Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March 2007 Bandsters

Thanks Lindsay!!! I am counting down the hours now! YIPPEEEE!!! :clap2:

Good luck tomorrow.I will be thinking of you,as I get my band tomorrow also.

Keep up the great job of keeping track of everybody:clap2: :clap2:

Have a restfull weekend . The time is finally here:nervous :nervous :nervous

Congrat to all that have been banded this Month so Far. This seems like a very busy month. I was surprised to hear that my clinic does 6-8 of these surgerys a day.I would have never thought that many.

Good Luck to Tammy and all the others going tomorrow. I will be there with my DH at 6:30 in the am. Oh my but I would rather sleep! However, I am very excited for him to have this done and then my turn will be here before I know it.

He has already lost 30 pounds because he has totally adopted a new way of eating and is being very supportive of my pitiful 5 pound loss. (But 12 1/2 inches too!)

Could somone please tell me what "PB" is? I keep coming up with a variety of options, and some of them aren't so nice!

I have a surgery date! I'm getting my band and hernia surgery on monday the 19th of march. I'm quite new to this site, I actually just joined two days ago. :clap2:

FurEllie, I can totally relate. My pants are still tight around the waist, though looser in the legs/butt area. I usually always lose my stomach first too. You're right......must be the swelling. Though I have noticed my back rolls are a little smaller :)

I'm down 12 lbs since my surgery. Whoo hoo! I cannot tell you how excited I was when I stepped on the scale Monday morning.

However ... my problem must be swelling as well (at least I hope it is). I wore these pants to work today, and it was just ridiculous. They were actually snug across my stomach ... but in back -- they just would not stay up. I felt like my entire backside must have disappeared somewhere. I realize I shouldn't be complaining, but I'd much prefer to lose it from the front, not the back, and I've never had my pants randomly fall off my backside when I've lost weight in the past. I keep wanting to do ab excersizes to encourage my stomach to leave me, but I realize that's a really bad plan as I'm am no where near healed yet.

However, I have little to no pain any more (I did sneeze a couple of days after the surgery and I cursed - loudly ... I swear it's the worst pain I've ever been in), and it's amazing how normal it's all become. It's funny to read over the posts filled with anxiety and question and excitement, because I felt it all, and obsessed over it all. I hasn't even been quite two weeks yet, and it all just seems so normal now.

I, too, was given Jello in the hospital the day of my surgery. I've pretty much been living on jello and cottage cheese since the surgery (only added cottage cheese a 1 week post). I can technically go to mushies right now (which I guess cottage cheese is, but I could add eggs or mashed potatoes or even tuna if I wanted) but I'm sticking with my week 1 diet. I guess like so many others I'm afraid I'll lose my self-control once I return to regular foods. Also, my doctor does not allow fills until six weeks out, so I figure the longer I can wait to have real food, the more I'll appreciate them, and won't tire of it before I get my fill. And if my body feels satisfied on Tomato Soup and cottage cheese right now, who am I to argue?

I do not get enough protien, and I do not get enough Water. These things I know. I've totally lacked in taking either since going back to work on Monday. I need to fix this as I'm only hurting myself.

To Tammy and everyone else being banded tomorrow - BEST OF LUCK!

By the way - I'm not a big fan of Tomato Soup as it tastes like Spagetti-Os without the Os. But ... I got a Campbell's Select Gold Label Soup that was Italian Tomato with Basil and Garlic. This has to be one of the single most delicious things I've ever tasted. I love and adore it.

When I eat, I get this feeling, kind of like a pressure in my chest - almost like the start of heartburn (I assume a signal that I'm done). I ate a full cup and a half of tomato soup the other day (way too much) and I regretted it. I didn't get sick or anything, just felt bloated (funny that a bit of soup can make me feel the way a gigantic McDonald's meal used to). Today I was eating cottage cheese and I didn't want to stop eating it because it tasted good, but I got the feeling again and remembered the lesson I'd learned. I had eaten almost 1 cup (and, bad me, it was the only thing I ate all day today). I have a hard time balancing work and eating. It's amazing and fabulous and an all-out miracle that I can feel full and satisified with less than a cup of cottage cheese.

