Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Well I have everything scheduled and am very excited! But this Thursday I have to have an EDG. A little nervous about it. Have any one you had this procedure done?

I'm not sure what it is?

It's where my doctor puts a scope down my esophagus and checks out stomach to make sure all is good. I was told it wouldn't take long. But just worried about pain...

If you mean an endoscopy, I had mine 2 days ago. The only trouble is the IV! And my nurse was great. Tell them you're nervous. They do conscious sedation, which best as I can figure is enough of one med to get you chill, they spray the back of your throat with numbing stuff (which I don't even remember) and it takes roughly 15 min...the other drug they give you makes you forget the whole thing:-). It's awesome. So I don't remember the Dr coming in, the spray, the scope, nothing. Literally. Wake up groggy with a little sore throat but nothing crazy. They took biopsies on me and removed a couple polyps. My refux flared up a little like someone was messing around down there for the next day. All in all, a lot of worry over nothing.

I had one done a couple of years ago and all I remember is that they put the IV in, and asked me to count back from 100. So, 100, 99, 98....... Next thing I know, they were waking me up. My throat was scratchy for a couple of days, but no big whoop.

Had one a couple weeks ago.. Worst part is that awful spray.. Last thing I remember is my dr saying "you may not even remember this conversation".. Next thing I new I was on my way home lol

Just had mine. No issues. A little sore throat. That's it! Good luck!

Suchsh--- here is a post about my endoscopy that i posted 7/29 it detailed about my experience hope it helps

Posted July 29, 2013 - 7:48 AM

So i finally had my egd this past friday. i wanted to post about it with details for anyone who is so scared to have this done as i was. It really was a peice of cake!

It took about 15mins. I went in and they gave me an i.v. then they asked me to turn on my side. They put something in my mouth to bite down on gently (i guess so they could insert the scope).

I remember looking at my dr he was holding the tubing and the camera and i was thinking im not gonna be able to do this. Then the other dr said we are going to make you sleepy now. Thats the last thing i remember. I dont remember getting drowsy or anything. All of a sudden i was dreaming about taking my daughters to school. I dreamed that i was drinking something and that it had trickled down the side of my cheek. The next thing i knew they were waking me up telling me it was done. The trickle i felt was actually a little drool lol....So it really was so easy i had all that worry for nothing.

I was pretty loopy afterward for a while. I also made the mistake of eating a regular dinner right afterward. Be careful with that b/c i ate so heavily that i was uncomfortable for the rest of the night. i could just feel it sitting in my stomach.

Hope this helps! Good luck

Thanks for this post. I'm having mine October 4th!

I had mine 2 weeks ago. It turns out I have a hiatal hernia that will be repaired simultaneously. The procedure takes like 2 minutes for the doctor. You will be under for about 10 to 15 minutes max. No worries, simple painless procedure.

Now there was some pain with the IV. In my case they put it in the back of my hand, that did hurt. And then the actual sleep medicine hurt the IV site, it only hurt/burned for 2 seconds because I fell asleep but I remember it. The burning was not a surprise though, all the nurses kep saying it would.

So to conclude: there is some pain...minimal pain...but you don't have anything to worry about, it is quick and simple.

Yep. With the I.V. there is going to be a little prick. My ex-husbands were little pricks!

Well I have everything scheduled and am very excited! But this Thursday I have to have an EDG. A little nervous about it. Have any one you had this procedure done?

Just had mine on Thursday 9/26...didn't feel a thing in/out in abt a hour. You'll do fine! Best of luck