Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I need help, feeling unsuccessful!

I recommend looking at some of the post guides and using the diet plans in one of them.

Here are some links to guides that I have saved from this forum over the years:

The Cornell Weight Loss Surgery Program: Dietary Guidelines for Laparoscopic Sleeve Gastrectomy

http://www.cornellweightlosssurgery.org/pdf/dietary_guidelines_sleeve_gastrectomy.pdf

Institute for Advanced Bariatric Surgery: Preparatory Surgery Guide

http://www.laplose.com/Media/Forms/PreparatorySurgeryGuide.pdf

Institute for Advanced Bariatric Surgery: Sleeve Gastrectomy Surgery Diet Guide

http://www.laplose.com/Media/Forms/SleeveDietGuide.pdf

Northwest Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery: Laproscopic Gastric Sleeve Diet

http://www.northwestobesitysurgery.com/pdf/sleeve-gastrectomy-diet.pdf

Kaiser Fremont Bariatric Program Guide (this is my program's guide and it covers VSG and other WLS)

http://mydoctor.kaiserpermanente.org/ncal/facilities/region/gsaa/area_master/departments/Bariatrics/binder.jsp

Not sure this will work, but if it does, the first link is an guide from Dr. Criangle and the second is the Cornell guide, which I've also provided a weblink for above.

www.sleeveguide.com/new-post-op.html

post-204819-1381313243213_thumb.jpg

post-204819-13813132433206_thumb.jpg

I was hoping to find some more suggestions for my liquid diet, because frankly I'm dying of boredom with this Soup and Jello crap, so I googled "what to eat after VSG" and this link came up. At the end of the article (which had great info for pre-op candidates too) there were two links for some resources guides which I thought were pretty good, and I wanted to share them with my VSG family.

My current is 236 from 255 since surgery 11/12. I eating everything from fruits/veggies to bread and junk food. I will research that diet you mentioned

5:2 or not...go back to basics. Protein, veggies plenty of Water. come here for support... you can do this

I would have to agree.... It sounds like you might be eating lots of sliders, and this will help you gain weight, or at least not lose.... Getting a clean diet in place will be the restart you need.... Protein first, plenty of water....not while your eating....

My current is 236 from 255 since surgery 11/12. I eating everything from fruits/veggies to bread and junk food. I will research that diet you mentioned

Are you saying you were sleeved almost a year ago and have only lost 19 lbs? Have you had follow ups w Dr? This does not sound right. Even a slow loser I feel would have lost more. Are you sure there is not a medical issue? How much are u able to eat?

Have you looked at the Boot Camp Diet I posted? It's basically lean meats and green veggies. and lots of Water. I don't see how it's possible to eat like that and not lose weight.

I eat the same way as Fiddleman. I eat healthfully and mindfully. Always Protein and complex carbs at my meal times. I do NOT count calories anymore because it has been working for me. I've been eating this way for months. When I first started it, there was a bounceback as my body adjusted. It took a couple of months. I dropped back down to my range. I maintain my goal, I'm either at goal or within 3-5 lbs.lower or higher and have been maintaining in that range for a year now. After my body adjusted for the first couple of months and bounced around, it settled and I've been doing very well. It just works for me. I also use my jeans as a guide. If they feel tight at all, I make sure I cut out any "extras" that I don't need. That's what works for me too. Your mileage may vary. I also do HIIT training a few days a week. Sometimes I do ballet barre workouts, turbo jam, weight lifting videos on Youtube, or some sort of HIIT training video. If I exercise too much, I find my hunger goes nuts. I work out a few days a week for about an hour each time. My hunger does not change at all and sometimes I am not hungry after I work out. If I work out too long though, I am fighting the hunger. You can figure this out it's just going to take some patience and experimentation. Maybe go get a BMR test at one of those places that offer it. It can tell you fairly accurately what your BMR is so you know how many calories you burn at rest. Also, get a body fat test done. You may weigh more than you want, but your body fat may be perfect. You have my utmost respect for all you've done. I only had around 90-100 lbs to lose. Those who have to lose 150 plus pounds have my utmost respect and praise. Good job lady. You deserve to enjoy some peace and to enjoy your new body and life without worrying so much about the scale.< /p>

i reread this whole thread and the obvious hit me kristie - maybe you ARE at goal.

i found myself comparing to other women who are in the 22-23 BMI range thinking.... I cound stand to lose another 10-15 myself. My dear friend sat down with me and really gave me a loving talk about that and the reasons those are such destructive thoughts. I dont want to give you a lecture, but you are a freaking size 8! You look amazing. Why does it really matter whether you are at some number set for a population....based on some criteria none of us even understand.

Formerly obese have larger blood vessels, I suspect denser bones and a whole lotta other differences from "normies". It strikes me that there is a point where it just makes sense to call it a huge freaking victory and focus on maintaining! We undertook this journey to save our lives, improve our health, allow ourselves to be physcially and emotionally comfortable in the world, and to look hot.... seems to me you have made goal by any rational criteria.

i reread this whole thread and the obvious hit me kristie - maybe you ARE at goal.

i found myself comparing to other women who are in the 22-23 BMI range thinking.... I cound stand to lose another 10-15 myself. My dear friend sat down with me and really gave me a loving talk about that and the reasons those are such destructive thoughts. I dont want to give you a lecture' date=' but you are a freaking size 8! You look amazing. Why does it really matter whether you are at some number set for a population....based on some criteria none of us even understand.

Formerly obese have larger blood vessels, I suspect denser bones and a whole lotta other differences from "normies". It strikes me that there is a point where it just makes sense to call it a huge freaking victory and focus on maintaining! We undertook this journey to save our lives, improve our health, allow ourselves to be physcially and emotionally comfortable in the world, and to look hot.... seems to me you have made goal by any rational criteria.[/quote']

Thank you so much for this! I am going to try to make peace with where I am and see if I can work on my brain a little. I need to have a sit down with myself and rationally look at my goal.