PB means Productive Burp. I've never experienced it myself (knock on wood) but I looked up all the shortcut terms on here once so I could follow easier.

LARA-YES,YES,YES that sneeze almost killed me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have that same pressure you feel in your chest-sometimes I just have to burp!!!!!!

Good luck everyone!!!

:wow2: is all I can say....I've just ben reading the last 3 pages, I cannot belive how much weight some of you have lost already! That is Soooooo encouraging.

Lara: you made me laugh so much re: 'I felt like my entire backside must have disappeared somewhere' that sounds great to me....I know what you mean though want it to go from your tummy first though, cos I would too. It does concern me too about balancing work and food, as I work away so much from home, I dont know how Im going to cope, I guess I'll have to nip out to the shops and buy microwavable Soup, and yogurts?

Also, what is Jello? Is it jelly (crystles disovled in Water and it sets?)

Have a great day everyone!

Yes Jello is jelly. Though in the states we call jam jelly too-- well technically there is a difference, but I won't go into it. And our chips are the same as crisps and our fries are chips. One food I could go for is Peanut Butter. Though cottage cheese does sound heavenly to me as well. But it will be a while before I move on to food-- Clear Liquids the next day or two and then I think its other liquids for the rest of the week maybe two weeks and then mushies. I'd have to look it up in the booklet. But I know clear liquids through tomorrow at least. And in order to get my booklet I would have to stoop over and dig through stuff so I will really be having my DH get it out for me tomorrow. I also told him he might have to take tomorrow off of work to take care of me. He orginally planned on going at least for a while and also working from home and just comming back if I needed him but since it hurts a lot more than I was expecting it to I think I might need him here a bit longer, like with help with getting up and stuff if nothing else. Today after I went to the bathroom I was pulling my trousers back up but oops I dropped them and I had him help me with that because I was having an extra sore moment waiting for pain killer to kick in and I so didn't want to have to sit back down and I wasn't going to bend over. And my heating pad is always on-- I just move it whatever area needs it the most.

Normally I have an ok to high pain threshold. And having fibro I figure thats pretty good since my anesthiologist says people with fibro feel pain differently and all, but after enough practice... But this just really hurts. LOL. I'm such a wimp. I think it will be better once the swelling goes down. Its also strange to look at the swollen parts of my belly sticking out further.

Thanks Kyethra, re the Jello question! :) How are you finding just sticking to soup/shakes? I think I'll have to stock up soon, I was talking to hubby last night saying I ought to buy in x y & z etc, I havent got a heating pad, Ive got a hot water bottle and hope that will do, but I guess it will be heavy on a sore stomach. He actually surprised me because he said he's actually booked the week off (from the 2nd of April; its easter week-good Friday that week, so its a public holiday here) I thought he was only going to take 2 days off, 1 to take me in on the day, 2 to take me home the next day, its a good idea to have him around just incase, my youngest daughter will be around too, so it will be lovely to be at home with them :)

I'm on the count down now, 2 weeks on Monday....its begining to get VERY close!

TammyJ - 03/15

Scarlett - 03/15

ohiobluegal - 03/15

Rosi - 03/15

sushiqwn's DH - 03/15

WOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

:welcomeB: sharrism, pianoplayer, and charsweb!!! Congratulations and best wishes to all of you!!!

TammyJ - 03/15

Scarlett - 03/15

ohiobluegal - 03/15

Rosi - 03/15

sushiqwn's DH - 03/15

WOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Thinking of you today and wishing you well!

TammyJ WE WILL MISS YOU AROUND HERE TODAY! Can't wait to hear your report!

To everyone else!!!!!!!!!!! WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOO!

6 weeks from today I will FINALLY Be there!:)