weight goes down!!!

Dear All,

Thanks for your encouragement! I feel a lot better today, wow it was a lot more painful than i thought though! My breathings a lot better today, it was like something cleared inside my lungs.

Ive started walking a bit more now, still mostly drinking Water, but have had a few small Soups too.

Looking forward to losing the weight now!!! :)

Love Sara x

Hi All,

Happy Easter folks!

Im feeling tons better since the op on Monday, still a little breathless, but soooo much better :girl_hug:

When I got back home I did get on the scales, and Id actually put weight on, lol, I know it was only Fluid, but still :paranoid anyway today I got on the scales and Ive lost 9lbs, (yep I know its only Fluid coming away) but it gave me a real high this am, I dont think Ive ever in my entire life lost weight like that. I'll weigh again on Monday and see what it says after a week. How often do you all weigh? Also, when does the weight loss slow down, after the first month?

You all have a great Easter!

Hugs Sara :(

Happy Easter Sara,

Well done on losing 9lbs. Thats common in the 1st week. I lose 1stone too. Unfortunately, I put them all back once I went back to solid, and only started losing back the 1stone after my 2nd fill. And it wasnt until my 4th (or was it 5th?) that I started losing my 2nd stone. Im on a plateau now, only bcos I carve sweet desert cos I cant eat. The band does not change one's craving and bad eating habits. So its going to take me longer to combat it. Good thing is I only have 1 more stone to go, or 2stone maximum if I want to be realy slim. So Im taking my time getting use to eating less food. Unfortunately as I suffers from an underactive thyroid which means I hv very verly low metabolism, losing weight is very difficult for me. I need to go to the gym. U r doing well as u r starting to walk. Thats good. As for weighting, I weight myself nearly everyday. Its really individual preference. The downsite to this is when I put on (inst of staying plateau) I would get very discourage and end up eating a very high cal desert. (Very bad indeed) but the good thing is when I see I hv put on, I would make an effort to cut down and lose it straightaway the next day, which usually works. Many others I believe weight themselves once a week. Its whatever work best for you. Hv a good easter.

I know I should only weigh once a week but I weigh morning and evening everyday. It's kind of an obsession and I hope to get it under control. I take my weight loss for the week from Saturday am to Saturday am. I lost 4.5lbs this week so I am well chuffed!