Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anti-Semitism In France!

Forgive my ignorance but were does it say in the bible that global warming doesn't exist? I can't understand why the religious right is so apposed to the concept of global warming. Why would someone lie about such a critical topic. There doesn't seem to be any reason for someone to espouse global warming, there does however seem to be motive for some to prove that it does not exist.
Falwell quoted a biblical verse about the planting and harvest will continue until Jesus returns.

I can not find a link to it, but I saw him say it on a TV news show. His interpretation, I guess, is that the world can not end because of global warming because of that verse.

Someone should tell Jerry that Global warming will not bring about the end of the world. Global warming will likely destroy the world as we know it but I am sure a folks living on high ground in the more northern reaches will survive and continue to plant and harvest.

I think Jerry Falwells world is very small!!!

P.S. where I am sitting right now may one day be under Water (Anna Maria Island Florida) and that would be a shame but where I am going back to will be fine, Maybe a little warmer. Maybe I should become a deciple of Jerry's, that might guarantee my property value will go up significantly. :) :) :cool:

Someone should tell Jerry that Global warming will not bring about the end of the world. Global warming will likely destroy the world as we know it but I am sure a folks living on high ground in the more northern reaches will survive and continue to plant and harvest.

P.S. where I am sitting right now may one day be under Water (Anna Maria Island Florida) and that would be a shame but where I am going back to will be fine, Maybe a little warmer. Maybe I should become a deciple of Jerry's, that might guarantee my property value will go up significantly. :) :) :cool:

True, but you had better hire an army to protect your propety.

I hear Halliburton has armies for hire. For a mere 1/2 million per man per year, you can rent as many contractors, I mean soldiers as you want.

I was gonna say that you better learn to pack a pistol, TommyO, but TOM's suggestion is even better.

P.S. where I am sitting right now may one day be under Water (Anna Maria Island Florida) and that would be a shame but where I am going back to will be fine, Maybe a little warmer. Maybe I should become a deciple of Jerry's, that might guarantee my property value will go up significantly. :) :) :)

I have bookmarked a site called Rapture Ready which I occasionally visit when I am in the mood. It makes for fascinating viewing.:rolleyes These folks believe that the rapture is imminent due to the events in the Middle East and so they really don't care about what happens to this planet; they themselves will be leaving it for another climate.

As for us Canucks, TommyO, we should be very afraid.:think We have lots of fresh water and as our climate becomes more attractive to live in there will be great pressure from outsiders to take this property over.:success1: Remember that there are only 31 million of us to keep an eye on the joint.:faint: That ain't a helluva lot of people and Canadians are not known for their warlike personalities!:phanvan

After watching George Bush and Dick Cheney all these years, I would think that you have learned a great deal about warlike personalities.

And you are right, you're going to need them. I'm assembling a team right now and we are planning on heading toward British Columbia. And it's not to visit Victoria Gardens, if you see what I mean. We are going to start an avocado orchard in anticipation of the New Order.

After watching George Bush and Dick Cheney all these years, I would think that you have learned a great deal about warlike personalities.

And you are right, you're going to need them. I'm assembling a team right now and we are planning on heading toward British Columbia. And it's not to visit Victoria Gardens, if you see what I mean. We are going to start an avocado orchard in anticipation of the New Order.

Hahahahaha! We Canucks are gonna bore y'all to death with our niceness and our polite ways. :heh: :heh: :heh: We will force you to watch the CBC (Canadian Broadcasting Channel) and nuthin' but!:rolleyes It's gonna be nothin' but hockey, Canadian news, and bad Canadian sit-coms for your television viewing pleasure, eh.:success1:

And then we're gonna restrict your food to donuts and poutine, the national nosh of Canada. :hungry: Yup, it's cholesterol time Canadian style. If the boredom doesn't kill ya the food will. :phanvan (We have our weapons, you know. They might be passive-aggressive weapons but they are ours.:) )

Yes indeed, all manner of people can be mean and greedy. And it is never a good thing.

You must admit however that for someone who claims to live in the light of Jesus the Lord and our Savior, and who speaks from a position of great influence by representing their church and its doctrine of loving the Lord and spreading the word of the Bible, greed and meanness are truly abhorrent.

P.S. If you believe that I think that some of the clergy mentioned above are the only people who are greedy and hateful, you would be incorrect. I was merely pointing out how shocking and abhorrent it is if done by someone who is considered to be deeply religious.

Yes. I totally agree. It's very disheartening. It's embarrassing and shameful and sadly only serves as more fodder for those who tend to ridicule Christianity as a whole. Anyone who represents a company or a particular group in such a public way and fails so miserably is indeed abhorrent and indeed proof that no matter how much money or how much power, one can still be brought to their knees and often will.. :cry
I think it is the money and the power, that distorts the Christian leaders. I have no way of knowing if the Christian leaders who are politically active, but only concentrate on a few issues to condemn (gay rights and abortion) while quietly supporting greed by large corporations, destruction of the environment and the war in Iraq, while ignoring the poor, started out to become that way, or if the money and power corrupted them on the way up the Christian hierarchy

I have noticed that most Christian leaders when on TV talk shows quote the Old Testament much more than they quote Jesus, especially the Beatitudes.

TOM: That's strange. I haven't ever noticed that about them quoting the Old Testament more. Why is that? Because it doesn't address the issues of hope and charity as much?

TOM: That's strange. I haven't ever noticed that about them quoting the Old Testament more. Why is that? Because it doesn't address the issues of hope and charity as much?
Bingo!!

Jesus was about Love and compassion, especially for the poor.