Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March 2007 Bandsters

Tammy

Could you switch my date to March 20. I was on March 21, but was bumped up a day.

No problem, one day makes all the difference in this waiting game! :(

Yeah Tammy! I'm very excited for you. I'll be thinking about you. :dance:

Thanks Lindsay!!! I am counting down the hours now! YIPPEEEE!!! :clap2:

Recovery is going well. I had surgery on Monday and haven't had a problem with gas pains yet so I am keeping my fingers crossed.

I have been suprised by how NOT hungry I am. I have two spoons of Jello and I am stuffed. I know this won't last forever - only until the swelling of my tummy goes down but I am enjoying it while it lasts.

It has been an eye opening experience to realize how often my mind jumps to food as a solution. Even Water can be difficult if I don't take small sips - I guess I didn't pay enough attention beforehand because that caught me by suprise.

I am suffering soooooo much with the gas pains.

Hazlebunny - surprised that you are allowed Jello only two days after surgery. I have been told I can only have Soups [as long as there are no 'bits' in them], Protein Shakes as long as they are really thin, Water, tea coffee or zero cal fruit juice [again as long as there are no bits in it] or yoghurt as long as it is thinned with milk or water.

I am absolultely black and blue with bruising but not painful but really, really suffering with gas pain.

Tammy,

Finally it's your turn, I am so happy for you. You've done so well on the pre-op diet and your day is HERE....YEAH!!! Hope you breeze through this. Best of luck and please post when you feel up to it, you know we will all be waiting to hear from you!

I might have blown it but it sure tasted good!

I broke down (hungry AND grocery shopping AND nearness = bad) ) and hit the Taco Bell for some Beans. I watered 1/2 of them down big time with some FF sour cream, but DANG they were goooooooood.

That was about 3 hours ago. I'm still full. :(

They did have the FF refried beans which I bought, and some taco sauce and cheese. I'll stick that in the blender the next time I have an urge.

They also has some ham broth powder. I bought some black beans so I'm going to blend the beans, ham powder and FF SC and see how that goes.

And I bought a new (REAL) scale and even at night it's showing I've lost 6.4 pounds total! I'm going to weigh again in the morning and change my ticker.

I had a bite of tuna last night it was from my son and husbands subway sandwhich. took me long to eat this small bite than it took them to eath the entire sandwhich and extras....

Today at lunch I ate a bite of chicken breast, couple little bitty chunks of cooked egg form a salad and a bite of green Beans (3),, I was full I borught the rest of my lunch home for dinner tongiht. co workers are shocked that I was full.

I have lost 2 pounds since surgery on Monday. I feel fine, no pains to speak of yet....

I finally got the call from the hospital. I have to be there at 8:30 tomorrow morning. Which is perfect, that way I can get the kids off to school first.

Thanks again everyone! I will be sure to post when I get home from the hospital on Friday.

TammyJ

Goodluck with surgery. My prayers will be with you. Can't wait to hear from you on Friday. You are on your way to banded land.:kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2:

Pam...I am right there with you...This morning I went for my post op and they said ok now you can go to the what we call mushie stuff. I immediately felt a little panic. But as I found out...my little friend on my tummy is doing it's job. I am surprised at how little food it takes to make me happy:hungry: :clap2: :clap2: !!! I go for my first fill on March 26th.

Glad to hear from you hearsmile...glad everything went well for you!!:(

TammyJ...You Are Positively Awsome!!!! I know you are getting excited and I know you are going to do fine because you have such a positive spirit!! Yea You!!! This time next week you will be moving and grooving:biggrin1:

Thanks GloGirl:

I did not mean to ignore your good wishes, I just happened to re-read all entries and noticed you good wishes. I am feeling good, I weighed this morning and am down 12 pounds in 9 days. Oh Baby Baby:heh:

Hi ! New here and just got banded today:clap2: March 14, 2007. I am really surprised as to how little pain I am in. Most of it is just gas. The walking around really helps. I look forward to meeting you all. I was banded by

Dr. Woodman in Memphis, Tn. I live in Collierville, Tn.

I am suffering soooooo much with the gas pains.

Hazlebunny - surprised that you are allowed Jello only two days after surgery. I have been told I can only have Soups [as long as there are no 'bits' in them], Protein Shakes as long as they are really thin, Water, tea coffee or zero cal fruit juice [again as long as there are no bits in it] or yoghurt as long as it is thinned with milk or water.

I am absolultely black and blue with bruising but not painful but really, really suffering with gas pain.

Hazelbunny and I were both banded this past Monday by Dr. Spivak, and before I left the hospital they brought me a food tray that had a banana popsicle, chicken broth, and a cup of jello on it. The nurse told me I had to eat two of them before I was released. I had the popsicle and the jello without any problems, so I guess it must vary by doctor. Dr. Spivak's diet plan is very flexible.

Hazelbunny and I were both banded this past Monday by Dr. Spivak, and before I left the hospital they brought me a food tray that had a banana popsicle, chicken broth, and a cup of Jello on it. The nurse told me I had to eat two of them before I was released. I had the popsicle and the jello without any problems, so I guess it must vary by doctor. Dr. Spivak's diet plan is very flexible.

Wow, that IS flexible. I've been told no Jello for 3 weeks. In fact, the nutritionalist said she'd rather me drink a McD's milkshake than eat Jello. Which is a GREAT coincidence since I'd rather drink a McD's milkshake than eat Jello too :(

My doctor doesn't even fill the band until after swelling has gone down. I'm sorry you had that problem - without a fill I felt restriction. Maybe she shouldn't have filled you until some of your swelling went down to begin with. Glad you are doing better.

I just had my lapband put on March 6. My surgery was around 11am and I was released from the hospital same day around 7pm, vomiting. I vomited and had excruciating pain all the way home until nxt day when my surgeon sent me to the ER. The ER didn't seem very busy but I was so sick that I didn't notice to much, but they didn't put me in a rm until 2hrs later. In the meantime, I went out to lay down in the car. Had to get that part off my chest because when someone is so deathly sick they need to find a place to put you the hospital. Anyway, they tried meds to stabilize my nausea enough to do a barium swallow. When they did the swallow my stomach was completely blocked off from swelling and imflammation. My surgeon came in and removed some Fluid from port and I was admitted to the hospital. I was just released from hospital late last nite. It has been a ROUGH journey for me. My surgeon has never had this happen to any of her pts and in fact said her gastric bypass patients don't even stay in this long. Coming along slowly as of now but much better then last wk. I don't want to discourage people but please keep in mind complications can occur with the lapband. Thanks for letting me vent. Hoping to lose 90lbs.........