Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Whats so harmful about PB?

Cheeree

"maybe" since you are only 4 weeks PO??? NUT doesn't want you to have PB?? :angry:

as bigsleeve56 said "its a slider" :(

i have chosen not to eat PB - its too delicious - little bit of a trigger :angry:

but............my NUT/and it sounds like others too............do permit PB

if "your" NUT says no about the PB - oh well, gotta follow her orders

but...............i would still ask her why the heck you can't have PB

good luck

kathy

I agree that PB can be a slider. But, as long as you are staying within your fat and carb limits it works for me. I have nut butter a couple of times a week (sunflower, almond or peanut - they have the highest Protein of the butters I've found so far). Natural nut butters are so good for you (if you can limit yourself to a tablespoon LOL). Everything in moderation!

I have Kaiser and my NUT says no Peanut Butter ever. Have you guys heard the same or are you allowed? Whats so harmful about PB?

I was never told 'no peanut butter' but I discovered early on, the amount isn't worth the calories most of the time. I have ALWAYS measure ONE tablespoon, but ONE TB of Smucker's Natural is 100 calories! YIKES!!!! I almost never eat it now, I've discovered PB2, it's powdered Peanut Butter. I add a half TB of Water to 1 TB of PB2. This is one of my favorite Snacks, I'll put it on a graham cracker Lite.

Peanut butter, nuts and cheese are two things I had to stop early on, just way too many calories for me and not nearly enough Protein to justify eating any of those!! :(

It's not a daily food! Lol my NUT has us watch total fat grams

Sugar grams

And Protein grams

I log everything to keep an eye on fats sugars and Protein if I do that calories and everything else fall into line

Avocado has high fat too and like nuts it's a better fat than animal fat so they'd rather us have those than animal fats... But we just have to watch our total fats...

Each place is different. And you should follow things you are comfortable with or like another poster said follow who you paid to know what's right for you!

How many grams of fats and sugars do they say to have?

I have Kaiser and my NUT says no Peanut Butter ever. Have you guys heard the same or are you allowed? Whats so harmful about PB?

You should def ask your NUT WHY, and come educate us.

My doc is fine with pb and I have it about once a week- usually in a shake (natural bp of course, no sugar). I use it when I know I'm not eating right (enough) and could use a little extra calories.

But I'd love to know the reasoning behind this!

How many grams of fats and sugars do they say to have?

Our program NUT said no more than 22g fat per day. I've been eating low fat Protein like fish chicken and turkey I haven't even hit 22g per day most has been 20 and that's if I have avocado or almond butter those days.

Sugars no more than 15 per meal. So no more than 45g per day and I barely get close to 25 if I have a light yogurt or natural applesauce

It's been easier to get in my Protein in daily once I got to the regular foods stage in my program.

I had my surgery aug 7th 2013 and yesterday i ate apples n Peanut Butter n i was fine

Our program NUT said no more than 22g fat per day. I've been eating low fat Protein like fish chicken and turkey I haven't even hit 22g per day most has been 20 and that's if I have avocado or almond butter those days.

Sugars no more than 15 per meal. So no more than 45g per day and I barely get close to 25 if I have a light yogurt or natural applesauce

It's been easier to get in my Protein in daily once I got to the regular foods stage in my program.

Thanks so much! This is really helpful information :-)

Thanks so much! This is really helpful information :-)

Of course! I know each program is very different but it's really easy to track they way they ask us to!

My nut says I can have 2 Tbsp's of pb or almond butter per day. Yum

Every weight loss program is different. A little Peanut Butter shouldn't hurt as long as you do not make it a trigger and start eating to much of it.

I eat almond butter and occasionally Peanut Butter without any problems.