Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm scheduled 10/14 for my sleeve. I just feel like what if I'm not ready? They said we have to change our habits before surgery. Well I have not. Tried the Atkins diet for 4 days before eating pizza in a carb-deprived craze.

Then again I feel like if my habits were changed, there would be no need for surgery. I know without surgery ill never change. I've been feeling like this is the tool I need but maybe I just am meant to be fat and miserable forever.

Have you talked to a therapist about this? I think some doubt to a certain extent is normal with something like this.

And although I've had the doubt too, I've also come to peace with it and know I have to do it.

But I think if you talk about your mixed emotions with a therapist, you may be able to better sort it all out so you come to a decision either way.

Good luck!

Then again I feel like if my habits were changed, there would be no need for surgery. I know without surgery ill never change.

"Bingo" perfectly spoken. Nothing wrong with a little help from a "tool".......(and I don't mean me <_< )

I have done everything in my life I have ever set my mind to do.....except keep the weight off !!! I am with you on this one. Without the surgery, I will never accomplish it for the long term. And if I don't.......there will be no long term anything.

Where are you having your surgery, what doctor?

Oh dear-heart, I'm in the same position you are in and my surgery is this Monday!! I posted something similar to what you did and I got one response that helped. PJ said that after the surgery we will want different things, that a certain hormone is reduced (or removed?) which should help with the hunger.

If any of us didn't have a problem with over-eating, and eating the wrong things, we wouldn't need this surgery.

Your post was very vulnerable and I'll bet you get alot of supportive replies -- don't let judgemental posts get you down. Don't even respond to them.

You will do well. Keep your eye on the ball and expect good things.

WeeWers

I'm in exactly the same boat and my surgery is in 7 days time. Not a good feeling, is it? Lemme know how you sort it out! x

Oh love...don't fret, God didn't put any of us here to be miserable or fat, this society is what should be changed, EVERYTHING revolves around food...holidays, birthdays, business meetings, work meetings, dates, meet & greets...EVERYTHING is about food..it's not your fault and this is going to help you. I don't have my date yet..but know this I have developed an unhealthy relationship with as well...with love & support we are on the way to a healthy happy life.

Love,

K

There is no harm in holding off. I am not sure that will change anything. It may be benfical to talked to a therapist about what mental blocks are occuring. I do not think we are meant to be miserable, but happiness is not a number on a scale. Surgery only helps with the stomach. We have to do our own work on our head.

If I recall correctly, you struggle also about having to possibly stopping nursing. Maybe waiting until that is over to proceed.

Why is this relevant

It was just a question, not that it is relevant. I'm being sleeved in October on the 18th, 2013. Noticed you were an RN, so I'm I and just wondered who you were going with.

It was just a question' date=' not that it is relevant. I'm being sleeved in October on the 18th, 2013. Noticed you were an RN, so I'm I and just wondered who you were going with.[/quote']

Dr. Farhan in Flint, MI

There is no harm in holding off. I am not sure that will change anything. It may be benfical to talked to a therapist about what mental blocks are occuring. I do not think we are meant to be miserable' date=' but happiness is not a number on a scale. Surgery only helps with the stomach. We have to do our own work on our head.

If I recall correctly, you struggle also about having to possibly stopping nursing. Maybe waiting until that is over to proceed.[/quote']

I guess I should clarify that. I'm happy. I have such a blessed life. Literally the only complaint I have is my weight. But it hangs over me like a black cloud, shadowing all my other happy things.

Dr. Farhan in Flint, MI

I currently live in Plano, Texas; but I'm from Grand Rapids, MI. I miss home so much.

I currently live in Plano' date=' Texas; but I'm from Grand Rapids, MI. I miss home so much.[/quote']

Flint is a **** hole. The west side of the state is pretty though

My surgery is tomorrow and I am way feeling not sure about this. ALOT what if, is this really right, complications, pretty much every fear in the book and truthfully don't feel even if I wanted to back out I could. Everything paid.... sucks feeling this way