Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Medic Alert ID or not?

Do you have or want to get a Medic-Alert ID?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Do you have or want to get a Medic-Alert ID?

• Yes
    • No
    • I want to

How much is the service? I went through the entire website but they don't seem to say anywhere (until you join).

Affordable Pricing - Just $39.95 for first year enrollment, and $25 per year thereafter (this was under health plans at MedicAlert - Health Plans )

A good friend of mine sent me this link....its a pretty good idea for those who do not want to display all of their personal info for everyone to read and/or have WAY too much to write on the back of one of those tiny bracelets...

My Bands :: Home

Thanks those are pretty cool. I have yet to decide what I am getting, but I am ordering the my med one for my 11 year old... he is on numerous medications for asthma and allergies and there are too many to list on a regular ID Bracelet. And these are silicone like the "cool" ones everyone is wearing.

I just ordered a Bracelet at creativemedicalid.com They had quite a few to pick from and were not bad in price. I was able to have my first name on the front and 4 lines with 19 charactors on each line on the back. I put

line 1 adjust gastric band

line 2 no blind NG tube

line 3 Surgeon Glasscock

line 4 my surgeons phone number and hospital #

I am getting banded on July 23 so I will have it before surgery.

Kacee -- I had the same issue, it was really annoying that they didn't list the prices clearly anywhere. But Mandy is right with the answer. On top of that, you have to pay for the actual ID that you choose, but they are as little as $10 (and get up to the hundreds for the gold ones).

Kacee -- I had the same issue, it was really annoying that they didn't list the prices clearly anywhere. But Mandy is right with the answer. On top of that, you have to pay for the actual ID that you choose, but they are as little as $10 (and get up to the hundreds for the gold ones).

Last year they ran a special that included a basic Bracelet at no charge. I like the fact that they have pink, purple and green. Not just boring red. ~Mandy

I ordered a Bracelet from Lauren's Hope and I just got it yesterday. It is so beautiful and I LOVE it. On mine, this is what I put:

Name

Gastric Band Patient

No Blind NG Tube

No NSAIDs

Again, I love it.

Just received my American medical Bracelet in the mail and it looks great! I chose the sterling silver with the figaro chain and the the red ID charm. I hope I never need it but I feel better having it on.

Just a 'heads up'...if you order a stainless steel Bracelet from American Medical ID, they use 'laser engraving', which isn't as deep as regular engraving. I've had one for a year or so because I'm allergic to tetanus shots, and there's a large 'rub' spot where the engraving has worn smooth. As far as I know, they only use laser engraving on the stainless bracelets. I'm exchanging e-mails with them now, since I wanted to get a new bracelet updated with my band info, but don't want to get one that will wear away that quickly again.

Just got mine in from Laurens Hope today and I REALLY Like it .

Its very nice. I really like the idea of the banks being interchangeable . Espically as I (we) loose weight if we need a smaller Bracelet I can order one .

It looks really nice

Mindy

<p>I have one and I wear it always. My husband used to be a paramedic and said to get the plain silver traditional one that is most recognizable. The newer fancy ones don't even get checked because "in the moment" it isn't recognized and may just be removed in a trauma situation. Sure, they look "pretty" but it is truly meant to save your life, not be an accessory. My friend decorates her silver plain for her diabetes with some embroidery floss just on the chain. (it is kinda cool but I don't have the time and patience to do it, she does it for every season and holiday, kinda fun looking!)</p> <p> </p> <p>Mine says:</p> <p>My name</p> <p>Adj Gastric Band</p> <p>No gastric tube w/out endo</p> <p>Allergies</p> <p>Dr and #</p>

I got mine on ebay and it is the traditional one. I think it cost $15 and I have worn it through all kinds of stuff. It is very durable and has no wear or breaks. I have had it on for 2 years now.

I have one and I wear it always. My husband used to be a paramedic and said to get the plain silver traditional one that is most recognizable. The newer fancy ones don't even get checked because "in the moment" it isn't recognized and may just be removed in a trauma situation. Sure, they look "pretty" but it is truly meant to save your life, not be an accessory. My friend decorates her silver plain for her diabetes with some embroidery floss just on the chain. (it is kinda cool but I don't have the time and patience to do it, she does it for every season and holiday, kinda fun looking!)

I wondered about that . I got a plain black band w/ a silver thing in the middle. So its not " too Flashy" . The one I really want is from James Avery Craftsman here in Austin . But its kind of expensive. Its obvious its a medical ID but looks a tad bit more like jewelry . I knew I didnt want a totally beaded one because I didnt want it to NOT look like a medical ID .

I think i'll keep this one until i loose weight then get the one from James Avery .

I just dont want it to be missed which is why i didint get the totally beaded ones.

Mindy

I have both. I wear the "fancy" one when we go out. (rarely) I also have a plain silver one. I really wanted one with the medical symbol in a fun color, but they only came in red or silver. I chose the red one. ~Mandy

I have both. I wear the "fancy" one when we go out. (rarely) I also have a plain silver one. I really wanted one with the medical symbol in a fun color, but they only came in red or silver. I chose the red one. ~Mandy

This is the one I want

Physician/E.M.T. Alert on Giotto Bracelet from James Avery

But w/ surgery costs coming up and ect.... Im going to wait a bit before i get this one. All of my silver jewlery is James Avery so I really want this one.

But for now i'll stick w/ the Laurens Hope One .

Mindy

I have one and I wear it always. My husband used to be a paramedic and said to get the plain silver traditional one that is most recognizable. The newer fancy ones don't even get checked because "in the moment" it isn't recognized and may just be removed in a trauma situation. Sure, they look "pretty" but it is truly meant to save your life, not be an accessory.

But I thought they were trained to look. I got one from Lauren's Hope and I don't really see how they would miss it, if they're looking for it/taking a pulse/giving an IV/etc. It's very obvious when you turn my wrist over that it's a medical alert Bracelet. I just don't want to broadcast to the world that I have a medical condition. Here's a pic of mine.

Medical Alert Bracelet.bmp

But I thought they were trained to look. I got one from Lauren's Hope and I don't really see how they would miss it, if they're looking for it/taking a pulse/giving an IV/etc. It's very obvious when you turn my wrist over that it's a medical alert Bracelet. I just don't want to broadcast to the world that I have a medical condition. Here's a pic of mine.

Everything I have heard and read from others says they " normally" do . I spoke to a friend of mine who is a nurse tonight and she said the one's that are not Obvious , meaning they have the very small charms or not as large of a medical sympols on them are the ones that get missed. I think your suppose to wear them on your Left arm as well ?

That helps too. I think the one's like Laurens hope w/ the big red cross on them are obvious ENOUGH ., I didnt want to get one that looks like obvious jewlery . If that makes sense.

Mindy