Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

WATCH OUT FOR THOSE WHO TELL U ITS OK TO EAT THINGS ONCE IN A WHILE!

Total BS! My doc said to have your cheat days twice a month and thats it....Getting real tired of people telling me "well its ok to have this once in a while". Then you start thinking to yourself "hmm, you know thats right, I can have it once in a while". Next thing you kno, every thing ur eating becomes a "once in a while type food" lmao.

This whole summer I messed up badly, BBQ's everywhere, hangouts, drinking etc. I was trying to focus on clean eating but everyones like chill out u deserve to have sum type of fun. So thats what I did, chilled out. My mistake bc ofcourse, I had to pay the price of weight gain! (Like 5-10 pounds) Which was a set back for me bc I was only 20 pounds away from my goal and just ended up prolonging it as we all know the last 20 pounds r the HARDEST to lose.

A small stomache is a TOOL! You cannot exspect to be eating junk in small portions and believe that you will have your dream body in no time. I'm so glad I was able to get my ass back in check and get back to work! I now meet with my strength training coach 3x a week and then go to lucille roberts to take a few classes when I can. I focus on Protein Protein protein and very little carbs. Two weeks so far and Im feeling FAB! Yesterday at work we had a pizza party. Everyone had pizza and I watched them while I drank my Premier Protein shake! :) Someone told me "You can have a slice, one slice wont kill you" I said "It wont kill me and it wont HELP me either. Today isnt cheat day, It can wait"

I'm just feeling unstopabble and Im not tryna hear no one's peer pressure. Just thought I'd warn some of you. Dont ever get too comfortable and dont listen to others. Always do YOUR BODY good! Have a nice day :D

Great motivational post!!!! Thank you!

Wow you look stunning very inspiring! Great post.

Thank you AuntVick & Gojojo

Great post...you look fantastic, continue success on you sleeve journey!!

It just depends on the person. I don't have cheat days, I just eat what I want. Not saying I eat junk food, I eat very healthy everyday, but when I do want something I do eat it, but in moderation. I wasnt a candy or junkfood person so for me its a little easier to control. my deal was just good food and a lot of it. Each of us is different and your right dont listen to other people about what you can and cant eat. learn your body, know your weaknesses and be succussesful.

Thank you! Yup everyones different. My main problem was that I use to eat primarily carbs so this is def a huge change for me. Im haitian our main dish is rice. I never liked eating "healthy foods". So when people tell me its ok to eat my old fav foods "once in a while" my brain tends to back track to the old me, and then I have a difficult time gettin back on track. Its like you eat this pizza today, then tomorrow french fries will be a "once in a while" meal for today...This is why I was big in the first place, bc I never knew how to just say NO to unhealthy foods

But Im getting better! Im sure we all are :)

I love this post also! :)

Total BS! My doc said to have your cheat days twice a month and thats it....Getting real tired of people telling me "well its ok to have this once in a while". Then you start thinking to yourself "hmm' date=' you know thats right, I can have it once in a while". Next thing you kno, every thing ur eating becomes a "once in a while type food" lmao.

This whole summer I messed up badly, BBQ's everywhere, hangouts, drinking etc. I was trying to focus on clean eating but everyones like chill out u deserve to have sum type of fun. So thats what I did, chilled out. My mistake bc ofcourse, I had to pay the price of weight gain! (Like 5-10 pounds) Which was a set back for me bc I was only 20 pounds away from my goal and just ended up prolonging it as we all know the last 20 pounds r the HARDEST to lose.

A small stomache is a TOOL! You cannot exspect to be eating junk in small portions and believe that you will have your dream body in no time. I'm so glad I was able to get my ass back in check and get back to work! I now meet with my strength training coach 3x a week and then go to lucille roberts to take a few classes when I can. I focus on Protein Protein protein and very little carbs. Two weeks so far and Im feeling FAB! Yesterday at work we had a pizza party. Everyone had pizza and I watched them while I drank my Premier Protein shake! :) Someone told me "You can have a slice, one slice wont kill you" I said "It wont kill me and it wont HELP me either. Today isnt cheat day, It can wait"

I'm just feeling unstopabble and Im not tryna hear no one's peer pressure. Just thought I'd warn some of you. Dont ever get too comfortable and dont listen to others. Always do YOUR BODY good! Have a nice day :D[/quote']

This is one of my biggest fears. Thanks for the advice!

It just depends on the person. I don't have cheat days, I just eat what I want. Not saying I eat junk food, I eat very healthy everyday, but when I do want something I do eat it, but in moderation. I wasnt a candy or junkfood person so for me its a little easier to control. my deal was just good food and a lot of it. Each of us is different and your right dont listen to other people about what you can and cant eat. learn your body, know your weaknesses and be succussesful.

Exactly. Was it my posts you were referring to when saying "don't let them believe you can eat what you want"?

I decided before getting my lapband almost 4 yrs ago that I was thru with dieting. I AM thru with dieting, even after my sleeve revision 9 weeks ago. I eat WHATEVER I want and still manage to lose because I eat so little.

Now, what I want changes from day to day. Somedays I want tilapia and broccoli and other days I want 1/3 of an In and Out Burger cheeseburger. It makes 3 meals for me so I'm still under the 1000 calories I've allotted for myself.

If I'm not happy with my day to day life, what makes me think I'll be happy 120 lbs thinner, eating nothing but Protein and veggies? I eat a variety of food (which includes occasional donuts - or may I say about 1/3 of a donut- and fast food)

Whether we want it to or not our life revolves around food, whether it's healthy food or not. I'd rather not obsess over every little calorie that goes into my mouth. Makes me happier to focus on my new size 6 skinny jeans!

You have to do what YOU have to do. If thats watching every single calories, grams of carbs and Protein than thats that. I'd rather focus on what I'm gunna watch on tv tonite, personally! It's why I got the surgery - so I could quit obsessing about every bite of food that goes into my mouth...

But thats just me...

Thanks for this reminder. I can tell u spoke from ur heart. We can all use this type of support.

Thanks for this reminder. I can tell u spoke from ur heart. We can all use this type of support.

Your welcome!