Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Biotin for hair loss

Has anyone started taking Biotin yet for Hair loss? And how much is a worthwhile dose. I just bought 1000 MCG 333%. I got the under the tongue meltables, 1 a day. I am still pre op and don't have a date yet, but after reading alot, everyone is saying that they started losing their hair around 4-5 months out & it lasted for a good 3 to 4 months...don't know if Biotin will help, but if I start now?? Is there anything else that you could recommend?

Too funny, I did the same thing!! I am preop too, with no date yet but thought I would go ahead and start. I'm taking 5,000 twice a day!

Figured it might not help but couldn't hurt!

Good luck!

Yes I take it...... started 5 months pre-op. 1000 MCG which my NUT said was adequate. My niece, sister, and co-worker were sleeved and all took Biotin pre-op (are still taking it) and lost hair but not as much as it could have been. Their hair looks great and I would have not known they lost any hair.

A good multi Vitamin will help too.

Good luck!

i take 5000 MCG a day of Biotin, a Multivitamin, Calcium and Vitamin D... started pre op... i'm 4 weeks post op and hope i dont loose hair... making sure i get my Protein before anything else... i dont want to loose hair again... Chemo was enough for me!

I lose alot of hair everytime I wash it (pre-op).. dosn't seem to make a dent. Wondering how bad it is...

I've been taking the Biotin about 1-1/2 mos now but haven't seen a change (not having srg til 11/13) but from what I am seeing I'm not taking near enough. I was just trying to make my hair a little thicker because it's so fine. I'm not really afraid of losing hair - already been there done that with breast ca so you never have a bad day - just wear temp tattoos on your scalp! :)

I love this sight...I'm pre op also, taking 3000mg per day. Hoping I can streghthen it before the surgery...