Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

got my paperwork sent in.

Cigna is a pain!! Submitted my paperwork last week. Heard today that they did not approve it, want another month of seeing the NUT. I called twice to see what was needed and so did the Dr. office.

I am right on the line with my BMI, has to be over 40 because I have no co morbidities. I have about four pounds to play with to stay above that line. Now my last appt with the NUT will be Nov 4th. Have to lose something.... But it can't be more than 4 lbs!!! Now I am a nervous wreck !! Ugggggghhhhh!!

Cigna is a pain!! Submitted my paperwork last week. Heard today that they did not approve it' date=' want another month of seeing the NUT. I called twice to see what was needed and so did the Dr. office. I am right on the line with my BMI, has to be over 40 because I have no co morbidities. I have about four pounds to play with to stay above that line. Now my last appt with the NUT will be Nov 4th. Have to lose something.... But it can't be more than 4 lbs!!! Now I am a nervous wreck !! Ugggggghhhhh!![/quote']

Afaik, you don't have to demonstrate weight loss, only that you tried. Have you reviewed Cignas wls policy? It's easily googled. I have Cigna and they are very picky. Once you submit everything their way, they approve quickly. Good luck!

Thank you. It has been a ruff and stressful 3 weeks

Congrats!!

Cigna is a pain!! Submitted my paperwork last week. Heard today that they did not approve it' date=' want another month of seeing the NUT. I called twice to see what was needed and so did the Dr. office. I am right on the line with my BMI, has to be over 40 because I have no co morbidities. I have about four pounds to play with to stay above that line. Now my last appt with the NUT will be Nov 4th. Have to lose something.... But it can't be more than 4 lbs!!! Now I am a nervous wreck !! Ugggggghhhhh!![/quote']

How many months does your policy require?

How many months does your policy require?

3 months of documented medically supervised weghtloss

CIGNA must vary by state and by employers package - some people have to do 6 months, others 3. Some people's first visit counts as 0 and have to go 3 more times, whereas my first visit counted as month 1 and I only needed to visit 2 more times. Also, some people are required to have these monthly check-ups with their PCP but I can have mine with the nutritionist in my surgeon's office.

I don't think, however, that you need to actually lose weight during these months. In fact, I'm just above 35 BMI so my NUT actually told me that I should maintain during these months.

Just found out that becasue my company issues my insurance from Maryland and eventhough I'm in California, I actually have to do six months instead of three. I had already done five for my previous insurance so now I have to do one more class from the doctors office. Feeling a bit frustrated with the process. I started this in February and thought I would be done with my surgery by now but now it's looking like it may not be until December or January.

Just found out that becasue my company issues my insurance from Maryland and eventhough I'm in California' date=' I actually have to do six months instead of three. I had already done five for my previous insurance so now I have to do one more class from the doctors office. Feeling a bit frustrated with the process. I started this in February and thought I would be done with my surgery by now but now it's looking like it may not be until December or January.[/quote']

I'm in MD and only have to do 3 months???

Really? This is what my coordinator at the Dr. office said she was told by Cigna and then yesterday I rec'd a letter saying that I was denied coverage. I'll call her and see what she says. Thanks for telling me.

I did everything for Cigna. Did the 3 months weight check in. Seen a nut. A psychologist, etc everything. The doctors office called 3 times to Cigna to make sure I was covered. I was scheduled for lapband February 22. On February 21 the doctors office called to tell me my surgery time, they called 5 minutes later to state my insurance didn't cover it. I called Cigna and they said the policy was set by my employer and they didn't cover it.

8 months later I decided to go with the sleeve since there is less maintenance and I had to pay out of pocket. I had my procedure yesterday October 8th and paid for it via care credit.

It was a long process but it what I wanted. Good luck to anyone with Cigna because all they did was give me the run around

Congratulations for the approvals !!

I too have Cigna and my paperwork was supposed to have been submitted today. My surgeon is excellent but his insurance person sucks, so I'm not expecting a quick approval .