Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What was /is your motivation for having surgery!

Whats my motivation!!! I am tired of being fat point blank period!!! I am tired of working out and getting frustrated when I only see 10-15 pounds and give up t gain 30 back..I have clothes with the tag on them when I lost 40lbs but I gained 40+ back... I want to cross my legs.. I want to look down and see my vag jay jay..lol.. Without having to hold my stomach... I want to look sexy in panties and bras.. I don't want to be ashamed of my body... I want to work and wind m damn hips during sex and not be tired after 5..lol..

Sent from my iPad using VST

Same with me.....well not all of them... :ph34r: :D

Whats my motivation!!! I am tired of being fat point blank period!!!

I want to fit in a seat with another person lol. I want my knees to stop screaming b***h loose some weight lol

I don't think I have a va jay jay, but for me it was diabetes, hypertension, liver failure, kidney failure...etc. Just tons and tons of health problems.

In a nutshell.

Back hurts. Knees hurt. Arches of feet hurt. Short of breath. Sluggish. Self-conscious. HBP. Miserable. Self-Isolation from family and friends. Depression. History of female cancer(s). History of diabetes and death in my immediate family. Plain old disgusted with my image.

Justin..no vag jay jay..lol

Simple, not being comfortable to take any family pictures with my wife and two boys.

Not comfortable traveling, especially when traveling 50% of the year.

Shopping at the big boy store...and they usually have extremely skinny people working there, asking for bigger sizes which sucks!!

And a Million other reasons...

Besides the obvious (being overly fluffy), I had diabetes, high cholesterol, my knees and feet bother me. I'm two months post op and I'm off all my meds, my knees and my feet do not bother me near as much. All this has happened with the loss of just 40 lbs! Oh and now, I get to buy cute SMALLER clothes!!

Besides the obvious .. I wanted to do something for ME... I was tired if feeling trapped and just "tired"

When I get out of bed in the morning I look like the evolution picture - I start off hunched over and gradually get upright halfway down the hall. I'm starting to do the fat girl waddle - not cool. what is my motivation ? all of the above that everyone else said and let me add that it would be nice to not automatically decline an invitation out because I hate how I look, I have no nice clothes to wear and I usually feel like "pooh" most of the time. I'm only 54, I'm not ancient so yes, I'd also like to be "hot" again !!

At face value it's because I lost 90 pounds over a looong three years, then stalled for a year despite trying my hardest to break the stall, and then after going on a 1200 calorie diet recommended by my doic I started *gaining* weight back. That was it. I had tried for so hard, and so long, and I feel like I gave losing weight 'on my own' my best attempt and I was sick. Sick of being fat, sick of being undesirable, sick of society not accepting me (my main motivation for losing weight at all, really), sick of chronic knee and back pain...

Overall, I'm just over being fat and everything that comes along with it. I'm a big fan of fat acceptance and health at every size, but imo health includes mental health and at my size and my size-based self imposed prison, I was verging on tossing in the towel on life in general.

I have a history of depression. I don't think losing weight will fix that by any means, but even though I'm only 5 weeks out I have no regrets and I'm so happy and so relieved that I finally went through with WLS after researching it and skirting around it for 8 or so years. Losing weight may not fix my mental perception of myself, but I'll be happy if it prevents a knee-replacement in the future. ;)

I don't want to end up in a motorized scooter like my BFF.

I want to get into the bathtub and know I can get out by myself.

I want to get out and go sightseeing when I travel, instead of living on the sidelines.

I want to wear boots again.