Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March 2007 Bandsters

Got to the hospital at 9am this morning, a friend of mine went with me. They verified some information from me, then called me back to weigh me, I peed in a cup and then they put the IV thingie in my hand. Now this was the suck part because my veins run deep, the first try they missed the vein and my hand swelled a little, second time they stuck me in a different place and poked all the way through the vein...not so bad cause they had given me shots so I couldn't feel it.....BUT...they went to the other hand and decided the shots might not be helping at all, SO they stuck it in with no numbing and OMG, I cried, it hurt sooo bad. But apparently this doesn't normally happen, it's supposed to be a pretty quick easy thing to go through. After that they brought my friend back to sit with me and nurses came in a couple times to ask some questions, verifying who I was and why I was there...signed some more papers. Sent my friend back out to the waiting room and I was walked to the operating room. Apparently I was the third surgery of the day for Dr Ponce out of four...wow he does a lot of them. Spoke to the anestie...ologist (sp) guy, he asked to look at my teeth? Anyway, they put an oxygen mask over my mouth cause I was getting a little scared and they gave me the meds to knock me out through my IV...I was out seconds later. Woke up before I knew it in a room for phase 1 recovery....basically just where I wake up. The nurse was standing over me, I suppose she had to stand there and watch me til I was awake, but I didn't ask. After I was pretty awake, they wheeled me into phase 2 recovery where my friend was brought in to sit with me. Apparently I was white as a sheet and I was reeeealy tired, so the nurse told me to take a nap for about an hour and she would come wake me back up. Woke up feeling better, but my head hurt a LOT, probably from no food the night before or that day. I was given my pain meds, and a cup of ice and a cup of Water. They had me get up and walk around, this is when I felt the pain...it wasn't much, just pain from the incisions...I felt discomfort from the gas also, but it wasn't as bad as I thought it'd be. After walking, I went back to my recliner chair that I was in and while I was sitting I could only feel the gas...and my headache. I walked twice more, went to the bathroom twice and was required to drink my whole cup of water before I could leave. I was WAY happy with the water because my throat was dry and hurt from the tube. I got to leave about 4pm. As of right now, I feel pretty good, my throat is sore as hell, that's the worst part...a little gas, but not much...just takes a little walking to relieve...shoulder feels a little numb every once in a while. Incisions are small, just a tiny bit of bruising around them and they are covered with some sort of glue instead of stitches. I have been sipping water constantly...got out a little cup of Jello about dinner time to eat..it was 3.5 ozs and I only ate about half. Have had a couple Vitamin C drops that have helped my throat a little. I got those instead of throat drops cause the Vitamin c drops are yummy. :) Oh and I have this plastic breather thing that I have to suck on every two hours...something about preventing blood clots, as well as still wearing the really tight socks that are for the same reason. I think that's about it...over all my surgery was less than an hour and right now I feel pretty decent. :) Hope tomorrow isn't too much worse....eek! Anyway, sorry for the novel...just wanted to let everyone know what my surgery day was like. :)

I hope my day goes as smooth as yours!! Good luck tomorrow for an even better day!!

I got a call from the doctors office asking if I wanted to change my 15th date to next Wednesday? Heck yes I shouted!! I so want this to be over!! But we at home base can not change our plans at such a short notice. The 15th will be here before I know it and you never know the pound fairies might be back to take some more pounds of me.:heh: lol...lol

I talked to my coordinater today, I feel soooooo much better. I can't stand the waiting, I feel like I did when I was expecting my children . . . the wait is more painful than the big day!

Start pre-op diet: March 5th, 2007

Band date: March 19th, 2007

Dr. Jose Rodriguez ~ Acuna, Mexico

233 begining weight

weight.png

event.png

I am on day 10 of pre-op. Some how I only go one Sfast in today, this morning. Had a salad for lunch, and never got around to another one. Oh well, I'll call this a day of semi-fasting. I am so sick of Sfast now that I guess I don't miss it when I forget it. I had Crystal Light today too.

