Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Bunch O Lunch made me a little sad today... (what a waste...)

For those of you who know what Shakeys Bunch O lunch is, you'll know where I'm coming from. Today after bowling, we decided to go across the street to Shakeys for lunch (all u can eat pizza, chicken mashed pots, mojo pots, salad, Pasta, etc). I had my WLS Card the dr gave me so I could get the childs price, but hubby was embarrassed to ask for a discount and I didn't even try.

I ate: 1 bite of pizza, 2 bites of roasted chicken drumstick, 2 small mojo potatoes dipped in ranch. Thats it. Wow. I was mourning my yesteryear, watching people pile on pizza and chicken (and my fav, mojos). It truly was sad. I enjoyed what I DID eat tho...

While I've been a waste of a buffet for almost 4 yrs (since being lapbanded), it's much worse now (8 weeks out from revision). Or I guess it shouldn't be considered worse, but better?

Next time I'm going to demand the childs price cuz I eat less than an infant! What a waste!

I tried to use the card in a buffet in Fl. The girl just laughed and said they could not do that. I was so angry that I stormed out. My poor husband wanted to eat though and he had to leave also. I have never used it before or after. Usually I eat off of his plate or do an appetizer. All you can eat places are out for me. I refuse to pay $10-$20 for a meal I can only eat a few bites of.

My hubby and I went to a Brazilian steakhouse for our anniversary and I paid $25 for just the salad bar, of which I probably ate 50 cents worth (about 8 shrimp and a small spoonful of chicken salad was all I could do). Sigh. It was my first buffet since surgery since I hate to pay for food I am not eating. But, it was our anniversary and my hubby did his very best to eat enough meat for both of us.

My hubby and I went to a Brazilian steakhouse for our anniversary and I paid 25 for just the salad bar' date=' of which I probably ate 50 cents worth (about 8 shrimp and a small spoonful of chicken salad was all I could do). Sigh. It was my first buffet since surgery since I hate to pay for food I am not eating. But, it was our anniversary and my hubby did his very best to eat enough meat for both of us.[/quote']

This was my kids' biggest concern. We love going to the Brazilian place for Christmas and thanksgiving and the kids wanted to know if we could still go :)

I have decided we will be paying for family time and good memories, not so much the food anymore. They always had a good deal with me but it just got a LOT better!

Sent from my iPhone using VST

Not every place will honor the cards.. But many places do if you ask to speak to a manager.

If they are hesitant my friend who had the surgery a few years ago tells them she will gladly pay the adult price and make -14 plates full of food that will be wasted... Because she will take one bite off each plate. Often they will give you the senior price over the child's price.. But it's worked at every buffet she has been to...

marfar7

Thanksgiving "hit" me at 11 months PO

just me and DH at home - other family members were eating with in-laws

didn't know what to do about eating/where/what

ended up going to a nice buffet/restaurant

i had alittle turkey - barely anything else

i would rather obstain from certain yummy foods than tease myself with a taste here or there

i basically ate nothing ($35.00 meal!!)

called the waiter over, basically explained about WLS - and asked if i could get a take home container

he checked with his boss - then came over with a container

went to the buffet - and filled the container with LOTS of yummy sliced turkey!!! (it lasted for many meals)

no more buffets for me!!! - too tempting and expensive!!!

martar

92 lbs down!!!!

OMG

keep up the good job

kathy

congrats

I have seen a few posts about the bunch of lunch card...is this something that you got from your surgeon? I will have to ask mine on my next appt.

Wifeofdes: its actually not a "+unch of Lunch" card. That's the name of the lunch buffet at Shakeys pizza. Not sure if there's a name on our WLS Card. Its just a card ur office can gice to u that explains that you've had wls and if they would give u childrens or seniors prices it would be greatly appreciated.

I attempted to use mine once at Hometown Buffet last year. They refused to accept it. We no longer go there cuz I'm ttruly an $11 waste. Hubby is a low carber and got his plate filled with meat and veggies, so he misses it.

Proudgrammy:: Thanx for ur kind words. We went to a Mexican restaurant once 4 lunch. They had a buffet so we got it. I made a taco salad and ate maybe 1/10th of it. The waiter kindly brought me a box. Never ever seen them give u a box at a buffet. I didn't even use my card. And on Thanksgiving: we take my in laws to Hometown Buffet for the last 3 Thanksgivings. Last Thanksgiving I brought a lg ziploc baggy to bring home turkey. My cat was happy and I finally got my $$ worth (actually it wasn't $11 worth of food, but I got something). Hubby gets embarrassed when I sneak food out. Oh well. Hell get over it

My hubby and I went to a Brazilian steakhouse for our anniversary and I paid 25 for just the salad bar' date=' of which I probably ate 50 cents worth (about 8 shrimp and a small spoonful of chicken salad was all I could do). Sigh. It was my first buffet since surgery since I hate to pay for food I am not eating. But, it was our anniversary and my hubby did his very best to eat enough meat for both of us.[/quote']

Denise! I love those places and have a tip, don't know if yours is local or a chain, but Texas de brazil does a birthday club and you get one meal free if you buy a meal. I have not been since being sleeved, but it comes out to the same price as if you got two salad bars but you get the meat and all that yumminess, my birthday will be a month after my 1 year surgiversary and told the hubbs I want to go there :)

For those of you who know what Shakeys Bunch O lunch is' date=' you'll know where I'm coming from. Today after bowling, we decided to go across the street to Shakeys for lunch (all u can eat pizza, chicken mashed pots, mojo pots, salad, Pasta, etc). I had my WLS Card the dr gave me so I could get the childs price, but hubby was embarrassed to ask for a discount and I didn't even try.

I ate: 1 bite of pizza, 2 bites of roasted chicken drumstick, 2 small mojo potatoes dipped in ranch. Thats it. Wow. I was mourning my yesteryear, watching people pile on pizza and chicken (and my fav, mojos). It truly was sad. I enjoyed what I DID eat tho...

While I've been a waste of a buffet for almost 4 yrs (since being lapbanded), it's much worse now (8 weeks out from revision). Or I guess it shouldn't be considered worse, but better?

Next time I'm going to demand the childs price cuz I eat less than an infant! What a waste![/quote']

Maybe get a one trip to go buffet then just eat what u can and take the rest home??

I tried to use the card in a buffet in Fl. The girl just laughed and said they could not do that. I was so angry that I stormed out. My poor husband wanted to eat though and he had to leave also. I have never used it before or after. Usually I eat off of his plate or do an appetizer. All you can eat places are out for me. I refuse to pay $10-$20 for a meal I can only eat a few bites of.

If you have Golden Corral they also charge by the pound. So if others want to go you can also just pick out what you want and have them weigh it. This should cut your cost.

If you have Golden Corral they also charge by the pound. So if others want to go you can also just pick out what you want and have them weigh it. This should cut your cost.

Oh that is an awesome idea!!! We have a Chinese Buffet that does that as well as the Golden Corral. My kids were scared they'd never get to go to these places again but now I can see it in our future.

I take the family out all the time kids love to eat out. I just order Soup and take the rest home. Cant wait till im on all foods so i can have a meal and take it home for 3 days of eating.