Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Day 5 of pre-op diet....

Surgery scheduled for October 2nd! Ive gotta say, this pre-op thing isnt nearly as bad as I thought it was going to be! Not craving food, dont miss food. My pre-op consists of 3 instant carnation breakfasts wit simply smart milk, unlimited teas, crystal lights, sugar free pops and sugar free jello....one cup of broth a day, one lowfat yogurt or sugar free pudding a day (I use the pudding mix in my carnation Breakfast drink to make it a shake consistency instead) and one serving of fruit a day....and I drink tons of water! Not hungry at all....lost about 13lbs in the last 5 days....feel good, lots of energy....this has been way too easy that its scary! When does it start getting hard? Anyone ever get tired within the pre-op diet of the same thing over and over....? Just curiius as to what to expect.....

I got bored quickly with the pre-op and the early post-op diet. I just got bored with liquids, but fortunately it gets better. Sounds like it's working well for you though, so keep up the good work!!

Day # 5 of pre-op here too... I've had a few moments of food mourning, I began reading a great book on food addiction .. Because I am finally ready to admit that I am a food addict. So far, the Isopure chocolate Protein Shakes have been great - I'm allowed to have 1/2 cup of cottage cheese in between meals .. Which helps w hunger... And of course lots o water!

I got bored quickly with the pre-op and the early post-op diet. I just got bored with liquids' date=' but fortunately it gets better. Sounds like it's working well for you though, so keep up the good work!![/quote']

Luckily, I get to have fruit which helps with the need to have something to chew and crunch on. But what did you do once u started to get tired of the liquids?

Day # 5 of pre-op here too... I've had a few moments of food mourning' date=' I began reading a great book on food addiction .. Because I am finally ready to admit that I am a food addict. So far, the Isopure chocolate Protein shakes have been great - I'm allowed to have 1/2 cup of cottage cheese in between meals .. Which helps w hunger... And of course lots o water![/quote']

Whats the name of the book?

Luckily, I get to have fruit which helps with the need to have something to chew and crunch on. But what did you do once u started to get tired of the liquids?

Honestly, I just waited it out, and then I was fine once I got to move to pureed foods. I just kind of dealt with it...only had to do liquids for about a week after surgery.

I'm October 1st! My preop is strictly liquid with the exception of SF popsicles & SF Jello. Today is by far the toughest day I've had. I'm not at work, we're running errands, soccer later, etc. I just want food because I do, not because I'm hungry. I will NOT cave!! I will do this because it's a better quality of life for me! I have no doubts, like I said just want it.

Hello Everyone. My surgery date is October 3. I'm having serious food cravings. While at work, I do extremely good with eating my one meal the doctor instructed but at home is really a challenge. Any suggestions?

Honestly' date=' I just waited it out, and then I was fine once I got to move to pureed foods. I just kind of dealt with it...only had to do liquids for about a week after surgery.[/quote']

Looks like I am gon have to wait it out too :-( how far out are you?

Hello Everyone. My surgery date is October 3. I'm having serious food cravings. While at work' date=' I do extremely good with eating my one meal the doctor instructed but at home is really a challenge. Any suggestions?[/quote']

I would keep myself busy. I sip on my shakes n Water as long as I could....and while im sipping and filling up wit the liquids, ull b less hungry! At least I am....good luck sweetie!

I'm October 1st! My preop is strictly liquid with the exception of SF popsicles & SF Jello. Today is by far the toughest day I've had. I'm not at work' date=' we're running errands, soccer later, etc. I just want food because I do, not because I'm hungry. I will NOT cave!! I will do this because it's a better quality of life for me! I have no doubts, like I said just want it.[/quote']

Same here....my son plays football, n their school's snack shack is the best in the whole North Shore....idk how hard its gon b tomorrow at his game! But im in it to win it lol, we've gotten this far to cave in....we can do this!

Today is my 5th day on Clear Liquids. It has gotten easier I just feel so sad I don't know if it's because I'm sick over what I have done to myself or because I feel like I'm lost. I have a great support system I just need to buck up I'm having surgery on the 24th of this month. I'm trying to stay positive because I want my life back I just feel alone and I know I'm not because I have all of you great people on here. So thanks for letting me read your posts!

Whats the name of the book?

Shades of Hope: How to Treat Your Addiction to food. Author- T. McCarty

Same here....my son plays football' date=' n their school's snack shack is the best in the whole North Shore....idk how hard its gon b tomorrow at his game! But im in it to win it lol, we've gotten this far to cave in....we can do this![/quote']

How did it go? I made it through the weekend! I started my liquids 9/17 & today diarrhea hit me really bad. Has this happened to anyone?

Today is my 5th day on clear liquids. It has gotten easier I just feel so sad I don't know if it's because I'm sick over what I have done to myself or because I feel like I'm lost. I have a great support system I just need to buck up I'm having surgery on the 24th of this month. I'm trying to stay positive because I want my life back I just feel alone and I know I'm not because I have all of you great people on here. So thanks for letting me read your posts!

You can do this! Tomorrow is your day! Best of luck!