4 more days of SFast, thennnnnnnnnnnn......I will be a true March Bandster. Woohoo!!!!!!!! I am so ready to get this over. I have not cheated one day. I don't know how I have done it. I guess I want my liver to really shrink so surgery will be safer. Can't have a nicked liver! 4 more days...just gotta do it.........Good luck to all you guys doing the pre-op, I know how hard it is..Hang in there!!!!!!!!!

Thanks so much, March Bansters, for the blow-by-blow experiences of your surgery--you give me hope and confidence. I can do this! We ALL can! You are all awesome. sleep tight! You are on your way and we're not far behind you. Woohoo!

I got up early Friday morning and did laundry and packed and prepared my dog to be with a sitter for the weekend (he's worse than a child, I swear) and, of course, went in to work to tie up loose ends. I worked from 7:30 am until 2pm, so I didn't get out of town until three, but it was OK.

So I drove the three hours to my bf's house, and he took me to my older sister's house to drop off some stuff for her trip to Africa next week, then he drove me to my younger sister's house, another hour away and dropped me off. This made it 8:30 at night, and I had not put a morsel into my mouth at this point. Not something I was trying to do, just between my nerves and being busy, I never got around to eating.

At my sister's house at almost 9pm I finally ate something - 2-day old homemade beef with broccoli and white rice. It was actually really good, but a pitiful last meal.

My sister's husband took me to the airport at 1am, and I finally got on the plane at 3am. On the plane I really REALLY wanted to get a cranberry juice and vodka, kept trying to justify it to myself, but finally made the better decision and simply chewed ice instead. After an incredibly long 2.5 hour trip on the world's smallest plane, I'm now here in Houston. I slept a little on the plane, but not much. The airport is just waking up and smells of coffee and donuts and other fabulous things. I would give anything to have a Starbucks and anything sweet right now, but alas, I cannot. I must kill three hours sitting here and not eat a thing.

I paid $10 to have internet access atleast (Phoenix provides it at no fee - I don't care for Houston right now). I'm downloading some audio books for my IPOD. I just want to sleep, but airport chairs really don't allow you to lay out at all. And I just can't bring myself to be the person who curls up on the floor, though I've seen several individuals doing it.

Hope everyone banded yesterday is feeling fabulous. And in case I'm not back here before then - best of luck to everyone to be banded on Monday - as I recall there are many of you.

laralynn86 - 03/03

You will be in our thoughts and prayers! :gluck:

:welcomeB: BandSTAR and Theresa Ann!!!!!! Good Luck to both of you!!!

GloGirl,

My surgery is on the 5th as well. Cool. We can go through it together

Yea!! Bandstar! I know and it's Saturday and Monday is almost here!!!:clap2: :clap2:

How are all the to be bandsters holding up?

Also glad to here from all the 'already banded' March Bandster....you sound like you're all alive and Kicking!!:llama:

ok ladies , my bags are packed and I fly tomorrow. I kinda had a mini melt down but now i am just ready to get this over with. I am making myself crazy i swear. Had a great chinese meal with matthew and i am just ready. I have to say that i feel just fat tonight and I am actually looking forward to more mindful eating and not feeling overly full, kwim??

For everyone getting banded while i am gone -I am thinking about you. Love and light!

Sue

Well, I Made It Through My First Day Of Pre-op Liquids.... That Is It... Liquids... Althoug Did Not Drink My Protein, Still Can Not Stand The Tase Or Smell. I Am Half Way Through Day 2 Of Pre-op. I Will Have Surgery On The 12th. I Have To Make It Through These Days. My Mouth Is Dry. Oh, My Husband Went To Eat At A Fast food Place Today, I Was With Him, I Only Drank My Water That I Carried In With Me. Then We Went Somewhere Else And Bought The Kids Something To Eat. He Took Me To A Chinese Restaurant To Get Some Soup, ,,, That Worked For Me...

tammyj,

Please add me to the list, I am scheduled to be banded 3/21 at 1 pm in

Atlantic City, New Jersey. Good luck to the six who will be banded on

Monday 3/5. Sharon I feel for ya, I am certainly not looking forward

starting mine.:P I read on another thread to put up post it notes and

tear one down, rip it up, stomp on it whatever it takes just to help you get thru the pre-op diet days.:eek: